PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTV Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Simpdapimp is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Simpdapimp
PhoneControl.net

Has anyone here ever played with this http://phonecontrol.net/ ? It looks pretty cool, i stumbled across it looking for something else but it seems to be a cool tool. I dont have time to play with it or see the functions right now but if someone is willing to give it a look and report back with a review that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I played around with the trial a while back. I have a UMPC in my car so it sounded like it would be a great tool. I encountered a few bugs (probably related to running Vista on my Samsung Q1U) but overall it worked fairly well. There can be some lag over bluetooth though. I would feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, but PhoneControl wouldn't report anyone calling for around 10 seconds sometimes. I also never got text messaging to work through phonecontrol (probably another Vista related bug). In the end I decided to just pick up my phone and use it. The idea seemed cool, but the implementation was just not quite there.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul

tannis is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to tannis Send a message via MSN to tannis Send a message via Yahoo to tannis
yea I tried to get it to work with my 6700 with Vista as well as XP... it kept locking the phone up never could get it to work.... if you can get it to work the way it's supposed to it is a killer app!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software