PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 02:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gera229 is keeping up the good workgera229 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyway to connect to your pc with winmo 6.5 wirelessly?

What I am asking is if there is any way to connect to the computer using the phones network?
Some times I may be located somewhere out of town and may need to upload some files on my pc, but there is no way I can do that.
The only way would be to set up a connection on your computer for it to be ready to accept your phones signal and so on. So that you can use your phones internet to connect to your computer while out of town and control it.

Anyone find this possible? It would be great to do this.

If there is no software for it, but it is possible and if it is my idea, I wish I knew programming to create it lol.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:38 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Anyway to connect to your pc with winmo 6.5 wirelessly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229 View Post
What I am asking is if there is any way to connect to the computer using the phones network?
Some times I may be located somewhere out of town and may need to upload some files on my pc, but there is no way I can do that.
The only way would be to set up a connection on your computer for it to be ready to accept your phones signal and so on. So that you can use your phones internet to connect to your computer while out of town and control it.

Anyone find this possible? It would be great to do this.

If there is no software for it, but it is possible and if it is my idea, I wish I knew programming to create it lol.
Hmm..your confusing me :/ lol..but If I understood you right...have you tried Remote Desktop(should be preinstalled on your phone and depending on your windows version your pc as well) ?

There is also things like LogMeIn and etc..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-02-2011, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I thought remote desktop only works if you connect to USB? Also can you control the pc through it?

Another thing is that if I use it the computer will need to accept it won't it?
On PC to PC it just works, no need to accept haha.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:03 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I thought remote desktop only works if you connect to USB? Also can you control the pc through it?

Another thing is that if I use it the computer will need to accept it won't it?
On PC to PC it just works, no need to accept haha.
Remote Desktop works over the internet..how else do you think businesses manage their windows servers?

And yes you can enable option so that you don't need to accept connections..

I mean I own servers in Texas, Michigan and other countries that I Remote Desktop to all the time..would suck if I had to walk across 10 states and cross country borders just to hit accept

and you can even add SSL encryption too...

If you use a router with a firewall you will have to open up the Remote Desktop ports..same for software firewalls if you use them..
Old 02-03-2011, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I guess I learned something new and would like to try it. Can you guide me on this, and yeah I just thought it would be cool and somewhat useful for me, but don't know much about connections nor do I know what ssl encryption is lol.

I would like to know if this stores any memory on your phone or anything? Like the computer images it needs to load or something may take up some memory (Yeah ram but I'm talking about physical memory). If it does store memory is there any way to put it to store on storage card? Because I don't want my phones physical memory to get all bulky. Or does it remove all this stored data after you exit it and clear/ clean i completely and you regain back your physical memory completely?

Last edited by gera229; 02-03-2011 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:30 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
I guess I learned something new and would like to try it. Can you guide me on this, and yeah I just thought it would be cool and somewhat useful for me, but don't know much about connections nor do I know what ssl encryption is lol.

I would like to know if this stores any memory on your phone or anything? Like the computer images it needs to load or something may take up some memory (Yeah ram but I'm talking about physical memory). If it does store memory is there any way to put it to store on storage card? Because I don't want my phones physical memory to get all bulky. Or does it remove all this stored data after you exit it and clear/ clean i completely and you regain back your physical memory completely?
Lets start with what version of windows you have?...and if its 32bit or 64bit?...

Remote Desktop is usually pre-installed on your phone...but you might need a newer version or to reinstall it if your using a custom rom that took it out...

As for RAM usage, don't worry..all the processing is done by your pc at home...all the phone does is display it..similar to how your monitor doesn't need ram as it just displays whats sent to it..
Old 02-03-2011, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have winmo 6.5 stock rom Sprint TP2. How do I check the version?

My PC is 64 bit windows 7 ultimate.

Last edited by gera229; 02-03-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:01 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
I have winmo 6.5 stock rom Sprint TP2. How do I check the version?

My PC is 64 bit windows 7 ultimate.
Here is a guide to enable Remote Desktop (saves me time and effort lol):

How to setup remote desktop in windows 7 « Windows 7 Home

If you want to create a different user which you will use for Remote Desktop you can...or otherwise you can use any user you wish..

--

You will also have to add port 3389 to allow on your windows firewall or any other firewall you may have including router firewall..
Old 02-03-2011, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the link, also is remote desktop better than using Logmein.com? By how much? How much better is the performance and what's better?
Any page refresh lag?

Hmm how do you check phone user name? The link you gave me doesn't show how to connect mobile phones but rather how to connect pc to pc?

Last edited by gera229; 02-03-2011 at 03:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:26 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Thanks for the link, also is remote desktop better than using Logmein.com? By how much? How much better is the performance and what's better?
Any page refresh lag?

Hmm how do you check phone user name? The link you gave me doesn't show how to connect mobile phones but rather how to connect pc to pc?
its practically exactly the same on the phone as over there..you just enter the hostname/ip, the username and the password..(you use the username of your PC, not the phone)

There really isnt much refresh lag but it depends on your connection..

As for difference between logmein..hard to say..as I said Remote Desktop is just already installed on your phone and on your PC..so its kinda the "Default" option..the advantages of Log Me In your going to have to get from their website or etc...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software