PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2007, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Vogue
Carrier: sprint

ahbroody is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Catman do u have a link to this. I looked around and all I found was mozilla thunderbird email client
Old 12-08-2007, 01:57 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
yup I second the post above mine. no luck locating this file. please point us in the right direction?
Old 12-08-2007, 02:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13177

that thread has the .cab posted in it
Old 12-08-2007, 03:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Matrix is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahbroody View Post
Catman do u have a link to this. I looked around and all I found was mozilla thunderbird email client
I believe he means Thunderhawk. It's been around for many years. I've never tried it though...

http://www.bitstream.com/wireless/index.html
Old 12-08-2007, 04:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
ah your right my bad, I should of read better. Thunderhawk looks interesting, but who wants to pay $50 a year for a web browser that doesn't even support tabs and hasn't been updated since March of 2005.

Last edited by pdx77; 12-08-2007 at 04:23 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ahbroody is a n00b
After reading a little on this it looks impressive, but the cost does suck.
50.00 if you buy the whole year, 5.00 per month and no trial available I could find.
Seems like its an AOL type of thing which is how and why they charge. They process all the pages so they are optimized for the mobile phone. Want to try, but damn thats pricey
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/soft...hunderhawk.htm
text from article above

How is this done?
I asked Sampo Kaasila just that question. I imagined that ThunderHawk proxy servers act as a middle-man, reformating the content to make it suitable for Pocket PC screen then sending it out to your device. Here's the definitve word from Sampo: "We do rely on an array of ThunderHawk content adaptation servers acting as proxies. These servers have a very fast Internet connection so they are able to download all the HTML and images fast. They do not strip out content, instead they do all the heavy weigh lifting (page layout with font substitution) on the server and the actual page content is then transmitted in a compacted format to the PDA.
A key thought behind what we do is that we are trying to preserve the content and desk-top experience on the wireless device"
Old 12-08-2007, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ahbroody is a n00b
F it I will try it out on my touch for a month and see who it goes and if its work it.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work
Sorry, didn't get to get back here till now.
Yes, it ain't cheap, but of all the browsers, Thunderhawk is absolutely the closest to looking at a real desk top.
I bought Opera 8.65, not as good.
Had Netfront a few years back, mem hog and not as good,
wouldn't touch Minimo with a ten foot pole after all the problems I've read about it everywhere.
Was not going to spend the money again this year, and realized, I can't do without it, so I did.
Oops, sorry I just read my original post, where I said Thunderbird! I keep mixing the names up...
Old 12-09-2007, 02:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ahbroody is a n00b
Well I was at first really disapointed, but after playing with it, it does have some nice things about it. Going to keep playing with it, picsel, the new netfont, and opera mini to see if one pulls away. Each have some pluses but this is visually probally the easiest interface
Old 12-09-2007, 03:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond

zagleft1 is a n00b
I was a bit Thawk fan a few years back, it really did render a nice looking page. Navigation sucked but the view was great.

Catman, you have a 6700, right? Is it WM 5 or 6? Has anyone tried Thunderhawk on a WM6 device like the Mogul?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software