PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: IPAQ 910C
Carrier: T-mobile

maiki is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
IPAQ 2210 Mapping Software Problems

Hello,

As my WM 6.1 phone recently stopped working, I took out my old IPAQ 2210 (on which I recently had a repair done) and have been using it again (of course not as a phone, but as a PDA).

I am able to connect to the Internet with it though. I have a wi-fi SDIO card, and am also able to tether (T-Mo 3G) through the phone I am using now, the SE TM506.

The IPAQ 2210 runs WM2003. I think I have the last stock ROM on it.

I downloaded the WM2003 versions of Windows LiveSearch (now called Bing Mobile, but the WM2003 version is still LiveSearch), and Google Maps. Furthermore, I already had an old mapping program called Virtual Earth Mobile.

I installed all three, and they all installed fine, completely normal.

However, not one of the three programs runs at all. I click on the icon in Programs, and nothing happens. I go with File Explorer directly to the executable file, click or double-click, nothing happens at all. No error message, just no response. Same with all three apps.

As I first had installed them all to the CF card, I uninstalled, rebooted, and re-installed to main memory (default location). Still, they will not run at all.

Does anyone know, why none of these mapping programs are working on my IPAQ 2210? Is there any way I can fix the problem? A registry tweak or something?

Thanks in advance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
google maps, ipaq 2210, livesearch, pocket pc, wm2003