PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Lurker

gauravps is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
never mind never mind...just figured it out. i need a more compact theme like the awesome one in this thread - where do y'all get them from? this was my first experience with wp, so i didn't realise the specific functionality that wp-pilot was providing. thanks storyr!
Old 01-13-2007, 01:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravps
never mind never mind...just figured it out. i need a more compact theme like the awesome one in this thread - where do y'all get them from? this was my first experience with wp, so i didn't realise the specific functionality that wp-pilot was providing. thanks storyr!
Hey - no problem. Most of these themes came from the WeatherPanel wiki. They didn't really fit square screen devices very well, so I modified a few and created new versions (Simple-240, Tabs-240, Stealth-240). Chameleon-240 is the newest theme that I built - mostly from scratch.

If you search, you can find them all on these forums...
Old 01-25-2007, 11:22 AM
uvz
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael WM 6.5
Carrier: TIM

uvz is a n00b
hi all
I tried and tried this app on my treo750 but don't works.
when I scroll down the 5-way navigator it jump to the next plugin, not weather panel
I use the stealth240; tried also with camaleon, but did'n works.
Does this little great utility can work for the treo750?

Ps: when I scroll down the navigator on the wp, I have a popup error: it say there is a problem with a signature or don't find file or missing component (???)

anyone have tested it with a treo750?

thanks (and sorry for my english language)

my today screen

Old 01-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Lurker

trjons is a n00b
Someone answer me this (stupid question).

What is better about Weather Panel than the free Weather To Go plugin?

Weather panel seems to take up so much ram.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Lurker

EskimoPie is a n00b
Any update on getting this to work with Wisbar Advance Desktop? I have a WAD virtual page that ONLY has weatherpanel (a full page layout) on it. I added your tool at the top of the page (pixel 0) and set weatherpanel to start at pixel 1, and when I go to that page and D-pad down once, I get a "WPControl" popup error stating "WeatherPanel not found!".

You're probably familiar with WAD, but if not, it's a today screen replacement program. My ACTUAL WM5 today screen has NOTHING on it since item's apparently can't be on both the today screen and WAD at the same time.

I'm guessing that's the problem , and it's due to the requirement to have them both loaded and next to each other in the today screen list. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2007, 01:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoPie
Any update on getting this to work with Wisbar Advance Desktop? I have a WAD virtual page that ONLY has weatherpanel (a full page layout) on it. I added your tool at the top of the page (pixel 0) and set weatherpanel to start at pixel 1, and when I go to that page and D-pad down once, I get a "WPControl" popup error stating "WeatherPanel not found!".

You're probably familiar with WAD, but if not, it's a today screen replacement program. My ACTUAL WM5 today screen has NOTHING on it since item's apparently can't be on both the today screen and WAD at the same time.

I'm guessing that's the problem , and it's due to the requirement to have them both loaded and next to each other in the today screen list. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!
Version 2.0 will support WAD. It's currently in beta right now. If you'd like to be a tester, PM your email and I'll send you a CAB.

The reason version 1.0 doesn't work in WAD: When WP-Pilot v1.0 searches for the WeatherPanel window, it starts at the "Desktop Window", below which the active Today plugins live. The WAD desktop is a "peer" of the Desktop Window (at the same level) - so WP-Pilot v1.0 can't find it.

I've changed v2.0 to start searching at the topmost window in the system. So now, theoretically, it should find WeatherPanel no matter where it lives.

There's still a requirement that WP-Pilot be "near" WeatherPanel though...
Old 01-26-2007, 02:23 PM
uvz
PPCGeeks Regular

uvz is a n00b
treo 750

this works on treo750?
Old 01-26-2007, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: treo 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvz
this works on treo750?
It certainly should. It sounds to me like you have an installation problem.

Uninstall and install again. If you're prompted about "unknown source", respond with "yes"...
Old 01-26-2007, 05:07 PM
uvz
PPCGeeks Regular

uvz is a n00b
Re: WP-Pilot - One handed navigation of WeatherPanel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
...for our Canadian and Italian friends
grazie!
-------------

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall it, in my treo750. Don't work.
I have tried to display the today screen with only WP & WP-P, don't work.
You can see in the screenshot the 1 pixel line of WP-P
but when I scroll down the 5-way navigator, a popup say:
"Impossible to open the file wp-pilot. Digital signature with a reliable certificate is not available or impossible to find one of the components. Maybe you can try to reinstall it"

This popup appears only one time, at the first. After that, when I scroll the 5-way nav skip the wp-p plugin and jump to the next (if present)

I nave the file.exe and the plugin.dll correctly into the Programmi folder (the italian program file folder), with the marsware folder and all the other software.
I also try to copy the 2 file in the wp folder....
Also tried with a soft reset
Don't work. The wp-p run, but don't work (look the popup)

I can remove each doubts making an hard reset, I know...but, before the hard reset, I'd like to wait onyone with WP-P & Treo750 working...
Tanks

Old 01-26-2007, 05:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: WP-Pilot - One handed navigation of WeatherPanel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvz
I can remove each doubts making an hard reset, I know...but, before the hard reset, I'd like to wait onyone with WP-P & Treo750 working...
Tanks
Don't hard reset yet. There must be a way to lower the security settings on the 750 to allow non-signed exe's to run. You might try posting this question on the 750 forum...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software