PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 03:32 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: [WM][Feb 28] PPCGeeks SD ROM Flasher v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Cool. Any luck getting it to search folders or is that just wishing for too much?
No luck @ all, and I'm 100% its the OS. So I'm thinking on a few ways to possibly fix this issue. But there's not to many options available that would help with the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
This sounds GREAT! Thank you so much!
This shouldn't be to hard to implent I should have some downtime in the near future hopefully.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:00 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

what if it would also extract any rom.zip (*rom.zip) or just any zip that has an nbh in it..
Old 03-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
what if it would also extract any rom.zip (*rom.zip) or just any zip that has an nbh in it..
lol just publicly post my idea :P jk I was thinking of borrowing the idea from nandroid Thanks for suggestion!
~mike
Old 03-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Well it seems that Sprint helped me out, they newest official update does allow for searching the whole device for nbh files. If only I could figure out what they changed. Couldn't be to much I wouldn't think.
~mike
Old 03-28-2010, 02:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Nice concept.
Never really thought of something like this before...
Nicely done.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raph500 Verizon TP (ugh..memory gimped)
Carrier: Verizon

NYCspeedSurfer is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: PPCGeeks SD ROM Flasher - Adding .nbh File Extraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
lol just publicly post my idea :P jk I was thinking of borrowing the idea from nandroid Thanks for suggestion!
~mike
RE: Auto .nbh file extraction..... Since I don't have a laptop or desktop pc, I have successfully 'SD Flashed" about 8 times so far - completely PC-less and THANKS TO YOUr appl! Having searched for many roms, i can tell you that the rom file and compression method vary widely... the rom might be an .exe extracted by pockrtRar, or the original d/l file might be a zipped up .exe (2 layers of extraction), others use the 7zip format (WinRar for the PC is allegedly able to read this type.. dunno - I do know that PocketRar (ver 3.93) wouldn't for me. In short - the function of auto-extracting 'RUU_signed.nbh' could be a bit daunting. Just thought I'd throw that out there since your original Q: was somrthing like "would [auto-extraction] confuse NooBies".

I keep the Roms on my SD card right off the root (e.g. Storage Card/ROMS/[RomDeveloper(i.e. Mighty)]/LatestRom.exe,OtherRom.exe

As is the case with some Music Players that follow a strict hierarchy (music/artist/album/song1,song2), your programming may take-on a similar face in order to produce results across multiusers.

:
Anyway... Keep up the great work!
Old 03-30-2010, 11:43 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
Nice concept.
Never really thought of something like this before...
Nicely done.
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCspeedSurfer View Post
RE: Auto .nbh file extraction..... Since I don't have a laptop or desktop pc, I have successfully 'SD Flashed" about 8 times so far - completely PC-less and THANKS TO YOUr appl! Having searched for many roms, i can tell you that the rom file and compression method vary widely... the rom might be an .exe extracted by pockrtRar, or the original d/l file might be a zipped up .exe (2 layers of extraction), others use the 7zip format (WinRar for the PC is allegedly able to read this type.. dunno - I do know that PocketRar (ver 3.93) wouldn't for me. In short - the function of auto-extracting 'RUU_signed.nbh' could be a bit daunting. Just thought I'd throw that out there since your original Q: was somrthing like "would [auto-extraction] confuse NooBies".

I keep the Roms on my SD card right off the root (e.g. Storage Card/ROMS/[RomDeveloper(i.e. Mighty)]/LatestRom.exe,OtherRom.exe

As is the case with some Music Players that follow a strict hierarchy (music/artist/album/song1,song2), your programming may take-on a similar face in order to produce results across multiusers.

:
Anyway... Keep up the great work!
Thank you very much for your input! I've looked into it and you are correct. I haven't tried to narrow down what allows to look into other dirs for nbh files. Hopefully can do that soon. This should hopefully allow looking into ever dir for them, since exe extraction doesn't look to swell.
~mike
Old 04-02-2010, 05:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raph500 Verizon TP (ugh..memory gimped)
Carrier: Verizon

NYCspeedSurfer is a n00b
Arrow Re: [WM][Feb 28] PPCGeeks SD ROM Flasher v1.1

Quote:
Thank you sir!

Thank you very much for your input! I've looked into it and you are correct. I haven't tried to narrow down what allows to look into other dirs for nbh files. Hopefully can do that soon. This should hopefully allow looking into ever dir for them, since exe extraction doesn't look to swell.
~mike
i
Mike,
I appreciate your efforts on both fronts (searching entire SD card for roms and.nbh file extraction)
. However, the most useful tool i would want is a mobile version of pagerpool (pp) changer, anyway you could write a mobile version that would allow a device to open for hex edit an.nbh file? Ideally, this utility would be a part of your sd card flasher that offers the user a series of steps to flashing: 1) open the nbh file on the root of SDand display current pp settings and the option of adjusting pp to (especially for us verizon cdma tp users to settings of 0, 6, 10, 12 - whatever higher settings for the fuze).
2) choose settings of device type like tp, tp2, etc (and make them stick upon installation of ur app?)

3) choose rom file and flash.

Many of the chefs are now including an option of reviewing and changing pp size as part of the flash from pc's, can you write this code up for mobile?

If i may suggest - abingdon the multi directory nbh search and extraction projects for now. leave it to the user to be responsible to place the desired nbh file on the root of sd card.

Ooh, just had a thought! What if i had links (.lnk) on the sd root say "EnergyRom(version),lnk", "m
ighty6Rom.lnk"; could to ur ap offer to "look for rom links"? Then, user chooses the desired rom link, program responds with "rom is being copied, this may take several minutes- pls wait". (.nbh is copied to sd root)

the good thing about the above is that I only have ONE .nbh file on the root along with my persistent .lnk rom links! you could even write code to automatically search for .nbh files off the path of SD/ROMS/ (containing subdirs of "energy", "mighty", "nfsfan"),! But considering ur difficulties so far at nbh searching, maybe ur program could search upon installation?

don't know if my gibberish makes sense, lemme know if you need more. Also, I can provide more info on pagepool settings - has been thoroughly discussed both here and over at XDA.

Just wanted to say thanks again for all ur hard work.
-Ric
Old 04-02-2010, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Well it seems that Sprint helped me out, they newest official update does allow for searching the whole device for nbh files. If only I could figure out what they changed. Couldn't be to much I wouldn't think.
~mike
There's plenty of free softwares out there to compare files and also to compare whats inside files...
Possibly decompile it and use them to figure that out? Kinda how alot of rom developers do stuff aswell.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

gtx_aspec is becoming a great contributor

any chance of you sharing the source code for some contribution to this project?

thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
flash from sd card, flash rom, flashing sd card .nbh, sd rom flasher