PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2006, 03:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: I730/Treo700wx-800/HTCTP
Carrier: Sprint

wrecks is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Protect PPC

Looking for suggestions on a software that will hard reset or wipe my Pocket PC via sms. Is there such thing that is not on a enterprise level?
Old 11-05-2006, 09:54 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
sounds kinda dangerous don't you think?
Old 11-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
theres a program to kill it but I don't remember the name nor is it via sms. (which would be dangerous) anternativly if u use a exchange server and have ur own box u can remote wipe the device via the exchange server.
~mike

Old 11-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
The program is remotePROTECT
http://scpsoft.com/remoteprotect.htm

It's not really dangerous, I mean you're not sending some random SMS message but rather one with a special flag (namely your pass code), so not sure why people think that. For people with sensitive information, government jobs, etc. it's actually very valuable software and many use it.

Anyways, it has received raving reviews from users and it plays nice with WM5, even with the Treo 700wx and I'd imagine the 6700.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I don't see it dangerous, I mean if I loose my phone, I basically have my personal and companies sensitve information.

Thanks for app suggestion, I tried it on my other PPC and couldn't to get it to wipe. maybe because it was a demo version or i'm just not doing it right. Probably an id10t error. Going to give it another whirl.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

After I RTFM it seems to be working as advertised.

Thanks again.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
that sound pretty cool, might just get me a copy

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

Old 11-05-2006, 11:59 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
yep that does sound good - sorry misunderstood the application - sorta a self destruct code for your phone.

Now if you could have it play the old Star Trek self destruct soundbite when you kicked it off, that would be cool

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software