PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Lurker

jaydubya12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem with PhoneAlarm....

I've had the program phonealarm for a week now, and an alarm started going off last night that will not stop. There was nothing highlighted, so I turned off the program, soft reset my 700wx, then restarted the program.... The alarm went off again, but this time the e-mail notification was going off. No new e-mails... I actually went through and opened all my e-mails just in case, but the alarm is still going off. Any ideas on why this happening? Anyone else experienced this?
Old 11-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
i also have had issues with phonealarm not this one tho. i had my bluetooth turn on and off at random times....so i uninstalled and havent really looked back. are u using the newest build? maybe mala can help he uses pa all the time

Old 11-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jaydubya12 is a n00b
Yeah, I am using the newest build. I had a similar issue with it about a month a go, so I deleted it. I really wanted to give it another try, but this might have done it for me and my short relationship with PA.... Mala seems to know quite a bit about it tho, so I will wait to see if he responds before I throw in the towel completely.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I'm going to go with some other 3rd part program is messing with your alarms OR you have duplicate notifications, which using something like MemMaid or SKTools could alleviate.

PhoneAlarm might exacerbate the situation but I would have to say that your experience is quite rare or rather, not a known issue with PA.

For instance, I bet dollar to doughnuts if you were to hard reset and put PA on there along with all of your PIM information (calendar, contacts, etc) it would be solid.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
After I discovered PA, it quickly became one of my favorite programs. And sofar I never had any issues with it. Give it another shot. When you got the problem resolved, you'll love it.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jaydubya12 is a n00b
Magically the alarm disappeared after a few hours, unfortunately the SMS alarm started going off with no new messages. I'm going to try an uninstall/reinstall to see if anything changes.
Mala, the only 3rd party software that I have is stuff off of this site. Threaded SMS, UI Tweaker, SMS left softkey, Mavick Hidelogo, PocketMax Keylight, Weatherpanel, TodayAgenda, Total Commander, and PocketMax Spacer. Have any of these programs been knnown to cause issues?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:06 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I have all of those except Threaded, SMS softkey and TC... no issues with PAL.

I did have issues with PA Full, but after trying out Lite never had isues...
Old 11-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydubya12
Magically the alarm disappeared after a few hours, unfortunately the SMS alarm started going off with no new messages. I'm going to try an uninstall/reinstall to see if anything changes.
Mala, the only 3rd party software that I have is stuff off of this site. Threaded SMS, UI Tweaker, SMS left softkey, Mavick Hidelogo, PocketMax Keylight, Weatherpanel, TodayAgenda, Total Commander, and PocketMax Spacer. Have any of these programs been knnown to cause issues?
no, those programs are fine.

what may be an issue is the repeat notifications, which is caused by past appointments or alarms not clearing out of the system. This is independent of any 3rd party programs. Run something like MemMaid or SKTools to see if that helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software