PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 02:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

IMTHATGUY704 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Glad the little copy/paste cache folder worked for everyone.
*My good friend runs a Sprint store right across the street from my job and he says that we should not get billed for any of our wrong doings..............then he turns around and asks me to put the SprintTv on his phone. Go figure!*

Hey CalcMan, have fun with it and and give into the temptation. Just remember if you get a extremely high bill then we ALL get a extremely high bill. (PEER PRESSURE)
Old 11-09-2007, 02:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

IMTHATGUY704 is a n00b
Did you go Program Files/SprintTv/delete the old Cache file and paste the new one?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch, Touch Pro, BB8330

mandangalo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mandangalo
i'll be installing this in the morning, thanks.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

12gage is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMTHATGUY704 View Post
Did you go Program Files/SprintTv/delete the old Cache file and paste the new one?
I pasted over the old one, I'll try deleting then pasting. You think that could be the problem?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
Hey all here's what I did:
Installed the cab, loaded it up then it mandated an upgrade so I went ahead with that, added the cache=Loading
Uninstalled, reinstalled, did not load the program but rather put the cache into program file/sprinttv, ran it, NO upgrade was mandated (a little confused by this one but maybe its because of th cache having the files needed?)=No Loading BUT only like 4 channels, the ones which i could see the icons for were the ones that would load all the rest just had the titles and nothing woul happen when I clicked on them.
My question is that I cannot subscribe to anything, no option for it, and some of my channels...well most of them don't come in, any suggestions?
I will try uninstalling a few more times but if anyone knows off the bat that would be great (I read somewhere in this thread that it may just be a cycling issue where the channels werent available for anyone at that particular time, but with all the channels that I couldn't access I find that a little hard to beleive.)

Thanks
PH

Don't forget to hit the '+'
Old 11-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

holasenor is a n00b
??? IS ANYONE GETTING THE SPRINT XTRA CHANNELS AS WELL? It says I have to subscribe to those! I am on SERO plan by the way...so let me know if you are on SERO as well and are getting that for free. Thanks!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

mattkeo is a n00b
installed the cache and works great! thanks. why would the cache have missing files in them?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

Dralic is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkeo View Post
installed the cache and works great! thanks. why would the cache have missing files in them?
seems like the cache is stored in different places on different phones/OS versions and the maker of the install cab had the cache in the windows/cache directory so some of us have to make changes.

I could be wrong but it seems a reasonable possibility.

Yes we have EVDO in Alabama. And, Yes someone asked me.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff
Cache

The cache works great, but the problem I am having is that it disappears. I was having the same problem as others were it stays in the loading screen. I looked and the cache was gone, I downloaded and installed it and it ran fine. But this morning I tried it and it was stuck again, looked and the cache was gone, re-installed it and it works fine again. I am on a Sprint PPC 6700 with WM5 original ROM. Anyone else having this problem.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:11 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Clearly slapping in cache files is a band-aid at best... without knowing what sprinttv is doing, but knowing full well what "cache" means, I can guess that the app downloads new content as directed by the server, updating and replacing the cache files as the content on the server changes. So over (a fairly short period of) time, the cache files I uploaded will become invalid.

The bigger question is, why can't some people update their cache? Is everyone who is having cache update problems on SERO? I am not, I've got PV access service.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software