PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 06:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
Are you able to view all of the CNN and SEE clips?
SEE works fine over EVDO, and WIFI

CNN works fine over EVDO, and WIFI
Planet in Peril seems to only work good over WIFI...

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 10-26-2007, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tom5b is a n00b
As a Newbe this may be a dumb question: When did this cab file become active in the group? Has it been a full month or two for the powers that be to bill?

Also, I left the program run for 1.5 hours (my time to get to work) and had 50% of remaining power when I shut off.

I am still looking for a work around and free Direct Streaming Cab. T
Old 10-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom5b View Post
As a Newbe this may be a dumb question: When did this cab file become active in the group? Has it been a full month or two for the powers that be to bill?

Also, I left the program run for 1.5 hours (my time to get to work) and had 50% of remaining power when I shut off.

I am still looking for a work around and free Direct Streaming Cab. T
Well it looks like it was posted to this site on 20 October. The billing issue is still outstanding--we just don't know yet.

And yes...this application (as with most apps that stay connected to the internet) is a bit of a battery hog. You can adjust your screen brightness and turn off your keyboard lights in an effort to conserve power.

late,
Coz
Old 10-26-2007, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache 6700, HTC Touch (Vogue), HTC TouchPro2

bilson is keeping up the good workbilson is keeping up the good work
It's working for me with EvDo but 1x it keeps rebuffering. Haven't tried WiFi yet. Get 7000 error but retry and it works.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Well it looks like it was posted to this site on 20 October. The billing issue is still outstanding--we just don't know yet.

late,
Coz
I think as far as billing, the only way I would be concerned is if I were with Sprint....I really don't see how they would/could charge people with other service providors. They do not have our personal/billing info, and I do not believe for a second that all the providors would get together on this (eg.:

[Sprint] "Hey VZW, I see ten of your subscribers use our TV service, would you be so kind as to place the usage charges on your bill to them, and pass it along to us?"

[VZW]: "Sure thing Sprint, we will get right on that and collect your money and pass it along to you as a curtesy, no charge to you!!!!")

Yeah.....right!!!!! ROTFLMAO

Last edited by syrguy1969; 10-26-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to pringlet
Thanks for This!

I'm running Helmi_C WM 6 on Verizon and just installed this. It's working like a champ. I hit the subscribe button when the program launched and have been checking out a few of the channels.

Overall performance seems very good. A slight bit choppy over EVDO but very watchable.

I don't see how Sprint is going to be able to bill me for this since I'm not a Sprint customer, rather I'm with verizon. If anyone thinks differently please let me know.

[pt]
Old 10-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
FYI - I spoke to someone internally at Sprint who supposedly knows...

its my understanding after a brief conversation with someone at Sprint that the "7000" error is similiar to a web 404 error in that the channel for whatever reason (proxy server, bandwidth, who knows) just cant be connected to. Give it a bit and try again.

The Sprint TV app is simply a proprietary media browser for their streaming content. Currently sprint customers will be billed based upon their channel subscriptions (if a CSR implied or told you otherwise that you would not be billed, they were mistaken). If you dont have any extra subscriptions then the base is included in the PowerVision. Since it is only a web stream over the Data connection Verizon users at some point may or may not be charged. Sprint appears to be aware of the issue and has said they will address it "down the road" (unsure what he meant by that as far as time) and that unauthorized users will be shutoff.

I personally have used it now on 2 devices a Mogul (various OEM and custom WM6 ROMs) and an Apache (custom WM5 and WM6 ROMs) with little or no issue other than the occasional channel not being available. Best "TV" i have yet to try
Old 10-26-2007, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache 6700, HTC Touch (Vogue), HTC TouchPro2

bilson is keeping up the good workbilson is keeping up the good work
Is it possible that certain areas or regions have or don't have that capabilities of Sprint TV. While in Minneapolis and St. Paul I had no problems with Sprint TV. I drove to St. Cloud about 60 miles away and all I got was 7000 errors. All cities had EVDO.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond/Victor

slightlyevolved is a n00b
I would like to confirm this. An error 7000 is a channel not found error. Same as 404 for HTTP. I've gotten that more than a few times since I've been using streaming back in the day when a Sanyo 8300 was a hot, brand new phone. It'll pop up, then it'll pass. I can't think that I've ever seen the error for more than an hour. If that.

Also, for those of you with VZW using this, I can't say for sure if you'll be charged or not, but FYI;

Although it says SprintTV, the service is actually provided by Mobi (as in, MobiTV). I'm not sure how deep the similararities between the systems are (although SprintTV almost duplicated the MobiTV channels perfectly), and as Mobi is independant of any carrier, it is possible that they could bill VZW for the service as a MobiTV service. They may not know the difference without Sprint being an intemediary.

I'm just taking a wild guess on the situation, so take that as you will. The error 7000 is not a guess though

BTW, showed it to our Sprint Rep at work. He made me install it on his MotoQ. Surprisingly, it worked, but we weren't able to get video.... we aren't EVDO though, so I think that may have something to do with it. I can't use it on my Apache without a WiFi connection or it buffers every few seconds.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyevolved View Post

Although it says SprintTV, the service is actually provided by Mobi (as in, MobiTV). I'm not sure how deep the similararities between the systems are (although SprintTV almost duplicated the MobiTV channels perfectly), and as Mobi is independant of any carrier, it is possible that they could bill VZW for the service as a MobiTV service. They may not know the difference without Sprint being an intemediary.

BTW, showed it to our Sprint Rep at work. He made me install it on his MotoQ. Surprisingly, it worked, but we weren't able to get video.... we aren't EVDO though, so I think that may have something to do with it. I can't use it on my Apache without a WiFi connection or it buffers every few seconds.
I don't see HOW they could charge VZW users, they do not have any info on us, it isn't like we filled out a form to download or anything, but the next bill will answe that for all of us...I used it a bit (but not too much just in case), and will report back with my first bill (in about a week)!!

As far as the wi-fi thing...I don't have the buffer problem on 90% of channels with my EVDO, so I think it is more based on the device/signal that wi-fi vs. other connections!!!!
I do agree, this is a great streaming program, I am loving playing with it !!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software