PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 02:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
This works on my XV6700, even let me subscribe for live TV. Watching Myth Busters now. They can't charge me I'm on VZW!
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 10-21-2007, 02:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

rijc99 is a n00b
Does anyone know if this will be a part of the 10/22/07 ROM update?
Old 10-21-2007, 02:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
I hope you guys aren't lying about the reps saying that we won't get charged since its not oficcialy rolled out. I just subscribed to the 7.95 one so I get Nockalodean and a few others. Im crossing my fingers.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:42 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNN View Post
I hope you guys aren't lying about the reps saying that we won't get charged since its not oficcialy rolled out. I just subscribed to the 7.95 one so I get Nockalodean and a few others. Im crossing my fingers.
I'm sorry to say I wouldn't trust what the Sprint reps say. They are (in)famous for giving the wrong info when they don't know about something or when something is new.

The app has an option that allows to check for your subscriptions, this leads me to believe it can access your account at some level and could end up charging/adding services to it.

I just say this from past experience with Sprint, I have no way to corroborate this at all, but keep in mind that if you do get charged and then complain by saying 'a rep told me I wouldn't be charged' they will probably send you flying off since you agreed to the price when you subscribed.

That's my 2 cents...

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-21-2007, 04:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
I'm sorry to say I wouldn't trust what the Sprint reps say. They are (in)famous for giving the wrong info when they don't know about something or when something is new.

The app has an option that allows to check for your subscriptions, this leads me to believe it can access your account at some level and could end up charging/adding services to it.

I just say this from past experience with Sprint, I have no way to corroborate this at all, but keep in mind that if you do get charged and then complain by saying 'a rep told me I wouldn't be charged' they will probably send you flying off since you agreed to the price when you subscribed.

That's my 2 cents...
I subscribed to one of the channels but nothing shows the price or anything, I doubt that they will charge for something that we dont even know how much will cost.
when you go buy a ringer or a game it warns that you will be charged a certain amount but not in sprinttv, good example to the guy who has verizon and he is using it.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:16 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Every time I clicked on a premium channel it prompted me accept a montlhy price for the subscription.

What channel did you subscribe for that had no price on it?
Old 10-21-2007, 04:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
The costs have been explained a couple of times in this deeeep thread :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlyduck View Post
I subscribed to one of the channels but nothing shows the price or anything, I doubt that they will charge for something that we dont even know how much will cost.
when you go buy a ringer or a game it warns that you will be charged a certain amount but not in sprinttv, good example to the guy who has verizon and he is using it.
They have 2 packages:

$7.95 for the Sprint Custom channels like cartoon network
$9.95 subscribes you to Sprint Live TV which is a mish mash of live tv and custom mobile versions.

Once you accept the initial subscription the channel doesnt seem to prompt you again.

I posted the info from the web quite a few posts ago. I too had a conversation with a CSR and what i can say is this is definately some sort of a "Beta", when tech support heard i had this on my 24hour old mogul they wanted to know where i got it at.

Its fairly safe to say that billing may be delayed on this due to how the billing works. Either way i am going to upgrade to PVUltra since its only $10+ and you pay almost $18 just for all the TV Channels.

lastly, FYI - use the D-Pad L+R to change volume. Cant tell you how long it took me to figure out how to turn the volume up from within the app!

Last edited by canospinach; 10-21-2007 at 04:28 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

lawsofpower48 is just getting started
does anyone know why it isnt working for my ppc6700? i installed it the first time to my storage card and it didnt work..then i tried my main memory and it still didnt work? ...it loads up...but after it finishes loading the program shuts off itself...any ideas??? thanks in advanced
Old 10-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff
This works great on my PPC-6700!!

No problem installing it after taking the .zip off the name, did a soft rest and now I am watching the NFL Channel!
Old 10-21-2007, 10:24 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Very cool thanks for posting
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.

Last edited by Big D5; 10-21-2007 at 11:27 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software