PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 09:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: skyfire 1.5 Is Out Now!!! (12/9/09)

I can't believe anybody uses this POS for anything other than flash.

It pans so slowly it drives me crazy & no word wrap??

~John
Old 04-29-2010, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I can't believe anybody uses this POS for anything other than flash.

It pans so slowly it drives me crazy & no word wrap??

~John
Man finally someone who agrees with me. I am always confused when I read glowing reviews of skyfire and wonder if maybe I got the wrong version or somthing. I have even stopped using it for flash and gone back with PIE, just so I dont have to install it.

Favorite skyfire feature: waiting 5 minutes for bookmarks to showup since they are stored on their (laggy) server.
Programs: PocketIRC, Total Commander, Sprint Arcsoft MMS, Mocha FTP, GCzII, Groovemobile, Dotfred Taskmgr, Resco Radio, Kbd Controller, Explorer ext., Opera Mobile, Opera Mini 5, Skyfire, Bing, Azgard Tower defense, Palm Heros
Old 06-11-2010, 02:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

leaddog is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Anyone know a fix for Cannot Receive Audio Error. It is giving me a incompatible network (APN) setting. TCP connentions with SSL (port 443) UDP traffic (for audio). Is there a settings fix for Sprint?
I am getting the same message with a TP2 on Sprint with WM 6.5. I even cannot get the sound to work with any brower (IE or Opera). When I launch a video on cnn.com, I see the picture but no sound. This is frustrating. Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:10 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Anyone know a fix for Cannot Receive Audio Error. It is giving me a incompatible network (APN) setting. TCP connentions with SSL (port 443) UDP traffic (for audio). Is there a settings fix for Sprint?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpp2109 View Post
I'm having the same problem on a TP2 with Verizon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaddog View Post
I am getting the same message with a TP2 on Sprint with WM 6.5. I even cannot get the sound to work with any brower (IE or Opera). When I launch a video on cnn.com, I see the picture but no sound. This is frustrating. Any help is appreciated.
thought this had been answered and addressed in roms, but apparently not. and since this thread is the 2nd goog result i'll share the answer from the first result (official skyfire forum)
Quote:
The problem with the audio on the Touch Pro 2 can be fixed by changing the way the phone is receiving and sending data. Apparently the Touch Pro 2 is defaulted to compress the data it sends and receives. The instructions to change this setting for Sprint are below. It may be the same for other carriers. I hope this helps!

To fix the audio error on the Touch Pro 2 you will need to select Settings and then select Comm Manager. You will then need to select the Data Connection option at the bottom. You should then chose the Advanced option and then Select Networks. This should take you to the Network Management page where you will see two drop down boxes. The top box should have the name of your cellular service provider. Mine says Sprint. You should choose Edit under the first box. This should take you to the modem for your cellular connection. Chose Edit then Next and Next again. You should now be on the network login page and Advanced should be at the bottom. Choose Advanced and you are now in the TCP/IP setting. You now need to uncheck Use Software Compression and Use IP Header Compression. Click OK at the top right hand corner of the page and then Finish. The phone will then ask if you want to save the setting and you need to choose yes. Now restart your phone and the audio should be fixed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software