PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Wildfire(work phone)
Carrier: Sprint/Bluegrass Cellular

juicy_juice is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disable Physical Keyboard on Sprint Touch Pro

I am wanting a cab or a registry file that will disable the physical keyboard so that it no longer works. I am trying to get my phone replaced and I have the keyboard go out before but now it wont do it again which would be great but I am ready to move on. I want the file so I can take it to the sprint store and get a Hero(which I can, it's on the list now! ). So I am trying to make it appear like this TP has the same issue as 99.9% other touch pros and my previous 2 other TP's. To clarify: I want to disable the PHYSICAL keyboard not the software keyboard.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Re: Disable Physical Keyboard on Sprint Touch Pro

I didn't put this under "cab style registry edits" because he requires the registry changes to be provided and he converts to a cab. This is different because I dont know the files to change.

Last edited by juicy_juice; 11-24-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Correcting Statement
Old 11-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Do we have a conscious, a sense or morality?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
Do we have a conscious, a sense or morality?
I'm not scamming sprint. The keyboard really is f'd. It stops working for 5-6hours at a time but starts working randomly. I took it to Sprint store last night and it wasn't working before I got there but she pressed all the keys like a thousand times and then the phone went crazy and typed like 300 characters and started working. It did this to me a few weeks back and then it spazzed out and started working. I am just trying to have it not work so they can see it not work. Thats all.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Please close/delete thread...I am going to post it elsewhere to get more attention.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

Hklm-hardware-devicemap-keybd modify Driver Name add any letter, This will make all button's not work.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Hero/Evo4G

Stealth86 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
Hklm-hardware-devicemap-keybd modify Driver Name add any letter, This will make all button's not work.
This method will not work, the keyboard is more than a driver.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

stop trying to scam sprint. people like you are the reason why i have to drive to the store to get my phone replaced instead of over the phone. you abuse the system AND are stealing. i sencirly hope you end up being caught.
edit: ur lucky my hardware kb is broken or i would write such a rant
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.

Last edited by MordyT; 11-30-2009 at 12:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:19 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

stop trying to scam sprint. people like you are the reason why i have to drive to the store to get my phone replaced instead of over the phone. you abuse the system AND are stealing. i sencirly hope you end up being caught.
+1 to this

They will not give u a hero. Maybe a tp2 and if u want to disable the kb drop it n the toilet and flush.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post

+2 on this - this is the reason Sprint made their deductible from $50 to $100 on smartphones is because of scamming like this... too many people doing it, making Sprint lose money so they charge the customers more to make up for it.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Tags
disable, key board, keyboard, touch pro, tp