PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Had 800w Switched to Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

SprintTechSupport is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Improving Network Utilization

Hi, sorry if there is a more appropriate thread for this but i couldn't find one. Maybe this could be resolved with a registry tweak. I am using a Q9c (Sprint) because my other phone broke. I have been wondering if there was a way to increase the network utilization on the network using phone as modem. My current download speed ranges from 0.3-1.5Mbps. I think my upload is actually in the negative My other phone (Mogul) had pretty much the same numbers. I am in big metropolitan area so there are towers all over. I have looked at coverage map.

In the Task Manager in Windows there is a networking tab that has a graph which has the network utilization in a %age. At this point, I am never getting above 10% and usually average 3-4% while downloading. There has to be a way to increase the network utilization.

Thanks for your input

Here is a recent speed test:

Old 11-03-2009, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Had 800w Switched to Mogul
Threadstarter

SprintTechSupport is a n00b
Re: Improving Network Utilization

Something else i noticed, why is my recommended server in Wichita, I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida?

Any input?
Old 11-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Look at this thread regarding changing Home Agent setting. Changing to the Atlanta Home Agent (Area 7) should pick up your speeds some.

I was also routed through the midwest (I do some traveling to the west coast) and making this change picked up some speed and lowered the ping (latency).
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Look at this thread regarding changing Home Agent setting. Changing to the Atlanta Home Agent (Area 7) should pick up your speeds some.

I was also routed through the midwest (I do some traveling to the west coast) and making this change picked up some speed and lowered the ping (latency).
Lol, well since you didnt link it... I will :-p
http://www.evdoforums.com/thread2001.html

You dont need to use the sprint config program... just dial ##PST# (PST = 77... Click Edit, type your 6digit MSL, Click View Info > Default Profle. And change the Primary and Secondary HA Address to the ATL HA (Area 7 as he stated) I live in MIA, Fl... I also use the Area 7 but if you have time, check out the other ones too...
Your welcome
Old 11-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'm going to start typing this like THIS....
Old 12-16-2009, 09:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilde88 View Post
Lol, well since you didnt link it... I will :-p
http://www.evdoforums.com/thread2001.html

You dont need to use the sprint config program... just dial ##PST# (PST = 77... Click Edit, type your 6digit MSL, Click View Info > Default Profle. And change the Primary and Secondary HA Address to the ATL HA (Area 7 as he stated) I live in MIA, Fl... I also use the Area 7 but if you have time, check out the other ones too...
I changed my HA Settings from the crap Sprint had on there as default to N.Y., because I am in Bridgeport, CT like it should be, and the Skyfire Browser is blazingly fast...I think Sprint sets the HA to the default of the region the Device is manufactured in, because after all the have to test the Device. Maybe it's me but that makes sense to me...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Tags
bandwidth, download, downloading, network, speed