PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC6800
Carrier: Sprint

bingcrosby is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus View Post
Anyone else have the EVDO connection stop after using these? I see every once an a while that my data connection arrows are white and programs will not connect (WP, PIE, etc). Tried using the Comm Manager to disconnect, to no avail. Only fix is a soft reset.

Anyone else?
no problems here, i use evdo all day long.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Funny thing...as soon as I posted that, I haven't had any problems...go figure...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 09-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 850e' / HTC Touch Pro 2 / Sprint Evo 4G !

Sprints700wx is just getting started
well tryed this and lets see if it really werks
Old 10-01-2007, 11:25 PM
N00b

MogulUser2 is a n00b
hello, first timer here. i have the mogul 6800. I was wondering about the battery tweaks. ive installed the .70 reg editor on the phone and not quite sure what to do. does the tweaks listed in this thread work on the mogul? if not, where can i find the battery tweaks and other mogul tweaks?
Old 10-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus View Post
Anyone else have the EVDO connection stop after using these? I see every once an a while that my data connection arrows are white and programs will not connect (WP, PIE, etc). Tried using the Comm Manager to disconnect, to no avail. Only fix is a soft reset.

Anyone else?
I think the problems with the tweaks only happen if you are out of range of a cell tower for an extened period... I notice I always had the problem you are describing after riding the subway... Saved power, but very annoying... I ended up changing it back...
Old 10-08-2007, 10:01 PM
N00b

MogulUser2 is a n00b
i orginally asked before, never got an answer........ARE THESE BATTERY TWEAKS FOR THE MOGUL 6800? i put them on and have no difference. ive been reading all other posts on here, some people say they go 24hrs with 70percent left or so, others even better--i drop from 100 to 60 in 3 hours and thats just the phone sitting still!! theres a full charge at 8am, by 11am its down to 60, by 4pm its at 30 percent with little usage, and i have to put it on the car charger. i charge it long enough to reach 80%, then with only one phone call, a few emails sent, its down to 40%. wtf? are all pda's this way?
maybe these tweeks arnt for mogul?

Last edited by MogulUser2; 10-08-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:46 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
They ARE for Mogul... if you're getting that poor battery life, call Sprint and make them replace the battery under warranty.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:24 AM
N00b

MogulUser2 is a n00b
yea remnant, I did that already. I went to store where I got it and they gave me brand new battery and theres no difference. im on phone now adding this reply and when I opened up browser to get on here phone was at 90 perc....now its at 70 and I've just been on here. this is really terrible. I might swap this for the new razor 2 because the batt in that lasts all day with heavy usage---my girlfriend has it, talks all day, and still has a full charge by evening. sure it can't do what this does, but oh well. I think this type of phone is meant for office type people who are inside all day and constantly have phone plugged in. im not going to be tied to a car charger all day, shouldn't have to. this is however my first pda phone and if this is how all pda's are, then screw that---might as well get a laptop.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Can you tell us more on your set up and how you entered the registry entries? Are you using push email? Are you streaming media? This might help us find out why this is happening. I am using these on my Mogul and have had great battery life.

Also, almost all PDA phones have lower battery life that that or a "normal" cell phone.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:19 AM
N00b

MogulUser2 is a n00b
as far as registry entries, I did the battery hack and that's about it. push email? do you mean the envelope button on the top left on the phone? I push that and my messaging center opens and I choose which email or text message acct to use. I don't what or how to check other items...I have no running programs either. the send beam icon is unchecked if that means anyhing. phone now at 50 perc and that's since my previous post
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks