PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 01:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tilt 2
Carrier: att

potna is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Associate Opera Mobile with .url Favorites

i'm gonna use my very first post to thank you and let ya know this worked for me.

on a tilt 2 energy custom rom with opera 9.7 and spb mobile shell 3.53.

for what ever reason i just noticed that all my opera created shortcuts were grouped in with a handfull of my non sense ie short cuts and in the past this didnt work at all in spb, but now that i see that my short cuts alteast exist i can use this to have opera open them instead of dumb i, and this worked well.

i must say that when i clciked on the reg file it opened my task manger and didnt say anything about importing the reg file. i tried this multiple times. in fact i gave up and was going to use my reg editer and your instructions to do this manualy, upon browsing to the reg key i found that it apparently did import the reg change, infact i didnt even have to reset to have this work.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC Rules
Carrier: Hokidoki

lolliestock is a n00b

It just works fine for me!

THANKS!~
Old 10-19-2010, 04:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: They all suck.

lewowpard is a n00b
The other way to do this is by using Total Commander, tap and hold the .url file, choose Properties -> Associate. The drawback of this method is of course you need the 3rd party ware.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Blackjack i617
Carrier: AT&T

gahbmwm5 is a n00b

Just found this @Xda-Develpers, but have not tried it yet...Just got a cooked 6.5 ROM with built-in Opera Mobile 10....which looks very promising...

Alternative solution + solution for opera 10
Im using a touch diamond runing wm 6.5.3 with opera moobile 9.7 and at first it seemed not working, althought it created the opera6.adr file on the opera9 folder under windows, but then i realised that my actual opera6.adr file used by opera is located under the opera9\profiles folder, so i moved the created opera6.adr file to there, overiting the original file and...poooof! IT WORKED!

its not such an automated solution but might work for thosee having isues like i did...and if im not wrong, this also works for opera 10 if you follow this method:

-create an opera9 folder under \windoows
-run ImportIEFav.exe
-copy the created opera6.adr file located under \windows\opera9 to your opera installation folder under the profiles subfolder. ex: if your opera is installed under \storage card\opera, copy the \windows\opera9\opera6.adr file to \storage card\opera\profiles.
-delete the opera9 folder that you created earllier on \windows
-you're done! open opera and if all went good, all your mobile ie bookmarks shall now appear on opera.

Import IE Mobile Favorites to Opera (TouchHD/Touch Pro) - Page 3 - xda-developers
3.5G/HSDPA/UMTS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks