PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Waldo120

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Can't get WM6 on my xv6700

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671

I've followed the instructions in the above link once before years ago with another xv6700 and it went flawlessly from a 32-bit XP machine. Now I'm trying it from a 64-bit win 7 machine and to a different device, but same model and carrier. I connect and start the program, which identifies my current radio firmware ect. (is it normal to only show the first firmware item is being updated and the other two are blank?), then I tell it to install the firmware and my device reboots and gets stuck in bootloader mode and the program doesn't install the firmware. I have to run the below instructions I found elsewhere to unstick it, but I can't seem to get this to install.

Any idea what's going wrong? Do I have to do this from a 32-bit machine? What about win 7?

For some reason this phone seems to loose the backlight most of the time when plugged into a usb port (power or data) and when in bootloader mode I can hardly see the text and have to tilt it to see. I have bootloader 1.04.

I also tried installing PCCkitchen and it didn't seem to like my 64-bit OS when it came time to update it with all the standard ROM's.

I remember when I did this previously I had to put it in bootloader first. Is this a new feature of the program, to automaticaly reboot in bootloader mode?

For thoose who stuck in bootloader this is how to unstuck:
1. Get Mtty here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/28321691/mtty1.42.zip.html
2. Right Click Activesync icon in tray, and select connection setting, then un-mark Allow USB connections at Activesync Connection settings.
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/...activesync.PNG
3. Extract the zip file and Run mtty.exe and select USB from the Port dropdows list and then click OK button.
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/...ectusbport.PNG
4. press Enter two times for showin USB>
5. Type:
set 14 0
[ENTER]
task 8
[ENTER]
(for soft-reset).
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/...bootloader.PNG
6. Ur device should reset and u might close mtty utility.
7. Done.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

craywm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can't get WM6 on my xv6700

hey! i recently have been having the same problem with a apache xv6700 that i picked up on ebay. after a ton of research i got a bit of information. i have not yet been able to flash wm6 to my xv6700 because i have bootloader v2.05. Its most likely your bootloader version thats the problem. im not sure about the win 7. i am running that too only in 32b but have also had problems with my v2.05 bootloader. can you recall what version bootloader your previous xv6700 was? and your current one that you are having trouble with?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Lurker

craywm is a n00b

okay so i i just read the rest of your post ( sorry for not doing so before) win 7 could be a problem.. im not sure. But Helmi_c wm6 flashing doesnt work with bootloaders v1.0x (x being any number after 2) and v2.0x (x being any number after 2) i have had the same problem with mine. you can either downgrade your bootloader or use a kitchen to flash it over. I have had trouble finding any info on downgrading bootloaders.. if you find any please notify me. And for some reason i can get the kitchen to work either(fml). I hope this info help. I am still searching for some good info and i advise you to do same. ill post back here if i find any good stuff. please notify me if you find anymore info as well!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Lurker

craywm is a n00b

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=502418

thats a link to a WM6.1 Rev 1.04 (1.04 being your bootloader) you may have to subscribe to download. but all these forums use the same system so just use the same username and password for your info. Hope it helps you out!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:33 AM
Waldo120

Awsome, I downloaded "Bootloader 1.04 http://rapidshare.com/files/225728280/21202_apache.rar" which sounds like is WM6.5. However ...

On every machine it's reboot in bootloader fine, but gets stuck there. I have to use Mtty to get it out.

I've got a 64-bit win 7, 32-bit win 7, and even tried using windows xp mode.

Maybe I need to try on a 32-bit XP host. I'll try that tommorow at work or a friend or something.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:34 AM
Waldo120

And why does this godforsaken forum keep logging me out before I post my stuff and I loose it. I spend time making sure to type everything clearly and it kills everything I worked on.

grrrrrrr
Old 05-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Waldo120

I did this on a windows xp 32-bit machine and it worked flawlessly.

I guess windows 7 just plain doesn't work with this.

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Waldo120

Note: Even though the download says WM 6.5 it only upgraded to 6.1. But hey, I've got something other then 5, so great.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There are WM6.5 roms floating about for the xv6700.

I have 3 6700's as old phones and they are all on wm6.5. They are currently being used and security cameras at home with the help of tinyCam.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 05-16-2010, 02:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6700
Carrier: cricket

alexus316 is a n00b

i have a win 7 laptop and a win xp laptop i had to use the xp to flash my rom but if you need a custom rom fast you can message me
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks