PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

IronRed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do I create a .lnk file?

I've created a dog racing game in VS2005. I just ported it to my phone. It took me a day, but I figured out how to create the .cab file. Now I have my game on my phone, but I don't:
A: know how to select the folder in VS2005 that I really want it to go to. So I explode the .cab file on the phone and then just move the exe to the folding I want it in.

B. I want a link and icon to appear in the games folder. It looks like I need to put the .lnk file in the windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games folder. Which isn't a big deal, but how do I create the .lnk file to begin with?

I searched and didn't find. If it's already been answered, a kindly link would be appreciated. I'll give my .cab file to anyone who is interested.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
IronRed,
You just need to make a shortcut. The details depend on your file manager, but it typically involves selecting the executable, then copy (or copy as shortcut), navigating to the target folder (i.e. your games folder), then paste-shortcut (or paste). I think the native WM6 file explorer is like the WM5 one; just copy the .exe file using file explorer, navigate to the target folder, click and hold -> select paste as shortcut (IIRC).
Old 12-06-2007, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

IronRed is just getting started
Thanks! If you or anyone is interested in the game, just PM me. It basically is a game with 8 dogs. You have the odds before each race and you can wager. It's pretty fun. The full version on windows is better. The animated gifs and multiple players are allowed.

Thanks again!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development