PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 05:35 PM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Web OS1.2 slated to be released tomorrow.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...-september-24/

Palm's App Catalog getting paid apps on September 24?

by Chris Ziegler posted Sep 18th 2009 at 1:44PM
Digital Daily's stumbled across a leaked document apparently addressed to webOS devs that shows a timeline for bringing paid apps to the webOS App Catalog, and one date in particular stands out: September 24 for go-live. The infrastructure's been in beta for a while now, giving everyone some time to get up to speed on the process and iron out the bugs, but for end users, the launch will likely happen in concert with the webOS 1.2 update we've been expecting this month and a redesigned Catalog app designed to support payments. Now, how long before we've got a bazillion-dollar I Am Rich app in there?

Last edited by afx; 09-23-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Web OS1.2 should be released by next Thursday

I'm keepin' my fingers crossed until next week!

late,
Coz
Old 09-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

I think this time its for real. I just want the update. The apps aren't my primary focus. I want the phone to do the things it should of out of the box
Old 09-19-2009, 01:38 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjday7 View Post
I think this time its for real. I just want the update. The apps aren't my primary focus. I want the phone to do the things it should of out of the box
What is in the update that the phone should have done out of the box?

I havent read up on the update yet so forgive if this is a dumb question.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx View Post
What is in the update that the phone should have done out of the box?

I havent read up on the update yet so forgive if this is a dumb question.
the biggest things i'm looking forward to is being able to download/view items from within the web browser and expanded copy/paste functions. like they jj said, things it should've been doing from day one if Palm had actually been paying attention to the competition
Old 09-19-2009, 02:08 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjday7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
the biggest things i'm looking forward to is being able to download/view items from within the web browser and expanded copy/paste functions. like they jj said, things it should've been doing from day one if Palm had actually been paying attention to the competition
ohh I heard about that.

Personally I think Ill use that all of 3 times
Old 09-19-2009, 02:11 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx View Post
ohh I heard about that.

Personally I think Ill use that all of 3 times
and that's kind of what it comes down to about people jumping ship. yeah against WinMo webOS is missing some things. for some people it doesnt matter such as yourself, you don't care about extensive copy/paste and/or web browser saving/downloading. I on the other hand used it almost every day when i had my touch pro and it'd be nice to have it on the pre as well
Old 09-19-2009, 07:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

It you spend some time over at PreCentral, you get a much different picture about what people want. And the things your mentioning don't get mentioned over there. Video recording seems to get mentioned over and over, but that's another feature that I used all of once on Touch Pro. You can download with the web browser with a tweak. Viva la homebrew!
Old 09-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

yes viva la homebrew
and i do spend time over @ precentral tinkering with things and its great that we can but like i said, quite a few of this should have been included in WebOS from the start
Old 09-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Im excited about 1.2 because of the various speed improvements, and a lagless dialer app. It should be a pretty good update. Another thing i would like that i haven't seen mentioned, is when you do a back swipe, it takes like 2 seconds to do the action. I would like a little quicker gesture response, but that may be included in the various speed improvements.

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS