PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 10:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Weather Icons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMoore View Post
Storyr,
I've been playing with some of the themes you uploaded and they look great, but I'm having one issue. If I switch to Theme: PhatPhingerQVGA and select Stardock Aminated Icons, I loose the Big 'Today' icon in the background and it just shows the test (Partly Cloudy, Sunny, etc). The same thing happens if I use the Ultima Icons. Am I doing something wrong? In your examples above, they all show the large 'Today' background.
Ultimata icons definatley won't work with PhatPhinger. I checked the Stardock download and it definately has Huge icons in it (I use them everyday with no issues) The only thing I can think of is an "installation malfuction" of some sort.

Also, make sure you're using PhatPhinger II or III...
Old 09-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

nice work (as usual).

Are animated icons noted as such by including "animated" in the file name?
Old 09-13-2008, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
nice work (as usual).

Are animated icons noted as such by including "animated" in the file name?
Correct. Stardock is the only animated set in this group...
Old 09-14-2008, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Update 9/14/2008: Added VGA icon sets...
Old 09-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

chocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to chocmatic Send a message via MSN to chocmatic Send a message via Yahoo to chocmatic

Anywhere we can get diamond icons for 800w theme?
Old 09-29-2008, 07:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Re: Weather Icons! -> VGA

hey, my animated icons aren't animating? any ideas? vga
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
Old 09-29-2008, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
hey, my animated icons aren't animating? any ideas? vga
VGA?!? What the?

(I'll check them out this evening)
Old 09-29-2008, 09:45 PM
VIP Member

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
VGA?!? What the?

(I'll check them out this evening)
thanks for looking storyr. if it helps I what to explain what I've done. I got the phat phinger 2 theme in my marsware/themes folder. then i got the stardock vga icon pack in the marsware/icon folder.
with the old qvga version i had a stardock icon set that was in a cab. the cab installed the icons in a weather panel folder and not the marsware folder. i dont know if this makes a difference, but.....

anyhow, i must say that i have been away from weather panel and windows mobile for quite a while. took a trip with blackberry. it has been a while, but i do still think i understand where to put this stuff.

great job with weather panel agian storyr. martin (where ever he is) would be proud of you. lol

thanks, cody
Old 09-29-2008, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
thanks for looking storyr. if it helps I what to explain what I've done. I got the phat phinger 2 theme in my marsware/themes folder. then i got the stardock vga icon pack in the marsware/icon folder.
with the old qvga version i had a stardock icon set that was in a cab. the cab installed the icons in a weather panel folder and not the marsware folder. i dont know if this makes a difference, but.....
The largest animated Stardock icon is 64x64 - which, in VGA, is the normal size. If you're running PhatPhinger on a QVGA device, you'd be better off using the QVGA icons. Still, the huge ( 128x128 ) isn't animated.

I've got some animation software - I guess I could try doubling the size and see what the quality is like (usually not very good)...

Good to hear from you again Cody!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:42 AM
VIP Member

ok, i think i figured it out....

in the qvga stardock animated icon set, we see icons 1-47 animated. all 47 icons have a .wpa file extention.

in the vga startdock animated icon set, we see only icons 1, 3, 5-16, 23, 25, 37, 43, and 45-47 that animate with the .wpa file extention. that is only 21 icons that will animate. infact, i dont see a #2, #4, #17, #18, #24, #33, #35, #38-#42 icons anywhere in the vga set.

what was happening to me was i was set to see the #32 icon (nice sunny day icon) and since there is only the png in the icon set it didn't animate. later in the wee i show the #30 icon which i know was animated before (partly cloudy) an it wasn't animated either.

so i guess i have everything installed right. it just looks like the vga set is half way animated. anyhow, thanks storyr for you work. it still the best we got.

BTW, i am using the htc diamond which is vga. lol. i may be stupid, but i'm not that stupid.

Cody

attached is a set of the qvga stardock animated icons that i use to use, i dont know where i got them but they are definatly different than the vga set. the two look nothing alike. they came in a cab, but i have them ziped up for ya.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Animated Weather.zip (956.0 KB, 298 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes