PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Toggle Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
Perhaps, but that's not what I'm looking for. I have no desire to slide open the keyboard and press things. I just want a quick icon that I can tap (say, from my Start menu or the Programs tab) to toggle Wi-Fi, just as chas123's little utility does for Bluetooth.
Try this. Let me know if the icon comes out alright.

Edit: see post #14

Last edited by chas123; 02-01-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas123 View Post
Try this. Let me know if the icon comes out alright.
The icon's gorgeous. Clicking it results in an error message (no certificate or missing component).
Old 02-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
The icon's gorgeous. Clicking it results in an error message (no certificate or missing component).
I got lazy. I should have tested it first lol. I'll have it fixed in a minute
Old 02-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

This one works for me. Uninstall the other one first, and keep in mind this will only work properly when you are not synced up to a PC.
Attached Files
File Type: cab CMH Toggle WiFi.cab (6.7 KB, 168 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
This one works for me. Uninstall the other one first, and keep in mind this will only work properly when you are not synced up to a PC.
Perfect!

Thanks a lot.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

keystone is a n00b

Quote:
Perhaps, but that's not what I'm looking for. I have no desire to slide open the keyboard and press things. I just want a quick icon that I can tap (say, from my Start menu or the Programs tab) to toggle Wi-Fi, just as chas123's little utility does for Bluetooth.
In my previous post I only added a few examples of the ability to ALSO remap the sliding keyboard keys.

It may be exactly what you are looking for as you have four EXTREMELY accessible FRONT hardware keys. Simply map a long button press to one (the back button for me) to toggle the bluetooth on or off.

...a front button = less steps than searching for an icon through screens of your phone. It'll mean that you may toggle the bluetooth from within whatever app you are running. Assigning a long button press to the front HOME or BACK keys will not alter a thing from stock settings, as per default they have no long holding assignments.

Last edited by keystone; 02-02-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystone View Post
It may be exactly what you are looking for
I'm glad you know what I want and need better than I do.

Look, it's fine that you're enthusiastic about remapping keys, but I'm setting up a phone for someone (my wife) who's never going to remember key mappings. She needs an icon that says exactly what it does. For example, she kept putting her phone in airplane mode by forgetting that the long end key was mapped to that. Only by setting it to ask what she wanted each time she did a long press did that stop.

For my own purposes, it's handy to have those links sitting on my start menu and in my Programs tab as that's quicker than going through Settings or the Comm Manager. I'm not really interested in remapping keys at this point, whether they're on the keyboard or the face of the device.

Thanks, though.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

keystone is a n00b

Quote:
I'm glad you know what I want and need better than I do.
No call for snarkiness to me upon your error.

Blah.....I was quite concise when corrected you for what "MAY" work for you. Polite and non-absolutist language. I only offered friendly suggestions to CORRECT your misinterpretation that my original advise required opening up the keyboard.

...it may not work for you, but others reading this thread may have found the simple mapping of unused front of the device keys to be the best solution to toggle or activate regularly used functions/apps.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Toggle Bluetooth / Toggle WiFi

lets just be nice to each other...considering that this is a very helpful thread to many. I have tried and used ALL methods mentioned in the thread...and they all have their merits.

I have mapped my BT toggle and WiFi toggle to double clicks on my front keys (windows and the back key) and have worked very well.

I also had the BT toggle installed for quick links (using manila 2.5) that works well too...I know its redundant...but I had actually found situations where each is better served.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: vodafone uk

osrix25 is keeping up the good workosrix25 is keeping up the good work
Re: Toggle Bluetooth / Toggle WiFi

Quote:
I was looking around for this and couldn't find it so I made a cab. The exe is stripped from something else so the shortcut points to a shell dll for the Icon. Let me know if it doesn't show up right in the start menu. It did in mine.

EDIT: See post #14 for WiFi toggle
Perfect! exactly what i was looking for thanks very much chas

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Tags
toggle bluetooth