PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   OverClock for TP2 ~ 9/6/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~ MAXX Battery Tweak (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129661)

japper88 08-06-2010 01:51 PM

Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/4/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1901626)
v4.2 of OC_Auto is posted.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=175

all it does is adds STOCKSPEED (528mhz) as a SAFE MODE speed option.
for those of you trying to run Android, this should allow you to get into windows at stock speed, and then run haret (cant test as i dont run it)

Is that the only difference between 4.1 and 4.2?

bteljuice 08-06-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1901626)
v4.2 of OC_Auto is posted.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=175

all it does is adds STOCKSPEED (528mhz) as a SAFE MODE speed option.
for those of you trying to run Android, this should allow you to get into windows at stock speed, and then run haret (cant test as i dont run it)

Thank you Nayr for the update

matchstickredgti 08-06-2010 02:44 PM

Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/6/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Have the two files on the SD card and the shortcut for OCauto4 in the \Windows\Startup folder.

I go to the OCauto_gui file to enable safe made, select stockspeed and 50000ms, but then it proceeds to go on to ask me to select CPU speed, throttle speed, and poll speed again and prompts for a restart. It doesn't ever seem to go to stock speed.

japper88 08-06-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangomango (Post 1901735)
Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Have the two files on the SD card and the shortcut for OCauto4 in the \Windows\Startup folder.

I go to the OCauto_gui file to enable safe made, select stockspeed and 50000ms, but then it proceeds to go on to ask me to select CPU speed, throttle speed, and poll speed again and prompts for a restart. It doesn't ever seem to go to stock speed.

I read some where you can't get stock speed because the msm7kcpuspeed doesn't support it yet?

matchstickredgti 08-06-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1901797)
I read some where you can't get stock speed because the msm7kcpuspeed doesn't support it yet?

Doesn't support 528? If I boot without storage card and let it come up to Sense, I check the msm7kcpuspeed and it shows 528. Can you clarify what you mean that it doesn't support it? thanks

japper88 08-06-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangomango (Post 1901801)
Doesn't support 528? If I boot without storage card and let it come up to Sense, I check the msm7kcpuspeed and it shows 528. Can you clarify what you mean that it doesn't support it? thanks

I am not sure, I read it over at XDA, it has to do with the script in that program, because each increment value (e.g. 31 = 604mhz, etc.) is a certain mhz%.

Thanks Nayr!
FYI 4.2gui seems to work for me without having to do any funky "/boot" thingy. Now I got this bad boy running around 748mhz!

JokeZony0u 08-06-2010 05:27 PM

so this is working on battery now?

japper88 08-06-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokeZony0u (Post 1902011)
so this is working on battery now?

HECK YEA! I've been running 748mhz unplugged since lunch! 0 SOD incidents (even made a few phone calls)!

nayr1482 08-06-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangomango (Post 1901801)

japer88 is correct. Netrippers App can READ any speed (which is why it will read 528 when you first boot if you are not OC'ed), but the dll he built does not contain 528 as a speed. That is why we are able to set it up to BOOT at 528, but once you are OC'ed you cant get back to 528 without a reset.

Typically it is 19.2 * integer = mhz
So...528/19.2 = 27.5 which is not an integer ;-)

At least...right now =)

nayr1482 08-06-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1901645)
Is that the only difference between 4.1 and 4.2?

yes sir - also added some more options for SAFE_MODE_DURATION

nayr1482 08-06-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangomango (Post 1901735)

OK...so here is a run down of what each of the screens do in the GUI

1) Would you like Safe Mode Enabled? (Yes go to 2, No go to 5)
2) Select New Safe Mode Speed, this is the speed your phone will boot at if Safe Mode is Enabled
3) Select New Safe Mode Duration, this is how long your phone will remain at Safe Mode Speed once booted
4) Review of Safe Mode Selections - Apply these Settings? (Yes, saves your new selections, No exits the program without saving)

5) Select New Speed, this is the Speed your CPU will be set to run at (the overclocked speed) during normal operation
6) Select New Throttle Speed, this is the speed your CPU will be set to run while the Backlight is OFF, while you are on a phone call, or while the Lockscreen is on. Recommend using 604mhz as Netripper dubbed this the "safe speed"
7) Select New Poll Interval, this is how long between checks (checking if your backlight is OFF, if you are on the phone, or if your lockscreen is on). The lower the number the more often it checks - but the more CPU you consume. I recommend 1000 or 1200 (i have never had an SOD with these values)
8 ) Review of CPU Selections - Apply these Settings? (Yes, saves your new selections and restarts your phone, No exits the program without saving)

As always...
1) Need Netripper's v2 OC application installed in the DEFAULT location (on device)
2) Need MortScript installed
3) Place files from OC_Auto zip in the root of your storage card
4) Create shortcut to OC_Auto.mscr in your /windows/startup folder
5) *Optional, if you want the GUI to show up in your programs list create a shortcut to OC_Auto_GUI.mscr in your /windows/start menu folder
6) Run the GUI, pick your settings.

Recursion 08-06-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1902072)
OK...so here is a run down of what each of the screens do in the GUI

Thanks for the nice write-up...

matchstickredgti 08-06-2010 06:40 PM

Thanks for the write up. Another question, does the safe made duration start as soon as the phone is booted? (in my case, when it shows the black screen with the touch pro 2 white lettering)

nayr1482 08-06-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangomango (Post 1902097)
Thanks for the write up. Another question, does the safe made duration start as soon as the phone is booted? (in my case, when it shows the black screen with the touch pro 2 white lettering)

Not really sure - but from my observations it seems like it starts when you get the black/grey screen in the background (then after it a bit it says Launching Sense at the top).

I am working on cabbing up OC_Auto so that it is easier for everyone to install. Will include a readme.txt with all the info i can...

kern417 08-06-2010 07:24 PM

running at 768 with no problems (:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...r/Screen08.png

is there anyone that has been able to run at the 787 setting? also what problems did people get that are running lower than 768 and how long did it take for you to notice them? I'd rather troubleshoot now for issues and lower the clock speed then find out that when i really need an incompatible app i have to go thru the process of lowering it

Edit: looks like i saw someone runnin in the 800+ range but i dont think i want to try that yet. I still want to see the effect on battery life after a day or 2.

Only issue i saw was i could not boot Android from the Gen.Y DualBoot shortcut but i can from the bootup screen so that is satisactory for now. I can make calls and everything without freezing so i suppose i'm A-OK?

matchstickredgti 08-06-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kern417 (Post 1902161)
running at 768 with no problems (:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...r/Screen08.png

is there anyone that has been able to run at the 787 setting? also what problems did people get that are running lower than 768 and how long did it take for you to notice them? I'd rather troubleshoot now for issues and lower the clock speed then find out that when i really need an incompatible app i have to go thru the process of lowering it

Edit: looks like i saw someone runnin in the 800+ range but i dont think i want to try that yet. I still want to see the effect on battery life after a day or 2.

Only issue i saw was i could not boot Android from the Gen.Y DualBoot shortcut but i can from the bootup screen so that is satisactory for now. I can make calls and everything without freezing so i suppose i'm A-OK?

I ran at 806 for a while, stable for the most part but it did freeze up a few times. No SOD for me either. I've been running at 787 for most of the past 2 days, no adverse effects that I can tell. Battery life doesn't seem too much worse either.

lemeiux1 08-06-2010 08:39 PM

ok so first of all thanks for this!

I cant seem to get any higher than 691 without SOD, I would be happy with 710 but it seems like a lot of people in this thread are having a lot better luck than me (768?!)

Im using 4.2 and I'm on vin's plutonium rom

would changing polling interval have any effect on it? I'm at 1000 now

let me know if you have any advice

matchstickredgti 08-06-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemeiux1 (Post 1902232)
ok so first of all thanks for this!

I cant seem to get any higher than 691 without SOD, I would be happy with 710 but it seems like a lot of people in this thread are having a lot better luck than me (768?!)

Im using 4.2 and I'm on vin's plutonium rom

would changing polling interval have any effect on it? I'm at 1000 now

let me know if you have any advice

What is your throttle speed set at?

nayr1482 08-06-2010 09:11 PM

OK, I created a cab so it is easier to install for everyone. Check it out here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=281

lemeiux1 08-06-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangomango (Post 1902259)
What is your throttle speed set at?

well I have 604 for throttle and safe, but I actually moved the 2 mortscript files from the program files folder to the root of my SD, and voila! I now have 710! I didnt think that would make much of a difference at all.

still, anything higher than that freezes pretty much instantly

people getting higher than 710 with stable results would you mind posting your settings/ROM?

thanks

purian23 08-06-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1902266)
OK, I created a cab so it is easier to install for everyone. Check it out here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=281

Awesome dude thank you, I didnt even realize you was here at ppc ( my home lol ).. been using your work and following ya on Xda... Anyhow great job.!

matchstickredgti 08-06-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemeiux1 (Post 1902290)
well I have 604 for throttle and safe, but I actually moved the 2 mortscript files from the program files folder to the root of my SD, and voila! I now have 710! I didnt think that would make much of a difference at all.

still, anything higher than that freezes pretty much instantly

people getting higher than 710 with stable results would you mind posting your settings/ROM?

thanks

I've got Mortscript installed to the device, msm7kcpuspeed also on the device. Using the latest OC_auto4.2 script

From the GUI script thing:

current speed 787mhz
throttle speed 604 mhz
poll interval 1000ms

Using the 7/30 Energyrom 21911 build

I know the msm7k app, the scale goes to like 900 something. Anyone able to get that high? Mine freezes if I try to go over 844

lemeiux1 08-06-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangomango (Post 1902296)
I've got Mortscript installed to the device, msm7kcpuspeed also on the device. Using the latest OC_auto4.2 script

From the GUI script thing:

current speed 787mhz
throttle speed 604 mhz
poll interval 1000ms

Using the 7/30 Energyrom 21911 build

I know the msm7k app, the scale goes to like 900 something. Anyone able to get that high? Mine freezes if I try to go over 844

hmm so then what do you do if your device freezes cuz the OC is too high? did you just set your safe mode interval higher? I think installing mort to device would prob help but im afraid I'll have to hard reset due to hanging on boot

nayr1482 08-06-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purian23 (Post 1902291)
Awesome dude thank you, I didnt even realize you was here at ppc ( my home lol ).. been using your work and following ya on Xda... Anyhow great job.!

:D
I think most of us are in both places lol. Thanks for the support!
I cant get over how different my phone is compared to when I got it...from 528mhz on wm6.1 to 768mhz on wm6.5 w/ CHT - it is a different phone i tell you! aside from my shattered screen which will probably force me into a Incredible or something...

matchstickredgti 08-06-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemeiux1 (Post 1902318)
hmm so then what do you do if your device freezes cuz the OC is too high? did you just set your safe mode interval higher? I think installing mort to device would prob help but im afraid I'll have to hard reset due to hanging on boot

I haven't froze on boot and I've messed with it at just about every speed. But if it were to go into a perpetual reboot or something along those lines, taking out the SD card and rebooting should set you straight. If I'm not mistaken, that's the reason the actual script is on the SD card and the shortcut is in the \windows\startup folder

lemeiux1 08-06-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangomango (Post 1902346)
I haven't froze on boot and I've messed with it at just about every speed. But if it were to go into a perpetual reboot or something along those lines, taking out the SD card and rebooting should set you straight. If I'm not mistaken, that's the reason the actual script is on the SD card and the shortcut is in the \windows\startup folder

ok I did that and have the same settings as you do but still no luck, no biggie though tomorrow I may flash a different rom and see if that makes a difference, also could be because im on 6.5.x, might try 6.5

man this really brought a breath of fresh air back into wm for me!

again, thanks to all involved!

matchstickredgti 08-07-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemeiux1 (Post 1902386)
ok I did that and have the same settings as you do but still no luck, no biggie though tomorrow I may flash a different rom and see if that makes a difference, also could be because im on 6.5.x, might try 6.5

man this really brought a breath of fresh air back into wm for me!

again, thanks to all involved!

Maybe

ah i see, well best of luck to you. let me know how it goes

eXuRo 08-07-2010 06:22 AM

Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/7/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

another noob question from the guy who has never overclocked anything.. if i do this will it eat up my battery life like crazy? its already not great..

nayr1482 08-07-2010 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXuRo (Post 1902542)
another noob question from the guy who has never overclocked anything.. if i do this will it eat up my battery life like crazy? its already not great..

Most of us have noticed basically no change. Some seem to think their battery life is a bit worse, some seem to think it is a bit better.

Me personally - I dont think there is much change.

japper88 08-07-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

The battery life is about the same for me. Probably because the phone throttles down the CPU when the screen is off in your pocket.

purian23 08-07-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1902337)
:D
I think most of us are in both places lol. Thanks for the support!
I cant get over how different my phone is compared to when I got it...from 528mhz on wm6.1 to 768mhz on wm6.5 w/ CHT - it is a different phone i tell you! aside from my shattered screen which will probably force me into a Incredible or something...

Bummer about the shattered screen dude, Idk.. i'm holding out for Windows Phone 7. Again thx for the hard work, luckly we can hit the thanks button over here. Everything is working flawlessly.!

mrwilly 08-07-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1902266)

when i try to install the OC_Auto42.cab to the Storage Card, it won't let me. It will only let me install to the device. anyone got any ideas why?

nayr1482 08-07-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrwilly (Post 1902647)
when i try to install the OC_Auto42.cab to the Storage Card, it won't let me. It will only let me install to the device. anyone got any ideas why?

No sorry, no ideas why that is happening.

I can tell you however, if you install it to your device it will be fine...
JUST MAKE SURE TO ENABLE SAFE MODE, SET TO A LOW SPEED (STOCK), AND SET THE SAFE MODE DURATION TO A LONG VALUE (ie 120000+).

That way if you OC too high, you will still be able to boot into windows and modify the OC speed via the GUI before the OC kicks in.

Although - it would be better to install it on your Storage Card :)

kroewe 08-07-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

i seem to find myself in the strange category of people who find their battery life a little better. running at 729, my battery is lasting almost all day with pretty heavy use whereas before it would die before midafternoon.
not sure how or even if this is really possible, but, just like the increase in speed, it is a noticeable difference.

eXuRo 08-07-2010 02:29 PM

thanks for the input guys.. i am going to give this a shot right meow

matchstickredgti 08-07-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrwilly (Post 1902647)

Are you plugged into your computer via USB and have the phone set as 'disk drive'? I think whenever you are it doesn't let you access the SD through the device

badb4c 08-07-2010 05:13 PM

Everything seems to be cool. Thanks for the cabs! This makes the phone so much better!

748 is running great. Will keep pushing it until it freezes though!

powinmo 08-07-2010 07:06 PM

Great work guys splitting out a specific TP2 thread for the OC app and the scripts. Following the thread over at XDA was starting to turn in to a challenge of which methods to use, etc.

After following the XDA thread for a while now, I finally had a chance to try out the nice OC_auto 4.x scripts. Contributors made it very easy to setup and make things happen very quickly.

Been OCing my TP2 at 729 for the past few days with no SOD. Anything above that has not been stable so far. Currently using the 4.2 scripts for the SAFESPEED option when I want to boot to Froyo.

MrBeOTP2 08-08-2010 01:41 AM

" Error Calculatong the cpu frequency. Exiting "<<<< what should i do ?

nayr1482 08-08-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBeOTP2 (Post 1903335)
" Error Calculatong the cpu frequency. Exiting "<<<< what should i do ?

You can't leave Netrippers Application open...exit Msm7kCpuSpeed.