PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   OverClock for TP2 ~ 9/6/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~ MAXX Battery Tweak (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129661)

nayr1482 08-10-2010 04:26 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/19.892; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdurst08
Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1906164)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/19.892; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

what do you have throttle speed set to?

The recommended, 604. maybe I just need to play with it and find one that works?

a side question, in your last post to me you double quoted. you had your quote and my last one together instead of seperate. How does one do that? I have not been able to figure that out. Sorry to get off topic...now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

strange stuff. yeah your settings seem ok. might be your phone, your rom, who knows...
when are your sod's occurring?

as far as the format of my replies - sorry but a lot of the time I reply from my tp2 using the mobile forums in opera mini so...doesn't show me the quote box just my reply when typing

bdurst08 08-10-2010 04:50 PM

Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/8/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1906278)

strange stuff. yeah your settings seem ok. might be your phone, your rom, who knows...
when are your sod's occurring?

as far as the format of my replies - sorry but a lot of the time I reply from my tp2 using the mobile forums in opera mini so...doesn't show me the quote box just my reply when typing

My SOD's are random, though they seem to be when the battery get to around 50% or less.

no worries about the format. Thanks and thanked you for trying to help me!! Like i said I will just have to play with it and figure out one that works. Keep up the good work man!!=D>

Holyman007 08-10-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1905816)
OK...I installed PS (Full) and have been TRYING to replicate what you are getting. But so far...nothing. No SOD, lockups, freezes, nada...

Will keep trying but so far nothing...turning screen but dont unlock and let PS put phone to sleep, call my phone when PS is on, dont answer it and let PS put phone to sleep, etc...
Nothing seems to cause issue on my phone...

Just a thought, can you try something and see what it does?
Go into your registry, and change HKLM\SOFTWARE\PocketShield\SLEEPWAIT to 70
Then go to Settings, Sounds & Display, Backlight
Set it up so on Battery Power you Dim after 30sec, and Turn off after 60sec.
Soft Reset.

Test that out - see if it helps you. I can confirm that this way, if your phone is asleep and you get a missed call or whatever and dont unlock, it does NOT put it back to sleep. Windows does after the 60sec.
Maybe if we can get windows to manage your power settings instead of PS it will prevent your issues...dont know. Worth a shot!

Alright, I'll try that out. I did have 15 sec auto-screen-off if it didn't unlock from pocketshield. Maybe you're right, if pocketshield turns the screen off, the phone doesn't throttle down to the safe speed.

I edited the reg key so it shuts off in 240 seconds so even if I accidentally touch the screen multiple times while it's still locked (causing windows screen timer to reset), windows has a a couple more minutes to turn the screen off before pocketshield turns it off, causing a SOD.

So far, it's looking good. I've tested out a missed call without touching the phone, letting it go back into pocketshield and letting windows lock the phone (after 60 secs of the phone call ending) and then being able to turn it on again.

I just wish I could use the pocketshield 15 sec turn-off so it doesn't waste battery if I accidentally turn the phone on. Oh well, I guess I'll have to compromise.

Thanks for your help btw.

Sideman7 08-10-2010 06:34 PM

For what it's worth, I have pocketshield set to auto off at 20 seconds and have the phone OC to 748 without any issues...

need bb 08-10-2010 09:26 PM

Every time I boot I get the following error:

Backlight/DispOn Key was not found!

I am running a Diamond with Energy Rom.

quickdraw62 08-11-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1905788)
HOLY CR@P! You are complaining of SOD issues clocked that high!?!?!

Have you tried back it down - to like 748? I would say run at 748ish for a WEEK and if you dont have any issue move up ONE notch and run for another week. I am wondering if you have SOD issues or that you are just trying to OC too high. For reference - I have found 768 is the highest I can OC without issue...

Yeah keep safe at 604, polling at 1000. But man - lower your boost to around 748 and than use it for a long period of time. You arent going to know your max. STABLE OC until you do it this way!

Anyway - glad that it sounds like it is working...keep us posted!

I set it to what you have suggested so we'll see how that works. Again thanks for your continual patience nayr.

nayr1482 08-11-2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by need bb (Post 1906715)
Every time I boot I get the following error:

Backlight/DispOn Key was not found!

I am running a Diamond with Energy Rom.

you are in the 1% that doesnt have the DispOn key (or at least it is not in the 2 locations we have found it in). you will either have to find a key in your registry related to DispOn or Backlight, change ROMs, or try a different method of preventing SOD (SetCpuSpeed).

nayr1482 08-11-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickdraw62 (Post 1907075)
I set it to what you have suggested so we'll see how that works. Again thanks for your continual patience nayr.

no problem - i hope we get it working error free. i run my phone at 748 typically, 768 max - but you will have to slowly test what your phone/rom can handle.

sprinttouch666 08-11-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarflarex (Post 1905863)
anyone else on nrg's latest maxsense jul 8th? having sod issues? or have a fix that doesn't lock up the phone on a call? hehe

I would advise using the v3 of the script. I can max out on v3 (787.2mhz) w/o a SOD ever. v4+ all give me trouble though

skuddy 08-14-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 (Post 1907820)
I would advise using the v3 of the script. I can max out on v3 (787.2mhz) w/o a SOD ever. v4+ all give me trouble though

thanks for the tip on 787.2, definitely working like a dream with no issues. I also use v3 script. but im giving 4.21 a shot to see how well it works.

DaveTN 08-15-2010 06:23 PM

Ok, After much persuasion from my friends over in the Energy Rom forum (Bteljce, teradog, tkedch, etc) I have decided to start playing around with some overclocking (long history with PC's, first time with my TP2). I'm starting out on the low end of the 700's and going to work my way up as I feel comfortable.

Thanks to everyone who pushed me to give it a try and for all the wonderful info in this and the other OC'ing thread.

David

quickdraw62 08-16-2010 06:33 AM

Well, all that I went through with the help of nayr to get the phone overclocked without the SOD and I discovered the battery life gets eaten up at 748. I tried it at 710 and still the battery got eaten up. I was at 40% with normal use after about 9 hours.

rhacy 08-16-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickdraw62 (Post 1912552)
Well, all that I went through with the help of nayr to get the phone overclocked without the SOD and I discovered the battery life gets eaten up at 748. I tried it at 710 and still the battery got eaten up. I was at 40% with normal use after about 9 hours.

I've noticed an increase in battery drain and processor heat using oruam57's SetCpuSpeed-1.0d app with Netripper's Msm7kCpuSpeed app. I tested SetCpuSpeed at 710, 729, and 748 MHz, with a throttled speed of 604 MHz. To verify the battery and heat increases, I used Thermo and acbPowerMeter.

On an encouraging note, I've been testing the new dynamic OverClockTool by iwfratz over at xda for the last few days, and my TP2 has been running noticeable cooler overclocked. This appears to be due to the cpu running underclocked when not being used much. Nonetheless, even with the underclock, the system still appears to use more battery juice during normal or heavy use.

If anyone has interest in testing out the new OverClockTool by iwfratz, check out this link below.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=162

Please note, that if you would like to have the OverClockTool run at start up. You will need to paste a shortcut for it's run.exe to your Windows\StartUp folder. I recommend only doing this once you have tested your OverClockTool GUI settings for a while, including restarting Sense, to ensure your system can handle your selected overclock and step intervals.

Best to all,
R

vradi 08-17-2010 09:40 AM

Hi all, I have been doing 729 with the V3 scripts without a single SOD for the last two weeks!!!

The only problem I have noticed is with the bluetooth stereo streaming A2DP. I use this profile to play music in my car. At first the phone will connect fine and stream music without any problem to the car stereo but if for whatever reason you break the pairing (lets say because you stopped your car to pickup a coffee) when it reconnects again the audio is very chopped-up. The only way to fix this is to reset the phone. I am almost certain that this is related to overclock but I will do some further testing to make sure.

Has anybody else noticed anything similar?

bteljuice 08-17-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 1912125)
Ok, After much persuasion from my friends over in the Energy Rom forum (Bteljce, teradog, tkedch, etc) I have decided to start playing around with some overclocking (long history with PC's, first time with my TP2). I'm starting out on the low end of the 700's and going to work my way up as I feel comfortable.

Thanks to everyone who pushed me to give it a try and for all the wonderful info in this and the other OC'ing thread.

David

Welcome aboard David :wave:

Glad you finally OC'ed.
Did you reach 748 yet? How does OC compared to your stock 528Mhz frequency. Let us know your feedback on it :)

slochild 08-17-2010 12:38 PM

rhacy, I've not tried the new OverClockTool by iwfratz, but since I seem to only be able to hit 710 no matter what combo of everything else I use I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the info.

KrazyKevin76 08-17-2010 02:35 PM

I got everything to work @ 710. Then I bumped up to 786. Now it locks up. I'm using the mort script and I have safemode enabled. BUt, how in the world do I get to safemode? Or if safemode is just a time period, I used the default time, and I can't get to the settings to change the speed back lower. Any help?

popdog54 08-17-2010 04:09 PM

Safe mode is the delayed time period when the phone first boots up at a slower speed you set (it should be no more than 604). This is done in case your overclock speed locks up your phone. It gives you some time to reset the overclock speed. If you set the delay time too short then you won't get a chance to reset the speed. Hopefully you installed the script to your SD card. If so, pull the card out and soft reset. By doing this you won't run the script. Once the phone reboots reinsert the card and run the script. Try a slower OC speed and increase the delay time so you won't have to pull the card again.

jhpaintballer101 08-20-2010 09:09 PM

do i have to restart after i do this? or what? i read but didnt see anytihng on that

matchstickredgti 08-20-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhpaintballer101 (Post 1919022)
do i have to restart after i do this? or what? i read but didnt see anytihng on that

yeppp

aliens50 08-28-2010 03:20 PM

Just joined the nayr bandwagon, and my phone is creating beautiful melodies. Using the recommended settings, 710 OC. Can't believe how smooth my phone is running now. Will be testing overall battery drain and bluetooth stereo performance since I use that daily.

Thanks to all for the detailed info.

nayr1482 08-30-2010 12:15 PM

for those of you using OCT but having issues playing music w/ the screen off when using Dynamic OverClocking...

read this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132625

GuyInTulsa 09-05-2010 11:15 AM

Here is an icon I worked up for overclocking.

Enjoy.

http://members.cox.net/eljones7/icons/OverClock[1].png

bteljuice 09-06-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyInTulsa (Post 1935761)

Enjoy.

Very nice thank you :)

thewahlrus 09-06-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Enjoy.

Cool, I use a speedometer looking one. I'm going to make a cab that puts OCT run in startup, OCT toggle under start menu, and assigns them icons. Can I use this icon for OCT GUI?

bteljuice 09-06-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thewahlrus (Post 1936648)
Cool, I use a speedometer looking one. I'm going to make a cab that puts OCT run in startup, OCT toggle under start menu, and assigns them icons. Can I use this icon for OCT GUI?

Let me know when you release them so I can link your post to the first page.
Keep up the good work Wahl. We all appreciate your efforts

chardog 09-07-2010 05:01 PM

Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 9/6/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~ MAXX Battery Tweak

I couldnt even get mid 600's working on my mr x rom with spb ms and pocketshield. anyone else having a problem clocking under 700?

bteljuice 09-07-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chardog (Post 1937667)
I couldnt even get mid 600's working on my mr x rom with spb ms and pocketshield. anyone else having a problem clocking under 700?

Which script are you using?
What settings did you set to?
Are you getting SOD?

chardog 09-08-2010 01:12 PM

using the autorun with all default settings and tried to run 674 mhz or something?

yes getting SOD

bteljuice 09-10-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chardog (Post 1938570)
using the autorun with all default settings and tried to run 674 mhz or something?

yes getting SOD

Did you follow the proper procedure?
1- Download this v2 HERE
2- then this OC_Auto4.1_GUI.zip (I use this one)
3- Unzip the Oc auto 4.1zip and put both files in the ROOT of your SD CARD as such: /Sd card
4-copy OC_Auto4.1.mscr script and paste SHORTCUT in /windows/startup
5- Then go to your /sd card and open OC_Auto4.1_GUI.mscr and set your desired settings there ( start as follows to be safe then go up gradually if your phone handles it 710, 604, 1000) -> (Start with those settings to be safe)
6- restart phone (ALL DONE )

SLCMotor 09-10-2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bteljuice (Post 1940195)
1- Download this v2 HERE
3- Unzip the Oc auto 4.1zip and put both files in the ROOT of your SD CARD as such: /Sd card
5- Then go to your /sd card and open OC_Auto4.1_GUI.mscr and set your desired settings there ( start as follows to be safe then go up gradually if your phone handles it 710, 604, 1000) -> (Start with those settings to be safe)

Worked like a champ for me.. Installed Msm7kCpuSpeed_V2 to my Device, installed Mortscript to my device and then installed OC_Auto_v4.21 to my SD Card. Went to my programs and ran OC and set the settings to 710 and left the next two settings as default. Reboot and I had no problems.

bteljuice 09-12-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLCMotor (Post 1940210)
Worked like a champ for me.. Installed Msm7kCpuSpeed_V2 to my Device, installed Mortscript to my device and then installed OC_Auto_v4.21 to my SD Card. Went to my programs and ran OC and set the settings to 710 and left the next two settings as default. Reboot and I had no problems.

GREAT :thumbleft:

I'm glad it went smoothly. All cooked roms have Mortscript pre-cooked. so you don't really need to reinstall it. Just a heads up for when you flash next time 8-)

skhan 09-15-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bteljuice (Post 1940195)
1- Download this v2 HERE

I have a standard Sprint wm 6.5 build. Can someone tell me how to setup my device so I can use the settings after a hard reset. I have to rebuild my phone every couple of months using Sashimi. i.e. After performing a hard reset, I run sashimi to restore Contacts, install caba, email, etc.

How would I setup the OC files so they get installed right afterwords.

Thanks.

brack21 09-15-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Hows the cab going, that would be awesome, if you cabbed all that up.

GuyInTulsa 09-17-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Can I use this icon for OCT GUI?

Absolutely!

japper88 09-17-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Enjoy.

That icon is AWESOME, thanks! Why better than the mortscript one.

BullyDawg 10-18-2010 05:08 PM

I'm now running very stable at 729 mHz with no SODs with OCT v1.5. See my settings HERE.

As an added bonus, I am experiencing improved battery life! :toothy10:

Thanks for the great icons!