PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   OverClock for TP2 ~ 9/6/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~ MAXX Battery Tweak (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129661)

quickdraw62 08-03-2010 07:50 PM

Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/3/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Ok. I installed the 4.1 mscr, pasted a shortcut in the windows/startup folder, ran the GUI. Set up speed for 710, throttle speed at 604 and polling at 200. Rebooted and still netripper shows 528 mhz.

Yes, mortscript is running.

EDIT: When I looked at the shortcut I created in the windows/startup folder, it was prefixed by Shortcut to. I removed the shortcut to and rebooted. Still not working. Maybe it just won't work on my VZW phone.

nayr1482 08-03-2010 08:24 PM

Wirelessly posted (XV6875.1 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I have vzw so I don't think that is your problem...
can you look in your registry and tell me what you see in
hklm/software/Msm7kCpuSpeed

^^this info will more than likely allow me to tell you exactly what is going on

thanks

if you manually start (click on) the script - then check netripper's app what is your speed?
also did you enable Safe Mode? If so - how long of a duration did you set it for?

ps...dont put your poll interval at .2 - it will CHEW up your CPU! 1000ms has never given me an SOD...

quickdraw62 08-04-2010 05:07 AM

Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/4/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1896961)
Wirelessly posted (XV6875.1 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I have vzw so I don't think that is your problem...
can you look in your registry and tell me what you see in
hklm/software/Msm7kCpuSpeed

^^this info will more than likely allow me to tell you exactly what is going on

thanks

if you manually start (click on) the script - then check netripper's app what is your speed?
also did you enable Safe Mode? If so - how long of a duration did you set it for?

ps...dont put your poll interval at .2 - it will CHEW up your CPU! 1000ms has never given me an SOD...

Yes I ran the script manually and nothing. Here's my registry...

boost speed = 37
poll_interval = 1000
safe_mode = 1
safe_mode_duration = 5000
safe_mode_speed = 31
throttle_speed = 31

nayr1482 08-04-2010 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickdraw62 (Post 1897604)
Yes I ran the script manually and nothing. Here's my registry...

boost speed = 37
poll_interval = 1000
safe_mode = 1
safe_mode_duration = 5000
safe_mode_speed = 31
throttle_speed = 31

OK so the registry is setup OK (although if you are going to use safe mode I'd recommend a much longer period. 5 seconds is not going to allow you to get into windows and change your boost speed).

Which makes it seem like either you have a MortScript issue, or a Netripper issue. After you ran the script manually, did you use a task manager (dotFred) and check if it was running?
Did you have MortScript installed prior to trying this OC script? I am wondering if maybe you installed the wrong version - when you download it there are a bunch of versions that come with it ???

try installing this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=114

you are able to open Netripper's App from your "All Programs" correct? So obviously that is working...only thought on this - is did you install it to the DEFAULT location?
Should be located ON THE DEVICE NOT THE SD CARD: \Program Files\Msm7kCpuSpeed\
Then in that folder should be the Msm7kAutoCpuSpeed.exe, Msm7kClockLib.dll, and Msm7kCpuSpeed.exe

quickdraw62 08-04-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1897648)
OK so the registry is setup OK (although if you are going to use safe mode I'd recommend a much longer period. 5 seconds is not going to allow you to get into windows and change your boost speed).

Which makes it seem like either you have a MortScript issue, or a Netripper issue. After you ran the script manually, did you use a task manager (dotFred) and check if it was running?
Did you have MortScript installed prior to trying this OC script? I am wondering if maybe you installed the wrong version - when you download it there are a bunch of versions that come with it ???

try installing this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=114

you are able to open Netripper's App from your "All Programs" correct? So obviously that is working...only thought on this - is did you install it to the DEFAULT location?
Should be located ON THE DEVICE NOT THE SD CARD: \Program Files\Msm7kCpuSpeed\
Then in that folder should be the Msm7kAutoCpuSpeed.exe, Msm7kClockLib.dll, and Msm7kCpuSpeed.exe

Ok, that was the problem. I installed netripper to the storage card. I removed it and reinstalled it and was able to see my changes.

Thanks for all your help and patience.

EDIT: You've been thanked. Also, I've successfully OC'd at 710 without SOD. So again, thank you.

LayLay 08-04-2010 12:55 PM

Thanks alot I'm running at 748.8mhz since yesterday with no SOD.

nayr1482 08-04-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickdraw62 (Post 1898108)
Ok, that was the problem. I installed netripper to the storage card. I removed it and reinstalled it and was able to see my changes.

Thanks for all your help and patience.

EDIT: You've been thanked. Also, I've successfully OC'd at 710 without SOD. So again, thank you.

thank god it is working lol - i was running out of ideas.
btw - i bet you are glad you stuck with it, isnt your phone 100x better now?

johnjay829 08-04-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LayLay (Post 1898157)
Thanks alot I'm running at 748.8mhz since yesterday with no SOD.

same here.. and loving the quicker reaction time

quickdraw62 08-04-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1898174)
thank god it is working lol - i was running out of ideas.
btw - i bet you are glad you stuck with it, isnt your phone 100x better now?

Yea it's running great now. But I just found out today my company is moving to a new phone soon due to the unavailability of the tp2 so that was almost all for nothing.. lol

They're thinking about going with Verizon's LG Ally because of the keyboard. We're sticking with Verizon and there are only a couple of choices for Android with a pull-out qwerty keyboard. The other is the Droid but that keyboard's keys are too close together.

Villain123 08-05-2010 09:28 AM

This is truly awesome, I have been running at 787.2 for almost two days now without a single issue and it is truly like having a new phone! Thank everyone involved in making this possible!

domoarigato 08-05-2010 11:20 AM

anyone running this on stock rom?

Villain123 08-05-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domoarigato (Post 1899715)
anyone running this on stock rom?

I am running it on the stock 6.5 rom.

domoarigato 08-05-2010 12:10 PM

ok just got it installed, works flawlessly.

ive been running android for a week or so now, completely not used to winmo. kinda wish i had the top curtian / pulldown thing but oh well.

domoarigato 08-05-2010 12:18 PM

whats the difference between start and boost?

nayr1482 08-05-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domoarigato (Post 1899803)
ok just got it installed, works flawlessly.

ive been running android for a week or so now, completely not used to winmo. kinda wish i had the top curtian / pulldown thing but oh well.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...7&d=1270003662
^^Drop-Down Task Manager for Spring 6.5 (I believe)

nayr1482 08-05-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domoarigato (Post 1899821)
whats the difference between start and boost?

start = what speed the phone sets as soon as it starts up
boost = the overclock speed it will run at once the phone is completely booted up

domoarigato 08-05-2010 01:48 PM

thanked, both times!

brack21 08-05-2010 03:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm trying to get this working. This is the error I get when trying to manually run the OC_Auto4.1_GUI

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nayr1482 08-05-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brack21 (Post 1900222)
I'm trying to get this working. This is the error I get when trying to manually run the OC_Auto4.1_GUI

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

did you run OC_Auto4.1 first? OC_Auto4.1 creates the registry keys if they are not present. the GUI just reads them - so if it not present that could be the reason for the error.

interesting...will keep this in mind when tweaking next...

matchstickredgti 08-05-2010 04:52 PM

Thanks have been given where it was needed.

This is amazing, it's like a whole new phone. Everything is so speedy and fluid. Currently running at 806, no issues yet. Thanks for all that assisted in this project.

Edit:
after playing around at 806, it finally locked up. Guess I'll just stick with 787. Nonetheless, still amazing

brack21 08-05-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1900282)
did you run OC_Auto4.1 first? OC_Auto4.1 creates the registry keys if they are not present. the GUI just reads them - so if it not present that could be the reason for the error.

interesting...will keep this in mind when tweaking next...

When I run OC_Auto4.1, I get an error also. Right now I'm running the
SetCPU cab and it seems to be working now. I can put the phone in sleep and it doesn't SOD. I'll play with it for a day or 2 to see how it goes, before trying something else.
Thanks for the reply

sprinttouch666 08-06-2010 03:49 AM

oc_auto4.1 is making me SOD every 10 minutes, and i keep changing the settings ](*,)

eXuRo 08-06-2010 05:25 AM

ive never overclocked anything before lol i understand what it is and want it.. BUT i dont know where to begin.. read my signature for my specs and hopefully im in the right place for help ;) lol

also, if you could fill me in on some details a noob would not know that would be great

jdpman 08-06-2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXuRo (Post 1901085)
ive never overclocked anything before lol i understand what it is and want it.. BUT i dont know where to begin.. read my signature for my specs and hopefully im in the right place for help ;) lol

also, if you could fill me in on some details a noob would not know that would be great

I also found it a bit confusing at first as there seems to be a few different scripts that do similar things when you only need one. Plus there is outdated and current info mixed all through this thread. Its like a road that splits off several times and all you wanna do is find the correct way to get home.

Heres the steps I used to get it working on my Sprint TP2 with EnergyROM's dinik glass rom. CURRENT AS OF TODAY 8/6!

1. Download NetRipper's overclocking cab from the first post in this thread. Its currently version 2 (v2) and install it like you would any cab on your phone. Make sure you install it to the device (not SD card) when given the option.
  2. Download Mortscript from here then unzip to find MortScript-4.3b11-PPC.cab. Install like a normal cab. You need it to make use of the script in the next step.
  3. Download nayr1482's OC_Auto4.1_GUI script from here. Extract to a directory on your computer.
  4. Move OC_Auto4.1.mscr and OC_Auto4.1_GUI.mscr into the root directory of your SD card.
  5. Make a shortcut to OC_Auto4.1.mscr in \Windows\Startup. To do this with file explorer on the TP2, select OC_Auto4.1.mscr and choose copy. Then navigate to \Windows\Startup and in the edit menu you'll find an option for "paste shortcut".
  6. Run OC_Auto4.1_GUI.mscr to configure the settings. For my Sprint TP2 I used 710mhz for the overclock speed and 604mhz for the throttle and safe mode speeds.
  7. Restart your phone.

Thats it! If you want to edit the values later on you can use file explorer to navigate to your SD card and run OC_Auto4.1_GUI.mscr like a program. The benefit to using the OC_Auto script is that it throttles the CPU down when your screen is off/when the device is in standby which prevents it from locking up (referred to as SOD or sleep of death). Also when you turn on your phone there is a delay before the script overclocks the CPU which gives you some time to change the value if a previously set value didn't work. And also as an added failsafe, if you simply pull out the SD card before turning on the phone, the script isn't loaded and your CPU won't be overclocked at all.

(This is basically the same info posted here. Go give nayr1482 thanks!)

nayr1482 08-06-2010 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdpman (Post 1901096)
I also found it a bit confusing at first as there seems to be a few different scripts that do similar things when you only need one. Plus there is outdated and current info mixed all through this thread. Its like a road that splits off several times and all you wanna do is find the correct way to get home.

Heres the steps I used to get it working on my Sprint TP2 with EnergyROM's dinik glass rom. CURRENT AS OF TODAY 8/6!

1. Download NetRipper's overclocking cab from the first post in this thread. Its currently version 2 (v2) and install it like you would any cab on your phone. Make sure you install it to the device (not SD card) when given the option.
  2. Download Mortscript from here and install like a normal cab. You need it to make use of the script in the next step.
  3. Download nayr1482's OC_Auto script from here or my attachment (I hope this is ok!). Currently version 4.1. Extract to a directory on your computer.
  4. Edit the following in OC_Auto4.1.mscr using notepad. For my Sprint TP2 running EnergyROM I used these values which overclocks the CPU to 710mhz when running and throttles it down to 604mhz when the screen is off/device is in standby:

boost_speed = 37
    throttle_speed = 31
    safe_mode = 1
    safe_mode_speed = 31
    safe_mode_duration = 60000
    poll_interval = 1000

Choose "save as..." in notepad and change the "save as type" box to "all files" otherwise notepad will add a .txt extension to the file.
  5. Move OC_Auto4.1.mscr and OC_Auto4.1_GUI.mscr into the root directory of your SD card.
  6. Make a shortcut to OC_Auto4.1.mscr in \Windows\Startup. To do this with file explorer on the TP2, select OC_Auto4.1.mscr and choose copy. Then navigate to \Windows\Startup and in the edit menu you'll find an option for "paste shortcut".
  7. Restart your phone.

Thats it! If you want to edit the values later on you can use file explorer to navigate to your SD card and run OC_Auto4.1_GUI.mscr like a program. The benefit to using the OC_Auto script is that it throttles the CPU down when your screen is off/when the device is in standby which prevents it from locking up (referred to as SOD or sleep of death). Also when you turn on your phone there is a delay before the script overclocks the CPU which gives you some time to change the value if a previously set value didn't work. And also as an added failsafe, if you simply pull out the SD card before turning on the phone, the script isn't loaded and your CPU won't be overclocked at all.

Nobody should be editing the script (OC_Auto4.1mscr). That is why I made the GUI file.

Do NOT do Step #4. Please remove this from your instructions.

There are plenty of posts about how to do this. Most people just dont want to take the time to read all of these pages of information.

Rather than re-posting my file, please edit it and link them to here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=175

This is for "revision control". Dont want the same file posted in several locations...

nayr1482 08-06-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 (Post 1901063)
oc_auto4.1 is making me SOD every 10 minutes, and i keep changing the settings ](*,)

Not helpful. If you want help - you need to post useful information.

What do you have installed?
What are your settings?
When is your phone SOD'ing?

Hard to help with details like "oc_auto4.1 is making me SOD every 10 minutes", which I can assure you is not the case...

jdpman 08-06-2010 06:46 AM

nayr1482, my apologies for reposting. The first post in this thread didn't link directly to that post of yours here but instead to the xda one... Didn't know it was uploaded here. Also the first post links to your post here for OC_Auto3 where you instruct to manually edit the file. Thats why I manually edited the values in 4.1. Perhaps you should edit that post?

Anyway, my apologies. I was just trying to help..

nayr1482 08-06-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdpman (Post 1901101)
nayr1482, my apologies for reposting. The first post in this thread didn't link directly to that post of yours here but instead to the xda one... Didn't know it was uploaded here. Also the first post links to your post here for OC_Auto3 where you instruct to manually edit the file. Thats why I manually edited the values in 4.1. Perhaps you should edit that post?

Anyway, my apologies. I was just trying to help..

Hey - no I wasn't/am not mad at you lol, should have also said "thanks for the nice write up". I know things are a bit cluttered - we will get things straightened out a bit.

Glad you are OC'ed and enjoying it, thanks for your write up.

Edit: When I check the first post, bteljuice has an update dated 8/4 that links to 4.1 on xda. I do see above it where there is a link to v3 though so I understand where the confusion came from ;-)

japper88 08-06-2010 09:40 AM

@ nayr1482, first of all thanks for all your hard work. I am using 4.1.

I have followed all the instructions carefully, here is my problem:

Although the phone boots at 604 (what I set it to using the gui) after the safe mode duration is over it returns to 528 instead of 710 (which is what i set in the gui). Is anyone else having this problem?

(i have not messed with the settings in msm7koverclock, only using 4.1's gui to change stuff)

I had the scripts on the storage card, then i had them on the phone's main memory, with the same result. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

nayr1482 08-06-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1901197)
@ nayr1482, first of all thanks for all your hard work. I am using 4.1.

I have followed all the instructions carefully, here is my problem:

Although the phone boots at 604 (what I set it to using the gui) after the safe mode duration is over it returns to 528 instead of 710 (which is what i set in the gui). Is anyone else having this problem?

(i have not messed with the settings in msm7koverclock, only using 4.1's gui to change stuff)

I had the scripts on the storage card, then i had them on the phone's main memory, with the same result. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, can you post your registry found in:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Msm7kCpuSpeed\

boost_speed
throttle_speed
safe_mode
safe_mode_speed
safe_mode_duration
poll_interval

Thanks

japper88 08-06-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1901339)
Hey, can you post your registry found in:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Msm7kCpuSpeed\

boost_speed = 37
throttle_speed = 31
safe_mode = 1
safe_mode_speed = 31
safe_mode_duration = 50000
poll_interval = 1000

Now for some reason when I unplug it drops down to 528mhz...
Thanks, I appreciate the help.

bteljuice 08-06-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1901369)
boost_speed = 37
throttle_speed = 31
safe_mode = 1
safe_mode_speed = 31
poll_interval = 1000

Your throttle speed is the same as the safe mode speed. you have it set to 604. should be good

nayr1482 08-06-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1901369)
boost_speed = 37
throttle_speed = 31
safe_mode = 1
safe_mode_speed = 31
poll_interval = 1000

hmmm...i have to be honest. with what you have it should be working fine. :scratch:

you are not running other throttling scripts/programs in tandem are you?

For me it is VERY strange that you are dropping back to 528 if netrippers app is working and the script is running. Netrippers App is NOT CAPABLE of setting the phone to 528. So something is going on with your phone...
We know that when the phone goes to sleep it throttle back to 528 on its own, but when it wakes up the script should launch Netripper's app, apply your boost_speed, and exit netrippers app.

When your phone is at 528, can you use a task manager and check if MortScript.exe is running ???

japper88 08-06-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1901393)
hmmm...i have to be honest. with what you have it should be working fine. :scratch:

you are not running other throttling scripts/programs in tandem are you?

For me it is VERY strange that you are dropping back to 528 if netrippers app is working and the script is running. Netrippers App is NOT CAPABLE of setting the phone to 528. So something is going on with your phone...
We know that when the phone goes to sleep it throttle back to 528 on its own, but when it wakes up the script should launch Netripper's app, apply your boost_speed, and exit netrippers app.

When your phone is at 528, can you use a task manager and check if MortScript.exe is running ???

I check the task manager that comes with mightyrom, it does not show mortscript.exe is running... but I thought mortscript.exe doesn't show up in the task manager. I installed the mortscript 4.3 cab from the official website. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks again for trying to help out.

japper88 08-06-2010 12:15 PM

I tried something different, i added /boot to the end the shortcut in the startup folder using total pocket commander, and now it seems to work. figures crossed, i'll see how long this lasts.

nayr1482 08-06-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1901407)
I check the task manager that comes with mightyrom, it does not show mortscript.exe is running... but I thought mortscript.exe doesn't show up in the task manager. I installed the mortscript 4.3 cab from the official website. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks again for trying to help out.

try using something like dotFreds task manager. that shows MortScript.exe running if the script is running.

nayr1482 08-06-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1901436)
I tried something different, i added /boot to the end the shortcut in the startup folder using total pocket commander, and now it seems to work. figures crossed, i'll see how long this lasts.

interesting...

japper88 08-06-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1901509)
interesting...

I saw someone mentioning adding "/boot" for set2speed and other scripts in the startup folder, so I figured why not.

Not sure if that is what did the trick, but it is working as advertised now. I made 2 phone calls during lunch and had no SOD. Well see how it holds up the rest of the day, all I can say is so far so good.

nayr1482 08-06-2010 01:40 PM

v4.2 of OC_Auto is posted.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=175

all it does is adds STOCKSPEED (528mhz) as a SAFE MODE speed option.
for those of you trying to run Android, this should allow you to get into windows at stock speed, and then run haret (cant test as i dont run it)

matchstickredgti 08-06-2010 01:42 PM

Awesome. thanks a lot.