PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: US Cellular

gordy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Maps 4.0 unable to locate GPS Satellites

With in the last month I have not been able to get Bing Maps or Google Maps to locate any GPS satellites.

I have tried different Com ports, different locations, and uninstalling/reinstalling Google maps 4.0. The old Google Maps I could usually locate 8 - 10 Satellites. Know I get a Weak GPS Signal screen after roughly 10 minutes of searching.

I have contacted US Cellular and HTC. They both are attributing it to software and send me packing.

This has started after I upgraded to the new Google Maps 4.0. I have also posted on XDA. I am getting some feedback but nothing that is concrete enough to pin point the problem.

US Cellular HTC Touch Pro2
Stock ROM
Northeast, WI.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:07 AM
newdey

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Google Maps 4.0 unable to locate GPS Satellites

Have you tried downloading quick gps? I had this problem with sprint nav and it was due to my gps not downloading. I forgot to set it to automatic after a ROM upgrade and went for like 3 days with no gps...lol
Old 02-24-2010, 07:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

TMan11 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to TMan11
Arrow Re: Google Maps 4.0 unable to locate GPS Satellites

Go to Quick GPS Download it and set the download to Automatic and then start up google maps and enable GPS and it should work.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: Google Maps 4.0 unable to locate GPS Satellites

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan11 View Post
Go to Quick GPS Download it and set the download to Automatic and then start up google maps and enable GPS and it should work.
x2...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Tags
google maps, gps, htc touch pro2