PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
{BiGnAdAd HowTo} Edit Your Manila 2.5 Clock Numbers on Home Screen!

i Have done How To's in the Past and they have seemed to do well. going to give it another shot....if it does well i will produce more!!

This is what we will be editing..The Actual Clock Numbers

I recommend photoshop, and this howto is based on photoshop, but you can use whatever. i have also included the PNG to open in another image editor.

I. Getting Setup

Extract Manila Editor

a. Get the Manila Editor i attached to this post. CFC GUI 0.60.35

b. Make Folder on Computer and Extract to it

Extract Manila & Photoshop Files

a. Unzip Manila-Photoshop.zip file to the same folder

Also attached PNG file if you don't have Photoshop

II. Open/Edit/Save Photoshop File

When opening you need to change ALL numbers at one time.

a. Select "0" Layer......hold shift key....Select "1" Layer....release shift key

b. You can select your drop down back and change font to whatever you like.

After changing you might notice the alignment is not correct anymore..meaning the numbers are not within the guide lines.

If you need to adjust do the following.

a. With all layers still selected you and get your "move tool" to move numbers around to get them centered within guide lines

b. now use your vertical/horizontal scale to get WITHIN the guide lines...

Now the file needs to be saved to PNG format

a. Click File....Save As.....and from drop down box choose PNG

b. Save to same folder the other files are in....

III. Converting PNG file to Manila

a. Open CFC-GUI Manila Editor by clicking the cfc_gui.exe

b. it might ask you to browse to folder when manila file is....If so find it and Open

this is what it should look like when opened

c. now click on Replace With Button on bottom right

d. locate the PNG file we created from photoshop, and open it

Now the new clock font should display

III. Get Edited Manila file to Phone

a. Install Total Commander to Phone if you dont have already

b. Transfer the manila file we edited to a storage card

c. Move or Copy manila file to Windows Directory and Overwrite if it ask.

then Restart Manila
Attached Files
File Type: zip cfc-gui-only-0.60.35.zip (383.1 KB, 175 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Manila-Photoshop.zip (233.6 KB, 200 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab totalcommander.cab (486.3 KB, 69 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bignadad; 04-12-2010 at 09:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BiGnAdAd Manila 2.5 HowTo} Edit Your Clock Numbers on Manila Home Screen!

reserved....
Old 02-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

reserved...
Old 02-19-2010, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Bagnadad, you are truly amazing! I appreciate all the posts and instructions you're putting out here. I haven't taken the leap yet, but I've been reading and tinkering around with the help of your posts!!! Thanks again!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

TMan11 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to TMan11

Every time i attempt the part where you Select all the layers nothing will happen it just highlights the other one but not all. What am i doing wrong?

Old 03-10-2010, 01:16 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u

I follwed each of your steps and still could not get the numbers to appear correctly. I ended up being able to get the Papyrus Font with a nice style to replace the images in the manila file. I then used CFC-Gui to load it onto the device, I tried placing the file in the Windows directory it didn't overwrite any file and did not show on the calendar after a manila reset.

I was able to get the papyrus numbers to show up, but they were half the size that was needed to look correct and I tried going into photoshop and make the numbers larger, but the set guidelines cut it off, how would I enlarge the area and what is the correct size? I know this is user error and not instructor error.

I am using Mighty Rom War.

By the way, geez don't you sleep you got to be up all time to put out as many tutorials, mods, tweaks, and programs as you do? You might as well put out a Rom. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post
I follwed each of your steps and still could not get the numbers to appear correctly. I ended up being able to get the Papyrus Font with a nice style to replace the images in the manila file. I then used CFC-Gui to load it onto the device, I tried placing the file in the Windows directory it didn't overwrite any file and did not show on the calendar after a manila reset.

I was able to get the papyrus numbers to show up, but they were half the size that was needed to look correct and I tried going into photoshop and make the numbers larger, but the set guidelines cut it off, how would I enlarge the area and what is the correct size? I know this is user error and not instructor error.

I am using Mighty Rom War.

By the way, geez don't you sleep you got to be up all time to put out as many tutorials, mods, tweaks, and programs as you do? You might as well put out a Rom. Thanks!
You should be just updating manila file with CFC, then copy that manila file over to windows directory....are you on manila 2.5?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:49 AM
I break things, for fun.

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yes I am. I was using it on the War Rom. As i said got the clock font to change once but the font did not fill the tab.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post
Yes I am. I was using it on the War Rom. As i said got the clock font to change once but the font did not fill the tab.
can you send a screenshot?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:53 PM
I break things, for fun.

Re: {BiGnAdAd HowTo} Edit Your Manila 2.5 Clock Numbers on Home Screen!

I will later. thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software