PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Titanium Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 12:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CHome/Titanium Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by bx718bklyn View Post
still can't these ishh to work
Hmm...well, I know others who are using the same ROM you are have got it all working, maybe they can give you some pointers?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

CDENsomnia is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to CDENsomnia

So after playing around with the setting and a couple different times of re-flashing I think I really close to have what I want. Here is my latest problem...I have my contacts panel but the panel doesn't have a name on it. I saw on this thread someone else had the problem and just copied the GUID from welcomecenter in to the GUID of the contacts panel. I tried that and it didn't work. Man I thought this would be easy for someone who works with software development all day!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshinynewtouch View Post
is anyone able to get the mnemonique version to work on ur qvga phones ? i can't seem to get the cool new updates from showaco to show on my qvga phone...
I don't think mnemonique has finished v3 for qvga yet, has he?
Old 04-12-2009, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDENsomnia View Post
So after playing around with the setting and a couple different times of re-flashing I think I really close to have what I want. Here is my latest problem...I have my contacts panel but the panel doesn't have a name on it. I saw on this thread someone else had the problem and just copied the GUID from welcomecenter in to the GUID of the contacts panel. I tried that and it didn't work. Man I thought this would be easy for someone who works with software development all day!
That should be all you need to do. Make sure you are pasting the GUID for the welcome center to your newly created panel at HKLM\Security\CHome\Default Settings. If you paste it in HKLM\Software, it will be overridden by the GUID string in HKLM\Security upon soft resetting. Also, you can only use the GUID for welcomecenter for one active panel at a time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
I think you've got 2 problems, you are using the same GUID twice which can be corrected by copying a GUID from another panel that you are not using. It also sounds like you didnt edit the extensibility XML file to show your name.

I hope this helps.
Well I still cant get it to work...you were right...the "People Tab" I created was based off the "CLinks Tab"...the instructions I had said to disable Clinks (which is the launcher tab I am guessing) so that I could use its GUID for the new people tab I was creating. I didnt realize what that entailed..I should have used the MyFaves Tab, which was already disabled.

I have gone back and changed the people tab's GUID to the one that "myfaves" has (myfaves is already disabled)...but its still not working. I think what I might do is hard reset and start again...it just really sucks....everything else is set the way I want it...and the tab itself stills works...its just that it has no name LOL

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
That should be all you need to do. Make sure you are pasting the GUID for the welcome center to your newly created panel at HKLM\Security\CHome\Default Settings. If you paste it in HKLM\Software, it will be overridden by the GUID string in HKLM\Security upon soft resetting. Also, you can only use the GUID for welcomecenter for one active panel at a time.

You are an effing genius!

Ok that was my problem....I kept trying to change the GUID in HKLM>Software instead of HKLM>security. Once I changed it there and soft reset...bam....its showing up now.

MNAY THANKS for saving me from a hard reset.

Edit....hey I just realized you're in OKC as well....I might just have to buy you a beer sometime!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:22 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
Well I still cant get it to work...you were right...the "People Tab" I created was based off the "CLinks Tab"...the instructions I had said to disable Clinks (which is the launcher tab I am guessing) so that I could use its GUID for the new people tab I was creating. I didnt realize what that entailed..I should have used the MyFaves Tab, which was already disabled.

I have gone back and changed the people tab's GUID to the one that "myfaves" has (myfaves is already disabled)...but its still not working. I think what I might do is hard reset and start again...it just really sucks....everything else is set the way I want it...and the tab itself stills works...its just that it has no name LOL
If the panel is there, but invisible, it's just an issue with your cpr file. You would have to add a myfaves section to your cpr because it is not in there as is. That's why I just recommended people use the cwelcomecenter or settings panel GUID's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
You are an effing genius!

Ok that was my problem....I kept trying to change the GUID in HKLM>Software instead of HKLM>security. Once I changed it there and soft reset...bam....its showing up now.

MNAY THANKS for saving me from a hard reset.

Edit....hey I just realized you're in OKC as well....I might just have to buy you a beer sometime!
lol...you have no idea how pissed off I got b/c of that issue when I first started messing with this. I was close to physically destroying my phone on several occasions. Glad you got it working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpctech View Post
To edit the *.cpr files, check out XML Notepad 2007 from microsoft-

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

It shows the structure of the file much better and makes it a lot easier to see whats been done/needs to be done. Also it makes editing them a lot easier, i've been using it for all mine for a few days now; works great.
Thanks so much for this! Hell of a lot easier than regular notepad. Much easier on the eyes.

Last edited by Hafrust; 04-12-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Just an FYI....I'm working on a few ideas and also doing a major re-write of the first post today. I want to clean it up a bit and make it easier to follow while adding some more specific instructions for adding panels. If anyone has any input, suggestions, or requests please let me know and I'll include them.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

myshinynewtouch is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
I don't think mnemonique has finished v3 for qvga yet, has he?
thats the confusing part - his pictures look like the latest ones from showaco but his cab doesn't look like it yet - hopefully mnemonique gets out a new version today - can't wait now....
Old 04-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Lurker

showaco is keeping up the good workshowaco is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfuzz View Post
As to the CHome Configurator, I don't know that the lack of a reboot is good thing. I wonder if something was broken with the v3 update.
Chome Configurator only has reboot dialog if CTestUIPlugin is enabled due to a limitation on chome smartphone version which forced it in order to be able to reload the changes. I switched to a new panel, so thats why you don't see the dialog anymore. There is no need to reboot for changes to take effect, all that is necessary is to disable chome(windows default) plugin in settings\today\items and re-enable to see changes. I never rebooted when I made changes using chome configurator.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Titanium Tweaks