PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Titan Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   WM 6.5 - 23017B (08-Aug-2009)/23025A (11-Aug-2009) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73339)

btonetbone 06-30-2009 09:21 PM

WM 6.5 - 23017B (08-Aug-2009)/23025A (11-Aug-2009)

Hey all -

If you are looking for build 23025A, please see Post #3.

Here's 23017B. On my initial boot, I have over 29.5 meg free after running Oxios.

WHAT'S NEW IN THIS BUILD:
A new splash screen (thanks to eigerzoom)
Replaced psShutXP with PowerOptions - this has a functioning shutdown feature, and a few other neat tricks
Replaced Oxios Hibernate with the complete Oxios Suite - this also include Oxios Close-Apps, which will free up even more memory (but will close all of your open apps)

DOWNLOAD LINK:
Click here for 23017B (with white taskbar icons)
Click here for 23017B (with a colored taskbar theme)

Here's a list of some of the things I have included:
Memory and battery meter
Updated video drivers
Stock start menu
HTC Task Manager
Advanced Configuration 3.3
Total Commander
nueLED
Oxios Suite (Hibernate and Close-Apps)
PowerOptions
PocketRAR (automatically set as default for .zip and .rar)
AutoRun (UC)
Bluetooth Explorer
Fixed Comm Manager (both in button assignments, and Systems menu)
New splash screens
Built carrier free (see note below)
And a few personal tweaks - skinny scroll bars, ClearType enabled, larger fonts, the old IE set as default, ReplyAll fix and a few other things.

PLEASE NOTE:
This ROM was built carrier free. You MUST install a carrier cab for this to work. Find your carrier cab from here:
Carrier cabs

TO ENABLE MMS:
Here are a few cabs I have found on here and XDA that should help you enable MMS (multimedia messaging - pictures/video messaging). If any of these do not work, or if you have a better cab or a cab for another carrier, please post your information and I will update the catalog. I cannot vouch whether or not these work and am relying on you to verify. Please make sure you only install the cab designated for your carrier.
MMS cabs

I have also put together a few of my favorite programs that I install afterward to share. Please look through and enjoy!
Ivan's Collection of Handy Programs

Many many thanks to bbsandkm, mattsm, TPlane37, Joojoobee666, the PPCK team, the authors of all of the cabs linked from this post (I take no claim or responsibility for them) and everyone else who helped me along the way.

Click here to chat with us on our IRC Channel if you need immediate assistance.

mattsm 06-30-2009 10:51 PM

Re: WM 6.5 - 23001 (30-June-2009)

Was this cooked or grilled?
Nice

btonetbone 06-30-2009 10:53 PM

Until I feel these latest builds have become fleshed out enough to become stable, I will keep them here in the third post. Please keep in mind that anything from this post is not entirely functional and meant as a preview only. I recommend having a stable ROM handy to revert back to after you are done testing.

The current build is 23025A. I have 4 different versions available for you. For the most part, the builds include the exact same programs and tweaks as the builds in Post #1. Here are the links and differences:

23025A - white taskbar icons & no HTC Task Manager
23025A - colorful taskbar icons & no HTC Task Manager
23025A - white taskbar icons & yes HTC Task Manager
23025A - colorful taskbar icons & yes HTC Task Manager

Please keep in mind that having the HTC Task Manager in these new builds is a double-edged sword. It works partially, but causes some distortion in the top taskbar; that is why you have the option to use it or not.

klindoug 07-01-2009 01:15 AM

I love you, thanks!!! I was looking for a great Alltel build that was light and fast!!!

SrgWallopy 07-01-2009 03:01 AM

FINNALY an alltel build... so.. i need help. i don't know how to do this xD so... what do i do with this .nbh file? please? anyone.:mrgreen:

tokuzumi 07-01-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SrgWallopy (Post 1007679)
FINNALY an alltel build... so.. i need help. i don't know how to do this xD so... what do i do with this .nbh file? please? anyone.:mrgreen:

Make sure your phone is unlocked prior to uploading any custom roms!!!

Go to this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72489

and download the Empty RUU folder. Rename the .nbh to ruu_signed.nbh, and put it in the folder you downloaded in the other thread. Run the RomUpdateUtility.exe. Follow the computer screen, and the phone screen prompts. Enjoy.

thecheet 07-01-2009 09:53 AM

Or, after you unlock phone, you can use a SD Card. Just make sure it's less than 2GB and formatted to FAT32. Just move the NBH file over to the SD Card, rename to TITAIMG.nbg. Place card inside of phone, enter bootloader, and it'll do the rest.

cabandan 07-01-2009 03:02 PM

After flashing this I can't connect to Data....i've never had this problem before and have done this process often. Even installed the alltel carrier .cab and nothing. Any ideas?

btonetbone 07-01-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabandan (Post 1008582)
After flashing this I can't connect to Data....i've never had this problem before and have done this process often. Even installed the alltel carrier .cab and nothing. Any ideas?

Hmmm...what do you have listed under
Start -> Settings -> Connections -> Connections

If Alltel isn't listed at the very top, delete all of the connections at the top and reinstall the Allte carrier cab.

Secondly, also check in
Start -> Settings -> Connections -> WiFi -> Network Adapters

Make sure that "My network card connection to:" is set to The Internet.
Also, try setting any connection in there to a Server Assigned IP address.

cabandan 07-01-2009 04:07 PM

Well i went into an appointment and came back out to data working fine. Weird. Working on GPS now ha.

Thanks for the reply

btonetbone 07-01-2009 04:10 PM

If you want REALLY fast GPS (and have a data plan), check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=a-gps

It works perfect on Alltel and I get locks within seconds. You need to import the registry changes each time you flash, but the rest of the changes will stick between flashes of custom ROMs (not true if you go back to stock).

SrgWallopy 07-01-2009 04:58 PM

So far one day of having this rom and i'm in love Well built and runs F...I...N...E... Memory usage sits around 75 with text's open but that's alright.
No skin for media player. and i can't customise the "Favorites", anyone know how?

And my data wasn't working but then i called *228 to "program" my phone and it worked.
Also, does anyone know how to change the pictures on the front to load out of SD Card rather then just the cusom ones we get?
But besides all of that everything is very nice. Good work to the creater. :)

btonetbone 07-01-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SrgWallopy (Post 1008884)
So far one day of having this rom and i'm in love Well built and runs F...I...N...E... Memory usage sits around 75 with text's open but that's alright.
No skin for media player. and i can't customise the "Favorites", anyone know how?

And my data wasn't working but then i called *228 to "program" my phone and it worked.
Also, does anyone know how to change the pictures on the front to load out of SD Card rather then just the cusom ones we get?
But besides all of that everything is very nice. Good work to the creater. :)

I think you will need an app such as CHome Editor to adjust the Favorites tab. To be honest, I turn it off on my own phone. Here's a link to an alternate launcher you can use on your Titanium screen if that doesn't work out:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512058

The only image that can easily be changed of the front 3 splashe is the third one. I would recommend copying an image to your \Windows directory as opposed to leaving it on your SD. Your phone may get confused if you ever take out the card and restart. Anyway, use the Advanced Config tool I included, go to Splash Screen and make any adjustments you'd like. The image should be 240 wide x 320 tall.

And if you have any alternate splash screens you'd like for me to include, send them my way! If I like them, I'll put them in the next build.

cabandan 07-01-2009 06:22 PM

Alright now data was working fine, until I tried to add my gmail account. Now it's asking me to "Network Log On". then it says Resource: Alltel Wireless and asks for user name, password, and domain.

What is this? I've also never seen this happen and am real confused

btonetbone 07-01-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabandan (Post 1009049)
Alright now data was working fine, until I tried to add my gmail account. Now it's asking me to "Network Log On". then it says Resource: Alltel Wireless and asks for user name, password, and domain.

What is this? I've also never seen this happen and am real confused

Did you try what I posted in post #9?

aaronpoweruser 07-01-2009 06:36 PM

is this based on the common files or does it have custom sys optimizations and congratulations for becoming our new chef bskman should have left along time ago if it would bring this many people out of the wood work

btonetbone 07-01-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronpoweruser (Post 1009087)
is this based on the common files or does it have custom sys optimizations and congratulations for becoming our new chef bskman should have left along time ago if it would bring this many people out of the wood work

This is based off of the SYS/Common/XIP posted by Joojoobee in the Upgrades forum. I've made a few modifications to it, but that's where they originated.

And bbsandkm didn't/shouldn't quit. He is an amazing chef and knows way more than I do. He also is the one who inspired me to start [s]cooking[/s] grilling.

cabandan 07-02-2009 01:12 AM

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the alltel carrier .cab and it's all good. now i can enjoy the product, great job

cac2us 07-02-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadfend (Post 1007956)
Or, after you unlock phone, you can use a SD Card. Just make sure it's less than 2GB and formatted to FAT32. Just move the NBH file over to the SD Card, rename to TITAIMG.nbg. Place card inside of phone, enter bootloader, and it'll do the rest.

Hey,

Not to be picky, but what is a ".NBG" file??:silent:

nFiniti 07-02-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btonetbone (Post 1007095)
Hey all -
Here's my 23001 build! I hope you enjoy it. It's pretty fast and light, and should boot up to between 28 and 29 mb of RAM on your initial boot..

HOLY CRAP! Even when I just do a completely striped build of 21501 (is that right?, whatevers the newest on BuildOS), I can't get that much free! MAX I will get on first boot is 22mb.

How can I get the newest build in BuildOS? They haven't updated it yet. There is some software that is in the kitchen that I use and can't find elsewhere.

cac2us 07-02-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nFiniti (Post 1011353)
HOLY CRAP! Even when I just do a completely striped build of 21501 (is that right?, whatevers the newest on BuildOS), I can't get that much free! MAX I will get on first boot is 22mb.

How can I get the newest build in BuildOS? They haven't updated it yet. There is some software that is in the kitchen that I use and can't find elsewhere.

Hey,

This may exlain the progress:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=72489&page=13 post #126 - #129.

nFiniti 07-02-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cac2us (Post 1011374)
Hey,

This may exlain the progress:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=72489&page=13 post #126 - #129.

Quote:

Originally Posted by btonetbone (Post 1010908)
21501 was an earlier release of Windows Mobile 6.5. Don't forget that this is a program that is still developing and progressing. Nobody has documented the changes between each build, but there are a few under the hood. You may or may not notice a difference, but this build is about 6 weeks newer. The apps that get cooked in are secific to the chef; here, you have mattsm and he has chosen the specific apps that he thinks you'll enjoy!

Not really... There is a guy that is claiming to tell someone else how its done. Because the builds are being released to fast for the buildos guys to keep uploading them into the updator... But like this guy said, this build is 6 weeks newer. I think more than that... They should update atleast once a month...

btonetbone 07-02-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nFiniti (Post 1011396)
Not really... There is a guy that is claiming to tell someone else how its done. Because the builds are being released to fast for the buildos guys to keep uploading them into the updator... But like this guy said, this build is 6 weeks newer. I think more than that... They should update atleast once a month...

Dude, the PPC Kitchen team are all volunteers. If you want to learn how to make your own ROMs, I will gladly show you how using the files available on this forum. If you want to donate your time to make releases happen more quickly, I suggest you visit www.ppckitchen.org and ask to join their team.

Also, would you be happy if they released a build with a flaw? I doubt it. 21501 was extremely stable and it took serious time to get it that way. This stuff isn't always easy and it definitely isn't magic. And we definitely don't get paid and shouldn't be on deadlines.

cac2us 07-02-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btonetbone (Post 1011406)
Dude, the PPC Kitchen team are all volunteers. If you want to learn how to make your own ROMs, I will gladly show you how using the files available on this forum. If you want to donate your time to make releases happen more quickly, I suggest you visit www.ppckitchen.org and ask to join their team.

Also, would you be happy if they released a build with a flaw? I doubt it. 21501 was extremely stable and it took serious time to get it that way. This stuff isn't always easy and it definitely isn't magic. And we definitely don't get paid and shouldn't be on deadlines.

Hey,

Great piont, and thank you for your help with cooking and uploading all of the fine work that you put your time into.
If I didn't have a deadline for these LED trophies for the Great American Truck Show comming up in August, I would like to learn the way of the chef.

Thanks Again.:headbang:

nFiniti 07-02-2009 07:54 PM

I use BuildOS to make my own roms. And as for 21501 being stable... The only way its stable is if you have the camera disabled. Its flawless on any other phone but the Titan. I have my camera disabled and I can hardly install anything without it becoming to much of a memory hog. I'm not exactly complaining. I'm just tired of "needing" to use Oxios memory after everytime I browse the web or text. Your claiming almost 30mb. Thats impressive in my honest opinion. If I hard reset right now, I'll start oxios and it will claim 22mb. Minute later its 18mb. I'll install almost everything I possibly can on the SD Card, and use MemMaid which I own a license to send all the cash files to the extended rom and set it up for maximum memory. I pop open HTC's YouTube App, watch one video and then start getting errors from not enough memory.

I just want out of it. Half that stuff you installed on this rom, I don't ever install. So if I could gain that much free memory, I would be extremely happy! Like Beyond Happy! I'd be jumping for joy!

btonetbone 07-02-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nFiniti (Post 1011421)
I use BuildOS to make my own roms. And as for 21501 being stable... The only way its stable is if you have the camera disabled. I have my camera disabled and I can hardly install anything without it becoming to much of a memory hog. I'm not exactly complaining. I'm just tired of "needing" to use Oxios memory after everytime I browse the web or text. Your claiming almost 30mb. Thats impressive in my honest opinion. If I hard reset right now, I'll start oxios and it will claim 22mb. Minute later its 18mb. I'll install almost everything I possibly can on the SD Card, and use MemMaid which I own a license to send all the cash files to the extended rom and set it up for maximum memory. I pop open HTC's YouTube App, watch one video and then start getting errors from not enough memory.

I just want out of it. Half that stuff you installed on this rom, I don't ever install. So if I could gain that much free memory, I would be extremely happy! Like Beyond Happy! I'd be jumping for joy!

There's a significant difference between being stable and being a RAM hog. Since I don't know what you put in on your build, I can't really comment on why your RAM is the way it is. I also don't really remember what my memory was on 21501 (they mesh together after too many builds! LOL!), but I do know that their build was rock solid and that's why it went out.

If you don't want my extra programs, then you are in luck, too. Mattsm has released barebones versions of these ROMs (using similar source files as mine). Here's a link if you want to try his out:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72489

nFiniti 07-02-2009 08:11 PM

Well even when I open build OS. and only click the splash screens I have designed, and select cricket for the carrier, and dont select any software, and burn.... I'll get like 25mb MAX. And thats with no Oxios Memory, Stock Dialler, Stock Comm Manager (if any), No Camera.

I understand its pretty damn stable. I honestly CANNOT go back to 6.1. I wont. I'm in love with 6.5 and modifying Titanium and all of that. But I like having atleast some nice stuff. Like, I have to have a dialler with the "Call" button on the screen, cause my send button is not working unless you press it reallllly hard. I install the smallest in size comm manager, I think its from the vogue. HTC Audio Manager (because when playing music, it isn't a memory hog like WMP is and doesn't cause the phone to crash), All the no size little reg edits like cleartype, iContact, uhm... I think thats it. I'd have to look at my install list..... And all the rest of the stuff I have installed on the SD Card, which is 8gb. I use Oxios Memory, and MemMaid.

btonetbone 07-02-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nFiniti (Post 1011444)
Well even when I open build OS. and only click the splash screens I have designed, and select cricket for the carrier, and dont select any software, and burn.... I'll get like 25mb MAX. And thats with no Oxios Memory, Stock Dialler, Stock Comm Manager (if any), No Camera.

I understand its pretty damn stable. I honestly CANNOT go back to 6.1. I wont. I'm in love with 6.5 and modifying Titanium and all of that. But I like having atleast some nice stuff. Like, I have to have a dialler with the "Call" button on the screen, cause my send button is not working unless you press it reallllly hard. I install the smallest in size comm manager, I think its from the vogue. HTC Audio Manager (because when playing music, it isn't a memory hog like WMP is and doesn't cause the phone to crash), All the no size little reg edits like cleartype, iContact, uhm... I think thats it. I'd have to look at my install list..... And all the rest of the stuff I have installed on the SD Card, which is 8gb. I use Oxios Memory, and MemMaid.

This is getting pretty far off topic concerning my ROM. I'll make this last post, but please either send me a PM or start a new thread if you wan to continue this.
1st - Definitely select a camera. Also, definitely select the nueKernel configuration Tool (or whaever it's called) in BuildOS. Otherwise, you're possibly not taking advantage of our high/low memory options.
2nd - You don't need to select a comm manager. Windows has one built in.
3rd - I have yet to see a dialer (even stock) that doesn't have an onscreen send button. If you need to use another button to pull up the dialer, simply map it. Dialers eat RAM.
4th - I think Oxios + Memmaid is a little redundant, but that's just my opinion.
5th - Try adjusting your pagepool to get more free memory. I have mine set to 4.

Now you have a few additional options as well. You can
1 - Cook another 21501 using some of my recommendations above.
2 - You can use my ROM with the stuff I like to cook in.
3 - You can use someone else's ROM with what they like to cook in
4 - You can use Mattsm's barebones ROM and add your own program
5 - You can learn to add the files to PPC Kitchen and cook the ROM to your liking
6 - You can use JDume's kitchen on this forum and cook your own; it's all set and ready to cook 23001.

That's about all I have to help you.

nFiniti 07-02-2009 08:27 PM

Sorry, Back on topic.

rickyrecaro 07-04-2009 03:04 PM

love the rom just wanna get rid of the battery bar on top... any suggestions or im i just not seeing the app???

mattsm 07-04-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrecaro (Post 1014293)
love the rom just wanna get rid of the battery bar on top... any suggestions or im i just not seeing the app???

If you want to get rid of the meters then open total commander and navigate to windows\startup. Delete dcibattery and qwertymemory. Then soft reset.

dcibattery is the top meter.
qwertmemory is the bottom meter.

rickyrecaro 07-04-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattsm (Post 1014312)
If you want to get rid of the meters then open total commander and navigate to windows\startup. Delete dcibattery and qwertymemory. Then soft reset.

thanks just what i was looking for

btonetbone 07-04-2009 06:00 PM

Attention everyone! Apparently, the source files many of us used to build our 23001 ROMs did not include a skin for Windows Media Player. I have found a temporary fix until we all get our butts in gear and recook.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=691

Enjoy!

btonetbone 07-06-2009 01:34 AM

Here's my 23003 build! It's includes very similar programs and tweaks from my previous, but I have removed the Adobe PDF Reader. Download, flash and enjoy!

http://www.4shared.com/file/11623283...tonetbone.html

PS - I am accepting submissions for additional tweaks and/or splash screens you would like to see in future builds!

dmb60614 07-06-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattsm (Post 1014312)

do you know of a way to get rid of the notification that pops up from dcibattery? i occasionally hit the top bar when i am trying to press start and there is a pop up in a different language.

mattsm 07-06-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb60614 (Post 1017484)
do you know of a way to get rid of the notification that pops up from dcibattery? i occasionally hit the top bar when i am trying to press start and there is a pop up in a different language.

Yeah, be more careful where you touch the top bar. LOL just kidding.
We have not looked into yet cause not a big deal. Working on other things.
We have noticed this but just not addressed.

rickyrecaro 07-06-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btonetbone (Post 1016620)
Here's my 23003 build! It's includes very similar programs and tweaks from my previous, but I have removed the Adobe PDF Reader. Download, flash and enjoy!

http://www.4shared.com/file/11623283...tonetbone.html

PS - I am accepting submissions for additional tweaks and/or splash screens you would like to see in future builds!

dangit!!!! lol i just got 23001 running awesome... but thanks for the update

btonetbone 07-06-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrecaro (Post 1017892)
dangit!!!! lol i just got 23001 running awesome... but thanks for the update

It's always a pleasure to give you a project for Monday evenings. Now get flashing! :-D Glad you are enjoying our work.

ayato 07-06-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btonetbone (Post 1017950)
It's always a pleasure to give you a project for Monday evenings. Now get flashing! :-D Glad you are enjoying our work.

Monday evenings....I'd rather spend work time on it and get paid while I flash.

Thanks for all your hard work.

rickyrecaro 07-06-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayato (Post 1018047)
Monday evenings....I'd rather spend work time on it and get paid while I flash.

Thanks for all your hard work.

that sounds even better =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>