PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 06:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC M8
Carrier: Cricket

deddy777 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: Mattsm 6.5 23081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone777 View Post
Hey Guys,

I've been out of the flashing game for about 4 months now and just installed the latest 6.5 ROM (23081).

Much to my surprise, there have been some major changes since I last flashed.
My questions are "what happened to the HTC task manager?" and "is there a shortcut for closing programs other than opening Task Manager and selecting 'End Task'?"

"e-Natives Showcase Suite is Free Finger Friendly and Resource Friendly Task Manager With Professional Skinning and Easy to Use for New Build(s) of Windows Mobile 6.5.x (BUILD 23045+). ShowcaseSuite replace Showcase_X function and implemented into new usage for new Windows Mobile User Interface."

Found here at XDA; http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...03&postcount=3

and here is some other ways of accomplishing close application; http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88851

And for the real nuts and bolts, check out this thread, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...light=showcase

Last edited by deddy777; 11-05-2009 at 06:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:17 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Mattsm 6.5 23081

I have been working on things with my TP2. There is a com5 build that is out and up to par with these com3 build that I have been messing with.
I will build a com5 build tonite or tommorrow. One of which will be a barebones. If I need to build a nonbare bones version then let me know, other wise I will be doing only a bare bones rom only.

Many thanks to all that can assist in this thread while I will be in and out, while still working on TP2 roms out of ppckitchen.(which is going quite nicely)All the TP2 roms that are out now were not built with PPCK.
Many thanks goes to the ppckitchen team for working on this as well.

Please do not be afraid to assist in this thread if you know the answer or even a suggestion.

Thanks

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:30 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

From the com5 branch.

Sprint_23504_Bare

This is the com5 which is very similar to the com3(230xx) builds.

Last edited by mattsm; 11-05-2009 at 11:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Herman)
Carrier: Boost

xiton is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14320/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm
From the com5 branch.

Sprint_23504_Bare

This is the com5 which is very similar to the com3(230xx) builds.
pardon my ignorance, but how do the builds differ between com3 and com5?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:43 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Re: Mattsm 6.5 com5 23504

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiton View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14320/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

pardon my ignorance, but how do the builds differ between com3 and com5?
There are no differences at the moment between them.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC 6800)

devsolution is keeping up the good workdevsolution is keeping up the good work

It appears the the 23504 build has the same blank screen after wakeup problem (which also makes most hardware keys stop working) for me. That is consistent with 23075 and 238081 builds with me. I am proabalby going to go back to 23017 and give it a try. Other than the one problem, it seems to be a good build.

Also, the windows/settings/lock application does not launch (bad link maybe?).

DevSolution

Old 11-06-2009, 09:13 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsolution View Post
It appears the the 23504 build has the same blank screen after wakeup problem (which also makes most hardware keys stop working) for me. That is consistent with 23075 and 238081 builds with me. I am proabalby going to go back to 23017 and give it a try. Other than the one problem, it seems to be a good build.

Also, the windows/settings/lock application does not launch (bad link maybe?).
Have you installed anything? Mine has not failed to wake yet.

As far as the lock feature, it works for me as well. You must put in a pin number for it to work. I don't know it that was normal or not. I never use it. Is yours not even opening up or what? I put a pin in and it allowed me to unlock when I put the correct pin in.

Just remember that this is still the titan phone. IMO the best rom experience so far for the titan is the 6.5 UI which is what the 23017 or even the 21872 builds are.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC 6800)

devsolution is keeping up the good workdevsolution is keeping up the good work

I have not installed anything else on this 23504 rom. I have noticed that once it is in a low memory state the lock applicaiton via start/settings/lock will not activate. The lock application works fine otherwise. My testing procedure is in the Titan forum.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

anton_spaz is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
Once again - THANKS!

Is it much work for you to create the full package? (Your normal "SPRINT" version)? That's the one I prefer
Old 11-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b

How do I readjust the tsk background? With the start menu on bottom, the background top portion is moved to the bottom of the screen. Also, is there any way to increase the size of the highlighted area of the desktop? I would like it to fill the entire desktop (minus the top and bottom bar area). This would kind of hide the other items on the desktop except for the one that is being looked at.

Its a nice ROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development