PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 03:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

amcare5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Installling roms Help!!!

I know I'm going to be made fun of, but how do I install a new rom? I have a xv6800 that has a rom on it, but not sure what it is. Is there a way to find out what it is? Is it best to do a hard reset before installing another rom?

Last edited by amcare5; 03-12-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Lurker

star69 is a n00b
Re: Installling roms Help!!!

Don't feel bad, I'm an idiot too. I have been trying to figure this out for the past 3 weeks and I can't seem to get anywhere.

If anyone has instructions for dummies, please send them my way as I'd really appreciate it.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

daytonboi2004 is a n00b

I too would like to know...I use to do this all the time with my XV6700 but it seems much has changed since those days. I'm curious as to why i must flash a radio onto my phone. And is there any way that it can be made into the kitchen so wouldn't have to go through all the changes. I really want to get this stock rom off and put the things that i would actually use on it. Any help would be much obliged.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800, Imagio

WorkerB is just getting started

I strongly recommend that you go to the post at the top of this forum page titled "Where are all the stickies? In here." Here is the link:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32382
The first post in the thread is the upgrading guide by GAmedic. It is complete and straightforward. It explains the how and why of upgrading your PPC.
The primary reason to replace the radio on the earlier versions of the 6800 is to get the GPS working. The most recent ones, at least from Verizon, have a newer radio ROM and can be tweaked to get the GPS working without replacing the radio.
Good luck!

WorkerB
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

daytonboi2004 is a n00b

okay let me get this straight...i have Verizon radio 3.37.75...GPS enabled. I don't need to update my radio at all at this point or am i misreading GA's guide?
Old 03-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: Cricket

GP-1 is a n00b

Best advice is to read,and alot.Here as well as Howard forums and xda-developers all have good articles on unlocking and flashing.Read as well on articles such as "stuck on boot screen" and things like that so that you can learn from what happened and how to fix it.I locked up my phone on the first flash,took 5 days to figure it out and fix it,not to mention the stress and all due to lack of reading,I jumped in to quick.And beware being a noob such as myself,if you have to ask a dumb question thats been answered before-be prepared for a slew of smartass answers from the guru's around here.Most are here to help but take the time to read and fully understand the process-alot less headache.That being said I'm only over in springfield if you need any help
Old 03-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: Cricket

GP-1 is a n00b

Oh and daytonboi,I assume you are on verizon.If you are wanting to get the gps working there are specific threads on that at xda.The radio you have should be fine.If you click start then settings then system.Click on the device info icon then click the hardware tab at the bottom of the screen,that screen will show you rom version and date as well as radio version.If you have the unit powered off,hold power and camera buttons at the same time this will put it in bootloader,read the top of the tricolor bars will be your spl.If it says something like 2.06 or 2.07 it is locked,if it says olipro 2.40 or nuespl 2.47 it's already unlocked.Then pop the battery out for a few seconds to get it out of bootloader.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development