PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch

guyqt2010 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MEID on Titan/Vogue

I have written the MEID inccorectly in Dec form. I can't change it and I have no service. Someone please help.

How can I reverse it?
How do I calculate the MEID into Hex form from the A1xxxxx format to do it right?
Old 11-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC diamond
Carrier: metro pcs

tjgp360 is a n00b

wow im really lost i thought i had it at first but the 0x2A thing threw me off. So..... when i put the meid in am i suppose to use 0x2A (Sprint Mogul), am i suppose to erase the E*N or does it matter ?, am i suppose to use the Hex or Dec (i read the post that said Hex but will it work for titan?), i changed it once(using HEX) then it said i was on the 1x network but when i made phone call nothing happened so i changed it using 0x2A now it boots with phone off and says i have no signal and when i try to change it again it says write only (this will be the third time) so yea to sum it up i can get into the phone but what it the correct way to get a meid functioning.

Last edited by tjgp360; 11-18-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Lurker

guyqt2010 is a n00b

Does anyone have any experience reversing an incorrect MEID input on the vogue?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyqt2010 View Post
Does anyone have any experience reversing an incorrect MEID input on the vogue?
Yes flash a pregps radio and start over as if a brand new device..

ROM's
OEM's
CAB's

If something is password protected do not ask for the password as you will not get it. If you do not already know it you are not supposed to.

Remember to give thanks to those owed.......
no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill

Without all of whom none of this would be possible.

Donate to me!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Lurker

guyqt2010 is a n00b

Nexvision, THANK YOU!! I do believe I owe you a beer. I've heard that downgrading radio from 3.xx to pre-gps (1.xx or 2.xx) can be dangerous. Do you have any recommendations on a right way to do it or a way it has worked for you?
Old 11-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have done this method on roughly 8 devices now with no ill effects. Here is my method flash relocker when it tells u to unplug and plug device back in DO NOT. Let unlocker fail then flash 2x shipped ROM (shipped rom comes in for of .exe and contains Radio and ROM) now this flash should also fail between 4-11% no big deal hit reset u will see your still in bootloader but now your SPL has changed now rerun .exe (shipped rom) will flash succesfully this time and you will have a device the way it was shipped to you.

NOW OF COURSE ANYTHING U DO IS AT YOUR OWN RISK JUST CAUSE IT HAS WORKED FOR ME OR OTHERS DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOUR SUCCESS.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC diamond
Carrier: metro pcs

tjgp360 is a n00b

when i enter the meid on the titan theres no effect, am i suppose to enter a pESN since its ESN based?
Old 11-30-2008, 05:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Sprint

jparks29 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post

Regarding ESN changing being illegal, see : http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...=2002&TYPE=PDF

I am in the process of getting some letters typed up to get the FCC to change this outdated law which really serves no purpose. Interestingly, 47 CFR 22.919 makes it illegal for a phone manufacturer to update the firmware, see 47 CFR 22.919(c) in relevant part:

"Cellular mobile equipment must be designed such that any attempt
to remove, tamper with, or change the ESN chip, its logic system, or firmware originally programmed by the manufacturer will render the mobile transmitter inoperative." (emphasis added)

Wow.. Where to start.. I was reading this, wondering what n00b was going to go so far as saying a firmware update was illegal, and then realizing it was no2chem, WTF?! You should know better.

You need to read the ENTIRE section, not just part of a sentence, you're missing a KEY portion.

Quote:
(c) The ESN must be factory set and
must not be alterable, transferable, re-
movable or otherwise able to be manip-
ulated. Cellular mobile equipment
must be designed such that any at-
tempt to remove, tamper with, or
change the ESN chip, its logic system,
or firmware originally programmed by
the manufacturer will render the mo-
bile transmitter inoperative.
The purpose of that section was to eliminate/reduce cloned ESNs, and it CLEARLY states that any attempt to change '.. the ESN chip, it's (the ESN chip) logic system...' etc MUST render the mobile transmitter inoperative. You forget that phones made when the law was put in place used PROM/EPROM/EEPROM to store data, not hooked up to some snazzy computer with a USB cable and hacked software. Firmware INCLUDED things such as tuning data, frequency and channel assignments, and the ELECTRONIC SERIAL NUMBER. The LAW says that should the ESN storage system be modified or removed, that it DISABLE the transmitter, Ie it won't work on the network. The way it was implemented in most systems was a checksum, a value derived from the known value created by the ESN. The ESN changes, and therefore the checksum is no longer valid, hence, the device enters into a 'dumb' mode, where it does nothing, meeting the requirements of the FCC to disable the transmitter when the ESN is changed. Obviously equipment manufacturers needed ways to program the phones, so they knew how to change the ESN while changing the checksum as well, that info inevitably leaks out, and 'hackers' reverse engineered the phones to see how things worked...

.....All this before TDMA/CDMA/GSM even existed......

AMPS (Analog Mobile Phone System) was the name of the game back in the day, which is what the laws were aimed at, at the time.

- FCC licensed tech.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01

cool works.

late,
Coz
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Old 12-11-2008, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

Pir8Man is keeping up the good workPir8Man is keeping up the good work

why would I want MEID on my phone? (besides for fun)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development