PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 03:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Wireless

oodayvidoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS problem please help.

chi vinh,

DO NOT DO STEP 3 that you just listed of what you did... meaning DO NOT reflash the titan radio 3.27. that's what STEP 1 (official sprint rom) does... the original sprint rom carries the 3.42.02 radio with it. but it you CANNOT let the customizations run on the sprint rom. that's how you get the 3.42 radio for the XV6800. if you perform the steps EXACTLY how i mentioned it before in my previous post you should be fine. do not include any other steps!!!

dcd 3.2.6 is only compatible with radio 3.35+ and in what you just told me you did was flash radio 3.42, then run dcd 3.2.6, then flashed back to radio 3.27 meaning you just upgraded then downgraded!

stick to the steps i listed and you'll be fine!

hope that helps!!!

Last edited by oodayvidoo; 10-05-2008 at 03:19 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:04 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah don't flash 3.27. D'oh!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

deboy_001 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_vinh View Post
Hi oodayvidoo. I try to follow your step but my phone still not work, here are those step i did

1. Flash orginal Sprint "RUU_TITIAN_SPRINT_WWE_3.35.651.2" and ater it done do SOFT RESET to go back to the tri-color screen (bootloader) before it customizations run....
2. Flash "dcd_titan_3.2.6"
3. Then Flash Radio "Titan_Radio_ROM_3.27.75" by using SD Memory to flash.
4. Install the Verizon carrier cab after install done turn off phone and turn back on.
5. Then setup for "Official Verizon xv6800 aGPS Fix" from 1-19
PDE IP Address: 66.174.95.132
PDE Port Number: 8888
PDE Transport: IP
Position Calculation: PDE
And install GC Verizon aGPS.cab after it done turn off phone and turn it back.
And set "Location On"
6. Next install Garmin TX into the phone.
First I try to setup "Use Serial GPS with COM4" then not work
Second I try setup "Use GPS Intermediate Driver" then not work too.

1. First try to open Garmin TX without connect to "Verizon data by dial #777" Do I need to connect while I open it?
2. Second try connect "Verizon data" same time open with Garmin but still not luck.

So Do you have any idea or do I miss any step?
Have you figured out yoru problem yet? I think you might have run the MR1 update first and not just the radio. If you did that, then you will need to reflash back to the original stock before you can get gps working on the custom roms. Then go directly to custom from the original stock and then do your agps fix and you should be fine. I had that problem too and it is resolved. Use this link to get back to the original stock http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21161
Old 10-06-2008, 01:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW 6850
Carrier: VZW

BigDASH is a n00b

I just set my phone up today and I have GPS working.

The steps i took were as follows.

Flashed to the official MR1 VZW Update. (I had to call VZW to get another A-Key)
Unlocked the Phone
Via a SD card formatted to fat32 ran the 3.42.50 radio update.
Ran the GPS CAB at the botton of the thread you were in and it worked like a charm!

I'm sitting at my desk and I have 6 GPS locks and I get lock in between 5 and 15 seconds. Using Google Maps.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Threadstarter

chi_vinh is a n00b

Hey deboy_001 thanks for you idea. I have try to flash back original ROM with the step you told me to do. It work perfect on Custom dcd 3.2.6 Radio 3.42.50. Right now my Garmin TX work very good. Thank you so much for all of you guys.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Wireless

oodayvidoo is a n00b

no prob... dang! i totally forgot about the MR1 step. i didn't know you flashed to the official vzw rom that's why. well, i'm glad it works for you.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:27 AM
Lurker

gambling is a n00b

There are instances when the phone will pass our extensive testing process but a specific feature may not meet the standard. We will often choose to introduce the phone without that feature but ask that the manufacturer come back to us with revised software that has to be tested to make sure the service works the same across our entire wireless footprint --from Maine to Hawaii. In the case of open standalone GPS, we are partnering with the Windows Mobile device manufacturers to provide a software upgrade that will add this capability to the existing assisted GPS capability. This is a complex development project to provide open standalone GPS while maintaining the assisted GPS capability.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambling View Post
There are instances when the phone will pass our extensive testing process but a specific feature may not meet the standard. We will often choose to introduce the phone without that feature but ask that the manufacturer come back to us with revised software that has to be tested to make sure the service works the same across our entire wireless footprint --from Maine to Hawaii. In the case of open standalone GPS, we are partnering with the Windows Mobile device manufacturers to provide a software upgrade that will add this capability to the existing assisted GPS capability. This is a complex development project to provide open standalone GPS while maintaining the assisted GPS capability.
Thats very nice verbage but who is all this "we", "us" and "our" you keep mentioning?
Old 01-21-2009, 08:00 AM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Thats very nice verbage but who is all this "we", "us" and "our" you keep mentioning?
you and him....lol

j/k i dont even know you, all i know is that you bring back alll the titan topics back to the main page
Old 04-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: no any
Carrier: US DSL

criminallawyer is a n00b

Hey guys..i really need help and kinda confused. I have been reading threads about this topic but none really helped (well really solve the problems). Plus, there were other stuff in the threads and not really focusing on just the Verizon OMNIA i910 owners. So I guess hopefully this thread will do that. Alright, I have the new OMNIA i910 from Verizon for about a month now and I love it. Except for the GPS program/software/setting...whichever lol. I have tried downloading different kind of GPS apps such as GOOGLE MAPS, WINDOW LIVE SEARCH, TERRACORSSER and GARMIN XT MOBILE. I have tried to upload programs/apps that will make/help these programs to work and nothing. Im still having problems using the GPS program. The programs are running fine just not the GPS itself. Like it would not FIND MY CURRENT LOCATION...I know all my settings are set correctly. So please help....any suggestion or solution please share them to our Verizon OMNIA owners.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development