PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird A2DP re-connect problem...

First off, I'm using the NueRom 206 Unified Kitchen currently, although I recall I had this problem with ppckitchen "stock" 20931 as well.

I'm a big advocate of the stereo bluetooth Advanced Audio Distribution profile (A2DP), having a receiver installed in both of my cars as well as a couple of headsets and my home stereo.

One thing WM has never been very good at is initializing a connection to the stereo headset- some a2dp sets will initialize it for you, but otherwise you have to go into bluetooth settings, press-and-hold on the headset name for a context menu, and select "set as wireless stereo".

Not the fastest or simplest procedure in the world, but after that your music/full stereo will come out of the bluetooth speakers until one of the devices is turned off / disconnected.

The problem is, I recently noticed that this doesn't work anymore. I have to actually delete the device from the list, put it into pairing mode and reconnect to my phone in order to get a stereo connection. This is very annoying, and makes what was an annoying procedure before, simply impractical to use on a regular basis.

The odd thing is that connections initiated from the receiver work (my car stereo inits from a button on the stereo), its just starting it from the phone that doesn't.

I'm not sure if its nuerom or 931 that's causing the problem, but I KNOW everything worked fine in 20755.

Any other A2DP users notice this?
Old 12-29-2008, 02:18 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Weird A2DP re-connect problem...

i use btIO to turn my bluetooth on/off right off my today screen.

another little program that i use is this a2dp toogle

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...oggle-1-0.html
that's p[robably your best choice
Old 12-30-2008, 02:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes, I'm familiar with A2DP toggle, but that only reconnects to the last device used, which apparently isn't my problem.

I actually spoke to the author of A2DPtoggle in his XDA thread, and he confirmed that this will not allow you to choose which device you connect to, it only knows the last device used which makes it USELESS if you own multiple headsets.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

n8mack33 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
First off, I'm using the NueRom 206 Unified Kitchen currently, although I recall I had this problem with ppckitchen "stock" 20931 as well.

I'm a big advocate of the stereo bluetooth Advanced Audio Distribution profile (A2DP), having a receiver installed in both of my cars as well as a couple of headsets and my home stereo.

One thing WM has never been very good at is initializing a connection to the stereo headset- some a2dp sets will initialize it for you, but otherwise you have to go into bluetooth settings, press-and-hold on the headset name for a context menu, and select "set as wireless stereo".

Not the fastest or simplest procedure in the world, but after that your music/full stereo will come out of the bluetooth speakers until one of the devices is turned off / disconnected.

The problem is, I recently noticed that this doesn't work anymore. I have to actually delete the device from the list, put it into pairing mode and reconnect to my phone in order to get a stereo connection. This is very annoying, and makes what was an annoying procedure before, simply impractical to use on a regular basis.

The odd thing is that connections initiated from the receiver work (my car stereo inits from a button on the stereo), its just starting it from the phone that doesn't.

I'm not sure if its nuerom or 931 that's causing the problem, but I KNOW everything worked fine in 20755.

I'm having the exact same issue on my Touch Pro with this device:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DLVI%26ps%3D54

It works awesome when I first pair it, including the AVRCP (allows you to skip songs using the controls on the earpiece). But it doesn't pair again after that. I end up deleting the profile and then pairing it again. I was going to return it, but it sounds like it might be the device after reading a thread in the Touch Pro forum. A dongle program is NOT a good way to go for me, since it just relays the audio through the hands free profile. You can see the icon at the top of the screen and it is supposed to use audio through the wireless stereo profile, not the hand free profile. I presume this would also not take advantage of the AVRCP profile.

Let me know if you figure out a solution! I'll do the same...
Old 01-16-2009, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post

I had this issue also when using dcd latest rom, I have since flashed to the ppc kitcen 20931 or whatever and it seems to me working great currently. Other then that it just seems like the issue went away for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development