View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 02:09 PM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird A2DP re-connect problem...

First off, I'm using the NueRom 206 Unified Kitchen currently, although I recall I had this problem with ppckitchen "stock" 20931 as well.

I'm a big advocate of the stereo bluetooth Advanced Audio Distribution profile (A2DP), having a receiver installed in both of my cars as well as a couple of headsets and my home stereo.

One thing WM has never been very good at is initializing a connection to the stereo headset- some a2dp sets will initialize it for you, but otherwise you have to go into bluetooth settings, press-and-hold on the headset name for a context menu, and select "set as wireless stereo".

Not the fastest or simplest procedure in the world, but after that your music/full stereo will come out of the bluetooth speakers until one of the devices is turned off / disconnected.

The problem is, I recently noticed that this doesn't work anymore. I have to actually delete the device from the list, put it into pairing mode and reconnect to my phone in order to get a stereo connection. This is very annoying, and makes what was an annoying procedure before, simply impractical to use on a regular basis.

The odd thing is that connections initiated from the receiver work (my car stereo inits from a button on the stereo), its just starting it from the phone that doesn't.

I'm not sure if its nuerom or 931 that's causing the problem, but I KNOW everything worked fine in 20755.

Any other A2DP users notice this?