PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 10:39 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrothug View Post
I downloaded the new Bell Titan Radio rom 2.42.50 for the vogue bell touch.
2.42.50 - wait did you mean 3.42.50 - just checking...

Quote:
ok i got the MSL # then dailed ##778# and was in EPST and went to edit mode at this point it asked for password i typed in the MSL number and in the MSID setting changed the phone number to my own.

At this point I can revieve calls and sent text messages, I still cant make calls and I still cant get data to work.

Might check w/ Bell and just tell 'em you ran their update and see if they can give you the settings to fix it

Last edited by puff; 09-08-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: bell htc 6800
Carrier: bell

astrothug is a n00b

i got everything working except receiving calls... will play around before I phone tech support.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:35 PM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
i got everything working except receiving calls... will play around before I phone tech support.
gotcha know the feeling... whatever you figure out - post your results
Old 09-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: bell htc 6800
Carrier: bell

astrothug is a n00b

hi guys everything is working it turned out it was a dialer that caused the issue. I have to say thanks to this board everything I needed to fix my phone was found here.......
Old 09-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Excellent astro. Glad you got it figured out. I reccommend the dialers by Carlos. They work great for me.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 09-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

kinger2 is a n00b

Just a quick question. Has anyone used the autorun feature in the kitchen, and should you allow the the cabs that are in the ext rom to run at bootup? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Ditch Doctor
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I have not used Autorun. I have used Tierautoinstall, with it you have to have the cabs you want installed placed on the root of the storage card. When you ask should you let the cabs that are in extended ROM to run do you mean the customizatins? If you are building a ROM with the kitchen the custimizations won't attempt to run. They don't with mine. I am not sure if the auto install programs tries to install from the extrom.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

kinger2 is a n00b

Yes the customizations. With autorun it runs the customization cabs that are in the ext rom just like the original rom. I was just wondering if it hurts to let these run or not.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:08 PM
the magic mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinger2 View Post
Yes the customizations. With autorun it runs the customization cabs that are in the ext rom just like the original rom. I was just wondering if it hurts to let these run or not.

As long as they are the customizations from your carrier, then you should be ok, however there are times when u dont want customizations to run, for example some sprint users like myself hate the install of all the sprint bloatware... and then there's some carrier customizations that mess things up like the verizon GPS upgrade (which if you run customizations it will hose GPS unless you are using VZW nav)... other than that though i can't think of any other reason not to install customizations...

so basically it's up to you
Old 09-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife

i hate bloat ware!!! lol

~chevy
Radio: 3.42.50

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development