PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueROM 2.2 Bleeding Edge General Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
yea, I figured. that does remind me though, I wanted to get a peltier and come up with a good way to mount it to the phone or vis-versa. my van doesn't have A/C and I always have one phone sitting on my dash running Navizon, using gps, cell, and wifi. hot potato anyone..
pletiers generate extra heat and unless you are exhausting that heat somehow with a heatsink and/or rapidly blowing air you will end up with an even hotter phone and/or a melted dash.... not to mention you will have to find a way to power hook it up to your car's power....
Old 07-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
Do you think the wifi is fried?
The wifi on my mogul is clearly fried. When the phone is hotno wifi. When thye phone is cold plenty of wifi.

K
Old 07-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey guys -

I know no2chem is working on getting a firm project outline setup for nueROM and one of the things mentioned was an issue tracker... I noticed a similar problem for colonel in the Titan 20270 GPS kitchen thread... I posted this recommondation there but wanted to bring it to you guys' (no2chem) attention as well.. I think multiple people on this board could benefit from this little add-on to vbulletin... it's very nice because it integrates with the board and its users so you would be good to go right out of the box practically and no need for external sites...

there are TONS of projects going on here... not just in the titan arena.

not sure who owns this site but it would be very easy to get this setup... food for thought.

http://www.vbulletin.com/features_project.php
Old 07-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

jyoungidy is a n00b

Hey guys, I called Alltel about the wifi issue. They're sending me a new phone...apparently, the wifi is fried...
Old 07-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoran View Post
Hey guys -

I know no2chem is working on getting a firm project outline setup for nueROM and one of the things mentioned was an issue tracker... I noticed a similar problem for colonel in the Titan 20270 GPS kitchen thread... I posted this recommondation there but wanted to bring it to you guys' (no2chem) attention as well.. I think multiple people on this board could benefit from this little add-on to vbulletin... it's very nice because it integrates with the board and its users so you would be good to go right out of the box practically and no need for external sites...

not sure who owns this site but it would be very easy to get this setup... food for thought.

Great idea. You will want to send a private message to Wideawake (aka. Mike), the site owner.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

Quote:
Hey guys -

I have also offered to host a bug tracker on my hosting account. Something like mantis or trac. I have mantis up and running and I am willing to host for an developer for free.

Kevan
Old 07-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Hey guys -

bug tracking problems hopefully should be a past problem; the new system should allow for automatic bug submission with all important information directly from the device and attributed to a user... its just that the backends and configuration is taking time to setup.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
bug tracking problems hopefully should be a past problem; the new system should allow for automatic bug submission with all important information directly from the device and attributed to a user... its just that the backends and configuration is taking time to setup.
Sounds great! Can't wait to see the new infrastructure in place. You've been workin' hard over there on SOMETHING!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm sure no2chem is much more up on this stuff than me, but just in case (and maybe someone else will find this interesting), there have been some more updates on driver progress at htcclassaction.org. One interesting part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCClassAction.org

Porting to other MSM7x00 devices
Many MSM7x00 based HTC devices have not had an official WM 6.1 upgrade yet. Rumor is they will be coming for a bunch of these in August / September. As far as we know, there is NO 6.0 ROM that is compatible with these drivers. As for the upcoming 6.1 ROMs, here are the telltale signs of possible compatibility:
  • DDI.DLL exports UpdateByCopy function
  • DDI.DLL exports UpdateByFlip function
  • DDI.DLL depends on DISPTOOLS.DLL
If those are present, the drivers may just work out of the box. If not, then they won't. For those ROMs that do not have this, a smart chef [edit by bedoig: aka no2chem - the smartest chef I know ] just may be able to port the Kaiser's DDI.DLL and all dependancies. (Good luck with that!)
They have also reportedly gotten a QVGA Manilla running at about 20fps using their drivers. Good stuff.

Last edited by bedoig; 07-29-2008 at 11:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuffgc14 knows their stuff

I'm not too familiar with n2c's roms, so can anyone tell me the latest bleeding edge release NOT based on aku 1.3? I'd like to test out a n2c rom, but I deal with tons of email on a daily basis for work and cannot suffer from the "cannot select more than 1 message at a time" bug that comes along with aku 1.3. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development