PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

bokufala is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy b00n needs help on first flash for VZW XV6800

I've spent 2 days absorbing everything I can here and here's what I've settled on for my first flash

1. 2.40 Unlocker
2. 3.39 (3.49) radio
3. a modified no2chems 5067 through OSBuild

I believe I understand to get info from my device before flashing, hard reset, run the unlocker first, radio 2nd (make sure to do soft reset before customizations run). I'm running into a problem through getting my system rom.

I've downloaded OSbuild, ran the updater and got the 5067 selections and rar from the updater. However when I open up the 5067 project I get an error:

----------
duplicate GUID.

module: HTC OEM Camera 4
module: HTC Titan Camera

GUID: cf98ac92-e866-4d14-a90c-d8ab926e2d18
----------

When I click ok none of the selections on the list module list stay and I have no idea what to select and whats required for the device to work? Can anyone help?

In the end I want a snappy device, with plam threaded sms, gps capability with garmin or tomtom, wifi locator/scanner, working dialer. I'll play around with other stuff.

Any suggestions or help for the b00n. I have no idea what I need to select in the kitchen.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by bokufala; 07-01-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff
Re: b00n needs help on first flash for VZW XV6800

well your gps will be enabled once you update your radio. you can always just go to the ftp and download the 3.39 radio only file and flash that- so you dont have to worry about risking running the sprint customizations (besides i think its easier). after that it doesnt matter what rom you have, your gps should work.

pretty much any rom you flash now will have threaded sms. as long as its a WM6.1 it will have it.

as for the kitchen im sure other people know the answer to your problems, but it seems like there are two OEM's for each of those camera files in your OEM folder. on your computer, if you go into C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\USER_OEM and if you see files for the vogue and titan camera delete them. they are already included in the kitchen and you dont need to put them in that folder.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bokufala is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
well your gps will be enabled once you update your radio. you can always just go to the ftp and download the 3.39 radio only file and flash that- so you dont have to worry about risking running the sprint customizations (besides i think its easier). after that it doesnt matter what rom you have, your gps should work.

pretty much any rom you flash now will have threaded sms. as long as its a WM6.1 it will have it.

as for the kitchen im sure other people know the answer to your problems, but it seems like there are two OEM's for each of those camera files in your OEM folder. on your computer, if you go into C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\USER_OEM and if you see files for the vogue and titan camera delete them. they are already included in the kitchen and you dont need to put them in that folder.
Sweet great idea about downloading radio only. Would you happen to have a link to the FTP radio only download.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

kashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to kashabrown

Bokufala,

Select one of each thing that's necessary - i.e. - one dialer, one keyboard, etc. Also, look at the dates of some of the items, I have stayed away from the older stuff. I might also suggest that you read up over at XDAdevelopers.com - they smart guys over there utilize a verizon Titan and I cannot tell you how they have helped me over the last few months.

I am constantly switching between roms to find just what I want, and currently am using the 5067 no2chem build as you are attempting to now.

PM me (I leave this site open all day at work) if you have specific questions, I would be happy to steer you in the right direction.

Good luck!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

kashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to kashabrown

Bokufala - the latest radio rom is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=403280
Old 07-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bokufala is a n00b

Great thanks for the quick link and thanks to both of you. I'll update and let you all know how it goes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development