PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Titan Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   nueSPL Relocker 2.07 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30560)

no2chem 06-29-2008 05:41 AM

nueSPL Relocker 2.07

http://www.weienterprises.com/nue/SPL/relock.pnghttp://www.weienterprises.com/nue/SPL/3.png

nueSPL ReLocker 2.07 is designed to make relocking your SPL much, much easier. Although ImCokeMan created the first relocker for the Titan, this relocker no longer requires activesync, and should reduce problems for vista users. It can even be used by users with MacOS or Linux. You must have a microSD card (included with the phone) to use this method.

This ReLocker is for use with GPS ROMS only. DO NOT USE THIS RELOCKER WITH A NON GPS RADIO.

Hopefully, this reduces the number of devices returned to your carrier with hardSPL on it. I myself was given a refurbished device with "Olipro-2.40" on it. Please remember to relock your device BEFORE returning it to your carrier.

To use, you need to copy the relocker to your device and run it. It is intended to be run from the device, not the computer. Please see the included PDF instructions for complete details, and be sure to READ them before running the update.

Thanks to the testers - colonel00, astainhellbring and lennysh for helping test and diagnose problems. Thanks to cmonex and olipro for advice and direction, and thanks to ImCokeMan for the original ReLocker 1.0 concept. Thanks to pof for JumpSPL.

Find the relocker here:
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pag...HTC-Titan.aspx

kevank 06-29-2008 08:46 AM

Re: nueSPL Relocker 2.07

HTTP mirror of the relocker:

http://www.geek-pages.com/rom/nueSPL-Relocker.rar

Kevan

lafester 06-29-2008 01:15 PM

This relocker does not change the fact that downgrading from a gps rom to a non gps rom is very dangerous and could brick your phone.

Use the re-locker only if your carrier has a stock gps rom to flash to before sending it in.

banzaiwolfe 06-29-2008 01:24 PM

Thanks for this, I'm probably going to need to take my phone in soon for the white spot and keyboard issues so this will be useful.

asenduk 06-29-2008 01:31 PM

might some dumb, but whats the difference between this and 2.47 :disgust:

hindjew 06-29-2008 01:34 PM

I've got Olipro on mine right now, after I use the nueSPL, then use this relocker, will it take it back to Olipro or the carrier locker?

puff 06-29-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hindjew (Post 330904)
I've got Olipro on mine right now, after I use the nueSPL, then use this relocker, will it take it back to Olipro or the carrier locker?

Based on the first post, i think it puts the official 2.07 bootloader...
Someone correct me if im wr0ng, but this is the first relatively 'safe' relock method avail for GPS ROMs !!!
To Clarify: This means you could relock to 2.07 bootloader and install an official rom like 3.35 and have a FACTORY bootloader and ROM
and what i meant by relatively 'safe' is that this can now be done without downgrading the radio

again, Someone correct me if im wr0ng !!! if i'm right, no2chem you rock :headbang:

azclown 06-29-2008 02:57 PM

So what does it put back on for a verizon user? I believe my stock bootloader was like 1.04? My stock ROM was 2.09 with radio 1.30.... Last time I relocked to return a phone I think the relocker put 1.06 back on... can't remember tho....

no2chem 06-29-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPC_N00B (Post 330914)
Based on the first post, i think it puts the official 2.07 bootloader...
Someone correct me if im wr0ng, but this is the first relatively 'safe' relock method avail for GPS ROMs !!!
To Clarify: This means you could relock to 2.07 bootloader and install an official rom like 3.35 and have a FACTORY bootloader and ROM
and what i meant by relatively 'safe' is that this can now be done without downgrading the radio

again, Someone correct me if im wr0ng !!! if i'm right, no2chem you rock :headbang:

that is correct. don't try this on a non-GPS rom. I will add a version check preventing this from being flashed against 1.XX SPLS.

puff 06-29-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azclown (Post 331017)
So what does it put back on for a verizon user? I believe my stock bootloader was like 1.04? My stock ROM was 2.09 with radio 1.30.... Last time I relocked to return a phone I think the relocker put 1.06 back on... can't remember tho....

First, i'd like to point out that bootloaders are NOT carrier specific...

Quote:

Originally Posted by no2chem (Post 330622)
This ReLocker is for use with GPS ROMS only. DO NOT USE THIS RELOCKER WITH A NON GPS RADIO.

second, If your radio isn't 3.XX then DO NOT USE THIS !!!!

*edit* To further elaborate: If your carrier has a stock GPS enabled ROM then you can now revert to Stock (GPS) Rom thanks to no2chem, however if your carrier doesnt have stock GPS enabled ROM, then this process will not work and could very well brick your phone. Say you want to take your Sprint phone in to the store for exchange/repair, you can run this to downgrade your SPL back to 2.07, then flash 3.35 and you have a Stock GPS capable Sprint Mogul !!! Now since verizon doesn't have a Stock GPS (at least not that i know of) this process will no work, so please dont try it - Thanks. Note: An SPL version check will be added, but my understanding is that no2 didnt include it with this beta release, so you could run this on a non-GPS radio (1.XX Radio) and bootloader (1.XX bootloader) and really cause some issues, so again - DONT DO IT !!!

azclown 06-29-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPC_N00B (Post 331135)
First, i'd like to point out that bootloaders are NOT carrier specific...

second, If your radio isn't 3.XX then DO NOT USE THIS !!!!

*edit* To further elaborate: If your carrier has a stock GPS enabled ROM then you can now revert to Stock (GPS) Rom thanks to no2chem, however if your carrier doesnt have stock GPS enabled ROM, then this process will not work and could very well brick your phone. Say you want to take your Sprint phone in to the store for exchange/repair, you can run this to downgrade your SPL back to 2.07, then flash 3.35 and you have a Stock GPS capable Sprint Mogul !!! Now since verizon doesn't have a Stock GPS (at least not that i know of) this process will no work, so please dont try it - Thanks. Note: An SPL version check will be added, but my understanding is that no2 didnt include it with this beta release, so you could run this on a non-GPS radio (1.XX Radio) and bootloader (1.XX bootloader) and really cause some issues, so again - DONT DO IT !!!

thx , that was what I was thinking.... since Verizon hasn't given us an updated ROM with GPS and new Radio, we can't use this SPL....

lafester 06-29-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azclown (Post 331191)
thx , that was what I was thinking.... since Verizon hasn't given us an updated ROM with GPS and new Radio, we can't use this SPL....

you can use the unlocker to flash custom roms.
you just can't go back to stock until verizon releases a gps rom.

Bad Sector 07-02-2008 10:10 AM

Please Help!
I need to revert to Sprint bootloader. My problem here is that my phone, if I hit soft-reset or any reset, will put me into 2.40.Olipro bootloader.
The first time this happened, I was able to use the exit bootloader to kick me back out, but if I reset it would be stuck again. The exit bootloader worked a couple of times, then it stopped being able to kick me out. It would run, the phone would reboot, but come right back up to bootloader.

So then I found the MTTY and tried that w/ set 16 0 and then task 8. I got the same results i was getting from Exit bootloader, no good. So i read up on the MTTY commands and saw the set 14 0 as well. So I did both of those set commands then the task 8. And again it rebooted in bootloader, so I took out the battery, unhooked usb, put the battery back in and plug into the USB... this time it did not immediatly go into boot loader but the yellow charging light came on, so I hit the power button and WM6.1 started like it should.

I then had to reset again for some reason and it kicked me to bootloader again, so I used the same process as before and it worked again w/ no problems. So I thought I had an out...

But of course.. something happened and I had to reset, I get stuck in bootloader, and NONE of my previous methods work now. I can't even flash the ROM now...

So I'm thinking something is wrong w/ my USB port (Tried on 3 computer, 3 different cables) on my phone. Is there a way for me to run this re-locker from the SD card in bootloader? Or does anyone else have any suggestions?

I have tried to put the TITAIMG.nbh onto the SD card and reload a rom that way, but EVERY time the bootloader will pop on the screen "No Image Found" real fast then go back to bootloader. I have tried with a 2 gig and 512meg (came w/ sprint 6800) and formatting via DOS commands I saw posted.... it still refuses to see the image file....

I'm at my wits end, and about to bash this thing :(

Bad Sector 07-02-2008 12:39 PM

Ok, managed to get out of Bootloader by hooking up the splitter for some unknown reason.. didn't even run exit bootloader or mtty, but it kicked me out.. So I installed this relocker and now it is stopped at the "Loading...."

I will give it a few minutes and then just try to reset, but It did show the bootloader as 2.07.

Bad Sector 07-02-2008 12:50 PM

So it stayed at "Loading..." for a long time and did nothing.. but bootloader looks good.

So I removed the files added by the relocker on the SD card and put on the latest sprint .nbh file, hit reset and it's off to the races installing!!!!

Thanks alot for this no2! You will have my donation very soon :)

Bad Sector 07-02-2008 01:14 PM

My phone still will reboot into Bootloader everytime I hit a soft-reset. But now I can get out of it (for a while... i guess until something else changes) just by pulling the battery, disconnect usb, put the battery back in, plug in the ubs/headphone splitter to phone, then plug usb from pc into phone usb splitter. That will cause the phone to flash red light on top right indicator for 1 sec, then it goes off and after about 3 seconds the yellow light will come on. Then I can just hit the power button and it will boot.

So atleast now I can try to get an exchange for warranty on this thing... i'm thinking that's my best bet.

Thanks again though! And if you can figure out anything to help me with this problem, please let me know.

puff 07-03-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Sector (Post 334323)

So atleast now I can try to get an exchange for warranty on this thing... i'm thinking that's my best bet.

Thanks again though! And if you can figure out anything to help me with this problem, please let me know.

I would exchange it! I've never had that problem

joshkeller77 07-05-2008 11:49 PM

Changing to 1.20 after using nueSPL

So here is the question, I used nueSPL and upgraded to 2.47. Once I do this, I want to go back to 1.20 but am having problems. I don't want to be causing any problems but want to be sure that I can reload 1.20 (relocker) then reload the stock rom. Is that not possible after using this tool?

puff 07-05-2008 11:56 PM

Re: Changing to 1.20 after using nueSPL

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshkeller77 (Post 337778)
So here is the question, I used nueSPL and upgraded to 2.47. Once I do this, I want to go back to 1.20 but am having problems. I don't want to be causing any problems but want to be sure that I can reload 1.20 (relocker) then reload the stock rom. Is that not possible after using this tool?

no. this is to downgrade your SPL/Bootloader to 2.07
then you can flash a Stock GPS Rom, for warranty and such (w/out downgrading the Radio)
although to use this method, your carrier must have a Stock GPS Rom

joshkeller77 07-06-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPC_N00B (Post 337785)
no. this is to downgrade your SPL/Bootloader to 2.07
then you can flash a Stock GPS Rom, for warranty and such (w/out downgrading the Radio)
although to use this method, your carrier must have a Stock GPS Rom

That is my fear for Verizon users. We are talking about this on XDA right now. For those who have used nueSPL and have upgraded to DCD or no2chem, they are basically screwed and have no options but to take back the phone with a GPS rom on the phone right?

puff 07-06-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshkeller77 (Post 337795)
That is my fear for Verizon users. We are talking about this on XDA right now. For those who have used nueSPL and have upgraded to DCD or no2chem, they are basically screwed and have no options but to take back the phone with a GPS rom on the phone right?

If you are going to return it, exchange or whatnot, for warranty reasons, then you can always take the chance downgrading your Radio, to return to stock. Of course you stand the chance of bricking your device, but you can always claim it failed during a firmware flash (the truth lol)

To my knowledge, this is the only 'return to factory' option if your carrier doesn't have stock GPS Rom.

Bad Sector 07-06-2008 11:09 PM

PPC Noobs, I just called the store after fixing to relocked and said the NEW sprint rom keeps kicking me into bootloader after I updated it Tuesday :) That worked... after a fashion... but in the end, I got me a new mogul :)

puff 07-06-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Sector (Post 338553)
PPC Noobs, I just called the store after fixing to relocked and said the NEW sprint rom keeps kicking me into bootloader after I updated it Tuesday :) That worked... after a fashion... but in the end, I got me a new mogul :)

Good to hear, hope u have better luck with the replacement

rchittenden 07-15-2008 12:18 AM

I have verizon xv6800. Lot of forums to read through, just wanted to update loader then put gps on the phone. I put No2Chem's bootloader 2.47. When the screen goes blank or I hit the power button to blank the screen, It will not turn the screen back on when I hit the power button again. Now, I am confused with the posts above, there are references to unlocking and relocking the spl. Is there something I am missing? I have read alot of the posts. If this bootloader is not for my verizon, is there a way to remove it. I can't recieve calls once the screen turns off. I have to soft reset it each time.

Thank you in advance for your help.

huwah2 08-01-2008 04:21 AM

will I also have to re-flash the stock ROM to my titan after completing the re-lock, or will the already installed 3.56 Sprint official ROM still be present on my titan? basically, will it wipe out everything or will it keep the radio and OS the same while only changing back to the stock, locked, bootloader? just wondering how much time this might take since I am having the wonderful white spot develop along with a couple dead pixels and would like to exchange. any input is appreciated on this, thank you

flyers2114 08-01-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huwah2 (Post 367957)
will I also have to re-flash the stock ROM to my titan after completing the re-lock, or will the already installed 3.56 Sprint official ROM still be present on my titan? basically, will it wipe out everything or will it keep the radio and OS the same while only changing back to the stock, locked, bootloader? just wondering how much time this might take since I am having the wonderful white spot develop along with a couple dead pixels and would like to exchange. any input is appreciated on this, thank you

I believe you can do it before or after...myself I would flash back to stock and then re-lock....should be fine after that....

t0mmyr 08-08-2008 12:47 AM

thanks i need this my replacement is enroute and im gonna flash it stock. nueSPL 2.47 ROCKSSS@!

lafester 08-21-2008 09:40 PM

i finally tried relocking tonight... works great!

littlefreak 08-23-2008 01:26 AM

This isnt working.... I have oilpro 2.40... I followed the instructions but it doesnt seem to happen right.

I clicked the program it goes through the checks I hit continue phone resets showing me a bootloader that says 2.07.noChem. But then after that if I reboot or anything its back to bootloader 2.40... and boots up normaly with no changes.

lafester 08-23-2008 10:07 AM

do you have a stock rom on your phone?

littlefreak 08-25-2008 08:40 AM

No I have nueROM on it. hence why i have oilpro 2.40 on it.

bakntyme 08-25-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlefreak (Post 391712)
This isnt working.... I have oilpro 2.40... I followed the instructions but it doesnt seem to happen right.

I clicked the program it goes through the checks I hit continue phone resets showing me a bootloader that says 2.07.noChem. But then after that if I reboot or anything its back to bootloader 2.40... and boots up normaly with no changes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlefreak (Post 393239)
No I have nueROM on it. hence why i have oilpro 2.40 on it.

Maybe I missed something here...but doesn't a custom ROM fail to work properly with a locked bootloader? If you are trying to go back to stock, flash the stock ROM and radio and then the locked bootloader.

lafester 08-25-2008 09:49 PM

exactly my point. you must have a stock rom installed before running the relocker.

akastixx 08-27-2008 10:12 AM

i am unable to get this to work. is it because i'm using an 8 gig card?
i had oli/20270.
i flashed the stock 3.65.
i put the exe in the root of the storage card and ran it.
everything comes out all checks.
when i hit the final continue, it immediately goes to the 2.07No2Chem bootloader and sits there.

soft resetting and the going to bootloader does not work.
putting the exe in the root of the phone did not work.
flashing the stock rom from the 2.07No2Chem bootloader did not work. it changed to oli and then flashed.

akastixx 08-27-2008 04:59 PM

bump. can someone please help me with this. i need to return my phone. it only does calls on speakerphone. i'd rather return it with the stock bootloader.

flyers2114 08-27-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akastixx (Post 396109)
bump. can someone please help me with this. i need to return my phone. it only does calls on speakerphone. i'd rather return it with the stock bootloader.

Yes you need a card 2gb or less...if you have the stock OEM card use that....I use a Sandisk 2gb....

kudvu002 09-19-2008 11:36 AM

So im trading my 6800(alltel) for a touch and the person wanted the phone relocked! So i was running pre 3 and decided that i would just try nuerelocker and figured it was just an updated version! Turns out it took my phone to the stock bootloader for sprint cause when i tried to run my ruu from alltel it failed! I ended up running the old relock from xda and everthing is back to normal at the 1. bootloader from alltel. Panic was in my vocabulary today!

gumbo 11-25-2008 05:34 PM

Can i use this to relock my phone when i used cokeman's unlocker on a vogue/touch?

puff 11-25-2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumbo (Post 542361)
Can i use this to relock my phone when i used cokeman's unlocker on a vogue/touch?

no. this is designed for the Titan/6800 device

lesswork 01-08-2009 03:54 PM

Can anyone confirm if this relocker will work for a vogue100 as well.