PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 10:11 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3xx radio issues on verizion

I have read all the threads about slow radio signal on vzw with a 3xx radio and tried all the posted soultions including refreshing the nam programming and I'm still plagued with this issue and awaiting my 3rd replacement device. Anything that involves a nam change ##778 or any version of an ota provisioning puts my phones in a 30-45 minute searching for signal. My 1st device worked ok with dcd 3.04 and 3.35 radio for a few weeks but an ota prl update a few weeks later caused it to lose radio lock on the towers and the radio would lose signal after a soft reset and go back into the 30-45 min search. The 2nd device which was essentailly brand new 10 min lifetime talk did the same as soon as I got it and I have tested nochem 5060 and dcd 3.04 with the 3.35 and 3.37 radio with the same results (all lose radio signal after soft reset on 2nd device). A close friend that works in data tech support checked my account (knowing im using rev a radio) for the correct features and at the switch and everything is correct. Any other data device 6700 etc works perfect and the stock 1.30.60 vzw radio works perfect. My mogul to vzw conversion for a back up running the same radio 3.35 and dcd 3.04 does not have the same radio issue that my xv6800's do. Does anyone know if there is a slight hardware difference in these or something else to help acquire signal faster and have the radio survive a soft reset with a signal? FYI. I'm in an area with very strong signal coverage so thats not an issue.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 05-06-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Re: 3xx radio issues on verizion

I am assuming you never let the sprint customizations run, that will give your vz phone fits and sezures.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:02 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
I am assuming you never let the sprint customizations run, that will give your vz phone fits and sezures.
Of course not Also I know how to manually epst correct a vzw phone that has had the sprint carrier cabs run on it without reverting it back to stock vzw.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:33 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Just switched to my sprint mogul that I converted to vzw and I'm having none of the radio issues runing the exact same build and radio the xv6800's were. Radio is there immediatley after a *228 and doesn't search for service after a soft reset. Must be a slight hardware difference other than the housing that we are unaware of.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 05-06-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

chirodj5 is just getting started

Have you tried to manually go back to an older PRL?
Old 05-07-2008, 11:33 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Yes, I have manually loaded several prls with no difference.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

azclown is keeping up the good workazclown is keeping up the good work

no hardware differences..... i am on Verizon and have never seen the 'slow radio" issue.... Not sure why your seeing it....
Old 05-08-2008, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

shapiror06 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to shapiror06

I was having the problem w/ DCD 2.3.2 and Radio 3.27.
Just changed to DCD 3.0.4 and Radio 3.35.04 and still having the same problem.

Dialed *228 ran option 2, nothing fixed.
Re-entered MSID and MDN from ##778, nothing fixed.

Anybody know whats going on here?
Old 05-08-2008, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

shapiror06 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to shapiror06

There has to be something software related going on here. If it was just one or two phones, I could see that being defective hardware. But too many people have experienced this.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:57 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Just got my 3rd replacement xv6800 and it was slow to get signal with radio 3.35 then a soft reset forced it back into a 30 min searching for service. Again both my moguls running the same build and radio and operating on vzw do not do this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development