PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 08:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan/mogul
Carrier: Sprint

bertrenolds is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is titan radio rom 3.42.50 still the best for the titan?

Been a while since I've updated my phone and I am wondering if the titan 3.42.50 radio rom is still the best rom available for the sprint titan phone?
Old 02-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Is titan radio rom 3.42.50 still the best for the titan?

Any of the latest will work well. I run 3.42.50 with no issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul

Gian124 is a n00b

Where do you get the 3.42.50 radio ROM?

I've been on the forums for a while, but haven't really been too active...

I am looking to update my Mogul (Sprint) with the 3.42.50 Radio and then build with Windows Mobile 6.5 but I can't seem to find the Radio... and per the sticky, I *think* I need to update the radio first before using one of the software builds.

thank you in advance for any and all help!!!1
Old 02-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level

The radio ROM file is here:

HERE

You need WinRAR or PocketRAR to extract the file.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Lurker

Gian124 is a n00b

Thanks for the link... I tried this on the 2.40 OliPro and I get an invalid application error. I was able to flash to the newest build of WM 6.5, but it won't take the radio for some reason from this image. I still have 3.42.02

I am using the USB connection, just curious if there is something causing the problem... maybe because my microSD is too large? (even though I am not using the SD to update it)
Old 02-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Almost a VIP

You need winrar or pocketrar. A rar file is like a zip (a compressed archive) which needs to be extracted. You cannot run it from your PC like an exe, unless you put the file in an RUU folder. I just flash from the card.

When you extract the file, rename to TITAIMG.nbh if it isn't already and put the file on the root of the 1 gb or less microSDcard. Put the card in the device, put the phone into bootloader by holding power+camera until the tri-color screen comes on and follow the onscreen prompts.

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 02-16-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Lurker

Gian124 is a n00b

Does the Radio update only work with the normal RUU? I have the Olipro 2.40 unlocked version with the WM 6.5 rom cooked (per the sticky).

I tried to use the image via the normal RUU but it says invalid device.

I then tried to put it on a 512MB SD card and the Tricolor screen locks up with a white box in the bottom third that just says

Serial

and it doesn't seem to update.

I can't seem to deduce what is going on.

By the way, HUGE thank you for helping me work through this!!!!

I think I may want to go back to a stock WM 6.1 ROM then do the Radio Update then try the hotfix to patch the timestamp on text messages.

6.5 doesn't do much for me and if I'm stuck with an older radio and no timestamp compatibility, I'd rather take the updated radio with stock 6.1
Old 02-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Almost a VIP

That was my first mod, update the radio on 6.1. Maybe reformat the card (fat32) and try again.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Lurker

Gian124 is a n00b

Yeah, it came down to the format. After I used FAT32, it worked.

The only difficult thing was hunting down my damn stock 512MB card since my data is the 6GB variant.

For some odd reason, I kept getting file explorer to lock up on Win XP while trying to format the microSD.

Thank you for all the help! I hit the *thank* button a few times, not sure if it worked.

Got WM 6.5 & Radio 3.42.50 now
Old 02-17-2010, 12:34 AM
Almost a VIP

Excellent! Play around with 6.5 long enough, and you'll never go back to 6.1.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development