PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

riironman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i still dont really understand this..i have cox cable in my area, if i switch to that server my internet will be faster on my touch?
Old 02-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

kyppcgeek is keeping up the good workkyppcgeek is keeping up the good work
did reg edit.

for the DNS i did a hybrid of my ISP dns and verizon's 4.4.2.1 and gained about 1/2 of my overall old speed.

At home I went from 89kb to 150kb. In town I went from 750kb bursts to 1011kb burts.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
trying this now, cant wait to see the results!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

doned is a n00b
pssst..... A faster DNS server/service only allows you to resolve websites/webpages to their IP (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) addresses faster. A faster DNS server/service does not increase your actual download/upload speed of data.

It may appear faster and DL speeds in timings for a page to be displayed may be faster as the IP address of the site may be returned in half or better of the previous time.

Search for OPENDNS in google, there is more detailed info on that site.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff
Kinda a noob question but i do I install .reg files on the mogul? I couldn't open it with file explorer and i see an import with phm registry editor but nothing to import a .reg file.

Thanks

--EDIT - nevermind missed that you need resco

Last edited by hellraiser_osu; 02-13-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:30 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by doned View Post
pssst..... A faster DNS server/service only allows you to resolve websites/webpages to their IP (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) addresses faster. A faster DNS server/service does not increase your actual download/upload speed of data.
Well I have not changed my DNS since I had a 6700 to lazy I assume. But since you say "A faster DNS server/service only allows you to resolve websites/webpages to their IP (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) addresses faster" would this not be faster web browsing?
I don't think I saw it written any where that it will improve dl speeds.
But by your above statement can I take it you also confirm this loads web pages faster and there for is a fix for the internet lag?

Last edited by Lsme420; 02-13-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

vossco32 is a n00b
Is this a new registry setting that was not there in WM6.0? I have been looking through MSDN and have not yet found reference to it. Could somebody verify they have this setting on something that is not WM6.1?
Old 02-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I have it on 6.0

With that being said it has made zero speed difference for me in throughput. I also have not been able to find any reference to it on MSDN or anywhere else for that matter outside of XDA. Seems a bit odd.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

vossco32 is a n00b
Ok, I understand how a timer wheel works and I can see how this would have a impact on speed but I don't see any indication that WM6.0 uses them in their TCP stack. I was trying to figure out if maybe they were new to WM6.1.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch

tom_brady is a n00b
i did an internet hack/tweak that was suggested by a member (primenall) to make my internet faster when connecting to a page...is this the same thing or a variation but better? i have a TOUCH.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development