PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 05:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

wwing49 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Seriously, you're awesome. A build out the same morning as the release? Damn. Thats fast. Sprint too months to do this any you already are crankin' out builds any you're not even getting paid (well, not nearly enough).

Yeah there are a few bugs but it's fine for the first day. I'd rather have new builds than wait a few weeks to get everything with no kinks.

One suggestion would be to add some type of notation that sets apart the really good stable builds. (5048 or 5049 I forget which, dunno what was before that) This way the people that don't want to be guinea pigs don't have to deal with the bugged versions.

Just sayin'.

Also, props to you for being able to juggle this, school, a girlfriend (I remember the valentine's day update) and whatever else you have going on. You have a great future ahead of you.

If you are in the Chicago area this summer I'll take you out to dinner to show my gratitude.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

anotherv8blazer is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazmanw View Post
How do you have 5053? it isn't even up yet
sorry typo.. i meant 5052
Old 03-10-2008, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tlinuxh4x0r View Post
no2chem send me a copy of the report and I will type it for you! I want that rom!!!

Also please don't remove your stuff especially dotfreds pim backup and regedit.
Are you kidding me? what to lazy to install a cab? this is all stuff that can be added in by the user....Why make us all suffer for a couple of people?majority rules....thats how it should be.Sadly going back to 48...last issue free rom in my eyes.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 03-10-2008, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor

yes, when i get a chance - i have the new build (kind of) but i have a report i seriously need to be typing!!![/QUOTE]

Maybe we should be writing that report for you...
Old 03-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't blame no2chem for the problems...entirely. How many people here have been rushing both no2chem and dcd to hurry up and get a custom ROM out. You know from his previous versions that he will correct the problems when he gets a chance. He's obviously got more important things to worry about than getting a ROM out.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
Are you kidding me? what to lazy to install a cab? this is all stuff that can be added in by the user....Why make us all suffer for a couple of people?majority rules....thats how it should be.Sadly going back to 48...last issue free rom in my eyes.
just to note: something will be coming out to address all those problems soon - honestly the stuff i've been putting in really is to just test new oems and really try to strip the core to the bare essentials. the thing is, with the commmanager and dialer removed there needs to be some kind of replacement for it, or the base rom won't work out of the box.

lets just put it this way: in the near future, only basekits will be released, and everyone will be able to customize roms to their liking.... (on that note, im thinking about not putting the dialer in entirely).
Old 03-10-2008, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

skreemer7 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwing49 View Post
Seriously, you're awesome. A build out the same morning as the release? Damn. Thats fast. Sprint too months to do this any you already are crankin' out builds any you're not even getting paid (well, not nearly enough).

Yeah there are a few bugs but it's fine for the first day. I'd rather have new builds than wait a few weeks to get everything with no kinks.

One suggestion would be to add some type of notation that sets apart the really good stable builds. (5048 or 5049 I forget which, dunno what was before that) This way the people that don't want to be guinea pigs don't have to deal with the bugged versions.

Just sayin'.

Also, props to you for being able to juggle this, school, a girlfriend (I remember the valentine's day update) and whatever else you have going on. You have a great future ahead of you.

If you are in the Chicago area this summer I'll take you out to dinner to show my gratitude.

Is this build(5052 +) based off the actual new sprint rom released today? My thinking is that its the same exact rom from 5051 with the changes made. Am I right in thinking this? Or have you taken the new rom from today and ...err.. cooked it?

Basically, even if the official rom wasnt released today, would your 5052 build be the same?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logs View Post
When I installed the new stock ROM today, it had 24MB of free memory. A fresh install of nueROM 5052 yields almost 22MB free.

I thought part of the reason for custom ROMS was to strip out unnecessary **** and free up memory. How come stock ROM actually has more?
wm6.1 and wm6.0 are _very_ different in terms of memory usage.
that said, i haven't found the time to convert everything into modules yet.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreemer7 View Post
Is this build(5052 +) based off the actual new sprint rom released today? My thinking is that its the same exact rom from 5051 with the changes made. Am I right in thinking this? Or have you taken the new rom from today and ...err.. cooked it?

Basically, even if the official rom wasnt released today, would you 5052 build be the same still?
no it wouldn't be, it wouldn't have the new oemapps / oemdrivers from the new release.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

skreemer7 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
no it wouldn't be, it wouldn't have the new oemapps / oemdrivers from the new release.
gotcha, thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development