PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-21-11]Tinkerbell's 29019 Titan Rom TBN 39.92 [Verizon/Sprint]

The only other thing I can't find is the HTC pluggin that showed the amount of ram free, the task manager that is built into this ROM shows what's running and CPU utilization, but I haven't been able to find the free ram setting. I've gotten a few running low on memory errors and have no idea how to find what should I disable or clear non-system ram.

Any suggestions Tink??

TIA
Old 04-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Okay, I am mobile at the moment, so bear with me. The second colored line on the top of the home screen is your Program Memory. Also, under the start menu you can click on Oxios Hibernate and gain back lost Program Memory.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Okay, I am mobile at the moment, so bear with me. The second colored line on the top of the home screen is your Program Memory. Also, under the start menu you can click on Oxios Hibernate and gain back lost Program Memory.
Yes, I found that after I sent that message. It's all about the immediate gratification with me!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:45 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
But I haven't been able to find the free ram setting. I've gotten a few running low on memory errors and have no idea how to find what should I disable or clear non-system ram.

Any suggestions Tink??
On your today screen, if you click on the lower right corner, the screen that flashes up will also show you your available Program Memory as a number. Hope that helps. Glad it is running for you there!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker

So it's been a day or so of using this new rom and here's what I noticed so far.

Battery life is slightly lower than the stock image, still gets you through the day maybe a 10%-15% difference. I'm sure that's for all the extras installed on the ROM so no complaints there.

ActiveSync can be quirky. I lost connection for some reason and stopped getting mail for about 3 hours. Not sure what happened here, it was working when I left the house in the morning but around 11:30am, it stop working and didn't notice it till mid afternoon. I may have closed activesync but don't remember. Activesync throw some message in the connection screen, that I dug up but didn't write the error down. I didn't think I could close system processes before on the stock ROM so maybe I need to be careful on where I try to free up some RAM.

Overall very good, clean ROM, just need to watch the activesync, I needs my mail!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

The only other thing to add with this release is that on certain screens you might hit a button and a Window opens up, afterwhich any other screen you open will have black in the shape of the screen on all other windows. The only way I can clear it is to reboot the phone. Doesn't happen enough to complain about it, just wondering if there an option or a way to clear it without rebooting.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
So it's been a day or so of using this new rom and here's what I noticed so far.

Battery life is slightly lower than the stock image, still gets you through the day maybe a 10%-15% difference. I'm sure that's for all the extras installed on the ROM so no complaints there.
Hey testacon! Thank you for the feedback! Run the Rom for a week, and then see what your battery life is. I have noticed that when a person flashes a new Rom, they turn into heavy users for a few days as they figure out all the new goodies. After a few days, you should notice improvement. If you don't, I have a few suggestions for you if it is bothering you.

Quote:
ActiveSync can be quirky.
I am not sure on this one. I haven't seen any issue myself here.

Quote:
Overall very good, clean ROM
Thank you!!

Quote:
The only other thing to add with this release is that on certain screens you might hit a button and a Window opens up, afterwhich any other screen you open will have black in the shape of the screen on all other windows. The only way I can clear it is to reboot the phone. Doesn't happen enough to complain about it, just wondering if there an option or a way to clear it without rebooting.
Could you post a screenshot of this phenomena so we can get it fixed? Thanks!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I have not been able to make it happen a 3rd time now. Originally when I didn't have any bluetooth devices paired and I clicked on the bluetooth icon, in the Comm Manager area and it started to "think" and show the rotating colored circle. When it was over and I went back to the home screen, there was just a black window maybe half of the entire screen blocking everything visually, I was still able to make the selection, just not see what I was clicking on.

I've tried to turn bluetooth off and on about 8 times and now it works as expected. I'll keep trying to push the envelope over the next few days to see if it happens again and post back if it does or doesn't.

Also haven't had any activesync problems today either--so yea!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Humm... Okay. Well, thank you for the update. I will try and duplicate your issue here as well. I am glad activesync is working well today too!!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quick question...

I see the kernel can run in two modes, low and high mem. What is the difference other then the camera is disabled? Does that mean that the high mem one uses more cache to make the phone speedier? Can you change back and forth without consequences? I might take a few pictures a month. If a snappier phone is achieved, and a reboot gives me back the camera, I can live with that. If it's a one way only switch, then I'll leave well enough alone...

As always,

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development