PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 02:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

ckcrow39 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2-23-12]Tinkerbell's 29022 Titan Rom TBN 39.98 [Verizon/Sprint/Cricket]GPS Tools

Thanks,Tinkerbell. Great work.Loaded Sprint rom and works great.

Btw in case anyone has a problem with EPST look for the EPST 4.54.0.0 file. Its here under the touch pro forum. Just saying since it wasn't working for me and just replaced file and worked like a charm.

vistazifta use GetSPC (google it.its for wm2003 but works w/mogul) and use QPST to load prl file that will get you talk/text
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint Touch Pro2, att iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t on both

vistazifta is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vistazifta Send a message via Yahoo to vistazifta Send a message via Skype™ to vistazifta
Re: [2-23-12]Tinkerbell's 29022 Titan Rom TBN 39.98 [Verizon/Sprint/Cricket]GPS Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrow39 View Post
Thanks,Tinkerbell. Great work.Loaded Sprint rom and works great.

Btw in case anyone has a problem with EPST look for the EPST 4.54.0.0 file. Its here under the touch pro forum. Just saying since it wasn't working for me and just replaced file and worked like a charm.

vistazifta use GetSPC (google it.its for wm2003 but works w/mogul) and use QPST to load prl file that will get you talk/text
Thanks!, I know iv ben doing this too all kinds of phones for years (including stupid phones and I'm pretty good at reading msl-spc,s) but I still have rebboting issues on Verizon too but it could just be a lose battery port or something ( think that its why I stopped using it was back then)

Old 04-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Sorry guys, I missed that there were some posts here on this thread. Anything that I can help you all with? Rebooting issues come from having a pre-gps radio and trying to run this rom (GPS-enabled). What radio do you have installed on the device that is having the issue?

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc mogul
Carrier: boost mobile cdma (as soon as i can)

thejackalsmark is a n00b

Just discovered this thread and dl'd the sprint rom for my Mogul. will flash review and give feedback soon. Just wondering if You have a "Bare Bones" version around with just the minimum on it (Ie. just the default titanium, just the base manila files. and any tweaks.) with maybe nue led. and uc compliant, etc. I can install all else from cabs or use sd config. but really wanting to try something without all the extra apps. (God knows I bog it down with enough of my own. lol) currently using ALee's 6.5 carrierless light on boost cdma. htc titan(Sprint Mogul) with Alltell radio 3.42.50. Have tried nearly every rom for this thing out there. I thought this rom from ALee was just about the latest and last for this ole mogul. Then I stumbled across this thread. Can't wait to try it. Still looking for a perfect combo of light on resources and SOME eye candy. (transparent task and soft key bars, and glass flip clock on today screen, but WITHOUT using the ram raping spb mobile shell or the like) currently using cHero clock Modded to be transparent panels. and for Best transparent look on the bars, using IC Thru U. This also makes the transparency look better when turning on titanium. Any advice/ feedback on these issues GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thx for the new rom, Tink. It looks very appealing, and I've NEVER been a huge m2d/sense fan. more the less COMBINED with Titanium. lol - The Jackal
Old 04-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700 Apache
Carrier: Sprint

TROGDOR!! is a n00b

Just busted my old Sprint Titan out of storage to tinker with it, and installed this ROM. So far, so good. Haven't done much testing, though. I've used Tinkerbell ROMs in the past with good results, but this one has the best startup screens I've seen.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROGDOR!! View Post
Just busted my old Sprint Titan out of storage to tinker with it, and installed this ROM. So far, so good. Haven't done much testing, though. I've used Tinkerbell ROMs in the past with good results, but this one has the best startup screens I've seen.
Hey TROGDOR! Thanks for the feedback! It is great to see that there are still some downloading this Rom. Have a Blast from the Past!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackalsmark View Post
Just discovered this thread and dl'd the sprint rom for my Mogul. will flash review and give feedback soon. Just wondering if You have a "Bare Bones" version around with just the minimum on it (Ie. just the default titanium, just the base manila files. and any tweaks.) with maybe nue led. and uc compliant, etc. I can install all else from cabs or use sd config. but really wanting to try something without all the extra apps. (God knows I bog it down with enough of my own. lol) currently using ALee's 6.5 carrierless light on boost cdma. htc titan(Sprint Mogul) with Alltell radio 3.42.50. Have tried nearly every rom for this thing out there. I thought this rom from ALee was just about the latest and last for this ole mogul. Then I stumbled across this thread. Can't wait to try it. Still looking for a perfect combo of light on resources and SOME eye candy. (transparent task and soft key bars, and glass flip clock on today screen, but WITHOUT using the ram raping spb mobile shell or the like) currently using cHero clock Modded to be transparent panels. and for Best transparent look on the bars, using IC Thru U. This also makes the transparency look better when turning on titanium. Any advice/ feedback on these issues GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thx for the new rom, Tink. It looks very appealing, and I've NEVER been a huge m2d/sense fan. more the less COMBINED with Titanium. lol - The Jackal
Sorry I missed this post Jackal. No, there is not a light version of this Rom. You should have about 20MB free at boot as I recall. If there was enough interest I could make an absolute bare bones build for this device. I will have to say this Rom is useful as is. But the fact that Rom development tools are now limited for Windows Mobile, I could help out as I have these.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom VS750V7

trysomeothertime is becoming a great contributor

Hi Tinkerbell,

I just recently bought a..BRAND NEW XV6800. I have a Samsung i760, but could never get past the fact that the touch screen was absolutely terrible, and that there was no internal GPS. Then I remembered about the XV6800, and got this lucky find for under $70.

I have been using it for a couple of weeks, and consider it the best Windows Mobile device released in terms of functionality - it has all the wireless options, great keyboard and screen, and lastly something great that is for some reason missing on recent phones - D-pad and a scroll wheel.

Although the device is very functional for my purposes, it is noticeably slower than my i760, and boots with only 20-22 mb of RAM. I wanted to know, does your ROM improve the responsiveness of the device / make it more "snappy"?

I have never flashed any kind of non-official ROMs, and was wondering, is there a clear set of directions for your particular ROM, a step-by-step guide of sorts?

Thanks, and hope that you continue to support this wonderful device.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Hi trysomeothertime! Glad to see that you are getting use out of this great little device. How awesome that you were able to find a new one after all these years! Nice! As to your questions, unfortunately, the Titan is lacking in capacity. With this custom Rom, you can use 'hi memory mode'. It will improve your program memory by about 10MB. You will not be able to use your camera in this mode however, but when you see a picture you would like to take, a quick reboot into low memory mode is all that is required. Also, is your GPS working with programs like Google Maps? I am just curious what vintage of a device you found there as Verizon locked the GPS in later updates.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom VS750V7

trysomeothertime is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Hi trysomeothertime! Glad to see that you are getting use out of this great little device. How awesome that you were able to find a new one after all these years! Nice! As to your questions, unfortunately, the Titan is lacking in capacity. With this custom Rom, you can use 'hi memory mode'. It will improve your program memory by about 10MB. You will not be able to use your camera in this mode however, but when you see a picture you would like to take, a quick reboot into low memory mode is all that is required. Also, is your GPS working with programs like Google Maps? I am just curious what vintage of a device you found there as Verizon locked the GPS in later updates.
The device came in with the MR.2 update (Windows Mobile 6.1). I went through countless forum posts to try to find the valhalla and surftelus cabs to enable the aGPS on the XV6800 - and finally found both files and the correct registry edits that work today in 2012.

However, I also have found an excellent piece of software that gets the device a GPS lock called GPS2day. It is a plugin on the standard today screen which displays satellite time, coordinates, speed, and elevation. When you click on the icon, and put the phone near the window or open sky, the phone gets a lock. After that, all GPS apps work flawlessly. I tested this with the stock Verizon MR.2, and got a lock outside each time with the data connection turned off, and the phone module disabled. GPS2day has worked on all internal GPS devices I own - LG Fathom, Samsung Mondi, and the XV6800.

I was very happy I didn't have to update the radio, custom flash (which I have never done, and thought now wouldn't be the best time to start, with all developers leaving Windows Mobile), and that I was able to get the GPS working! I have personally never seen this "fix" listed anywhere. However, now I notice that the phone is slower than the i760 with the same specs, and I wanted to see if a custom ROM would offer me a boost in the device responsiveness.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development