PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sampson's clean wm5 rom for titan

Well download mode is fine to exit under normal circumstances (pull batt or so), but with improper radio/spl combinations you can really ruin things i've found out =)
Old 03-28-2008, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: phone
Carrier: yes

theedon is keeping up the good worktheedon is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Well download mode is fine to exit under normal circumstances (pull batt or so), but with improper radio/spl combinations you can really ruin things i've found out =)
I've had my phone fail to boot after burning one of my modified roms but I've always been able to get the bootloader to work afterwards. (Power, camera -- reset)

What did you do that bricked your phone? I'd like to know so that I can avoid it.

Thanks
Old 03-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Retired Staff

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's the bold part of my signature at the moment as a warning
Old 03-29-2008, 12:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

gruvylou is a n00b

as of now, is there any way to have the stability of wm5 and the luxury of an active gps chip in the 6800's. i would love to go back to wm5, but i just got gps to work and i'm lovin it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
WARNING: Using anything from Special_4350.nbh file can cause unrecoverable (at least as of now) bricking of devices (I have a dead mogul to prove it!) (Also: titan GPS radio on vogue = bad idea)
I hope you will forgive me because I don't mean to be rubbing it in...

Reading your warning I come to the conclusion that once you have a working radio and boot loader (DON'T MESS WITH THEM AGAIN!) . Then, a mistake modifying the rom proper should always be recoverable?

Thanks
Old 03-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Retired Staff

Yup thats my standard line =)

Of course, if you're crazy like me feel free to make bricks. I could use a new patio.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint... wtf is this required?!

willpower101 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruvylou View Post
as of now, is there any way to have the stability of wm5 and the luxury of an active gps chip in the 6800's. i would love to go back to wm5, but i just got gps to work and i'm lovin it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I second this. Wm5 was soooo snappy.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, I want some feedback before burning...

I just got a1jatt's kitchen (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=379461) and removed the SYS/OS directory and replaced it with Sampson's kitchen's SYS/OS. (I used DogGuy's kitchen maker (ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/DogGuy) and Sampson's r1 rom (ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/sampson/revision%2001)). After deleting a few extra files from the a1jatt kitchen, I was able to get it to successfully build. Now.... I'm wondering if I want to take a chance and burn it onto the phone. I'm currently using a1jatt's kitchen and it works great so I'm not really sure I should risk it...

I suspect that changing the OS version can't be that easy.... What do you guys think?

Last edited by theedon; 03-29-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

heck try it man. appears to be rather hard to break a wm phone...even if u tried. and really only one way to learn, trial and error. i personally don't think experimenting with roms is that much of a risk, but what adds to the risk at this specific moment is the fact that there are no more moguls. so if u do happen to succeed in bricking it...looks like it'll be a Touch for you.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint... wtf is this required?!

willpower101 is just getting started

Huh? what do you mean there are no more moguls?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development