PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 01:19 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
BAF GPS Toggle, v1.9 [Updated 7/23]

UPDATE 7/23/08: GPS Toggle v1.9 has been released! This new version makes minor tweaks, as well as updating the graphical interface again to indicate lock status, number of satellites, and GPS signal strength. As always, for more information and to update, click here!

UPDATE 7/16/08: The (long awaited?) update is now out! GPS Toggle v0.9b1 has been released. The new version boasts an updated graphical interface (thanks to diiishe for the icons) as well as a temporary workaround for the driver crash related to power management (the problem is not fully fixed, however the crash should be). For more information, please click here.

UPDATE 4/23/08: I am currently in the middle of moving to a new house, so I expect to have everything setup and a new version released sometime in May or early June.

BAF GPS Toggle is a today screen plugin for Windows Mobile. It has been designed specifically for the HTC Titan, but should work on most other Windows Mobile phones that have a need for this type of application.

BAF GPS Toggle is written in native code (not .NET), and uses very little memory. It sits on your Today Screen, allowing you to click on it to toggle GPS on and off for your applications. While GPS is toggled on, it also displays lock status as well as the number of satellites and GPS signal strength from each satellite. Simple as that. It is similar to the GPSToday plugin, but simply toggles GPS on and off as opposed to checking for nearby contacts in your address book and doing tons of things (which helps conserve memory and battery life).

Permalink to Latest Installer [works OTA now]: http://code.baf.cc/gpstoggle/GPSToggle.cab
Permalink to Latest OEM (thanks to justpctech, also included with ppckitchen): http://code.baf.cc/gpstoggle/GPSToggle.oem.zip

Screenshot:

Stay tuned for further updates. Other thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21278

Last edited by Baffles; 09-16-2008 at 08:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 19 times.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Re: BAF GPS Toggle, Beta Version 1

Post Reserved.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think I might prefer your other app (bafgpsv01t) better. Only reason I say that is that I don't have to worry about another step to run GPS. I am going to have to check this out anyway since I am up extra early for work and decided I wanted a different ROM.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:32 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

If you're running something like Ultimate launch or pocket plus, you can put this on a tab with all your gps apps. Then you can tap to turn on GPS and launch any app you want, without configuring each one with a launcher individually.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this app works great! With one click I enabled GPS with Today plugin, opened iGO, by the time I got into the map, it already had 9 sats for me.

[edit- also works great with Live Search; clicked GPS on, opened map, had me located by the time map was opened]

Last edited by justpctech; 03-14-2008 at 02:29 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

Sweet, glad it worked for you.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Anton2006 is a n00b

Wow, this works amazing. I'm using the old radio with TomTom and it picks up satellites instantly. Thank you for taking the time to make this. I'm sure myself and many others will get a lot of use out of it.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:05 PM
jy1
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jy1 is a n00b

I get an error 55 when I try to start the app.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

What ROM + Radio are you running?
Old 03-14-2008, 07:19 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Dude...

Ok, here's what I need. Consider this, please please please....

I need an executable I can call from mortscript to turn on and then turn off the GPS.

The device going to sleep and then killing GPS, and never being able to get it back without a soft reset is killing me, If not for that, my mortscript to grab the GPS reading every xx minutes is working.

Any hope of you making that? You know what would be even better (hell, let me dream a little dream) - an executable I could call that would fire up the gps, get a reading, and put the reading into the registry (lat/long/timestamp/heading/speed/altitude.... that's alls I need ) and then shut down the GPS. No GUI. No display. just the reading. It could give up after a timeout if no fix happened.

Then I don't have to do any serial i/o in mortscript (which sucks for sure)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development