PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

mookiemoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation WHAT IS THE ROM OF PREFERENCE FOR SPEED AND EYE CANDY

I just rooted my epic and am now looking for a rom that doesnt eat up my battery and offers many functions, without all the sprint apps that come with the stock rom. What seems to be the most functional with the most useful bells and whistles???
Old 12-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: WHAT IS THE ROM OF PREFERENCE FOR SPEED AND EYE CANDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemoo View Post
I just rooted my epic and am now looking for a rom that doesnt eat up my battery and offers many functions, without all the sprint apps that come with the stock rom. What seems to be the most functional with the most useful bells and whistles???
Threads merged for everyone's convenience and continued browsing pleasures.

late,
Coz
Old 12-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Help me choose a custom ROM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
it went into a cycle of rebooting...

it said 100% when I plugged in the battery.
When it booted up, it said 28%

doing that now.
Let us know how it all turns out.

late,
Coz
Old 12-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Any CDMA

Woozy82 is a n00b
In my opinion custom rom's are lame, just people trying to fix what isn't broken. Unless your phone has been discontinued & there are no more android updates, then there is no need for custom rom. Just root, use apps like titanium backup, uninstall app's you don't use or want. This, in my opinion is the best way to for minimum " force close" apps, and missing crucial app's like hidden menus: diag mode, data,debug, manual programming are most of the time missing from custom roms. If there is an official update your custom rom
won't be able to receive it be cause it lame. Even if your flashing to another carrier you don't need custom roms to have it fully functioning web, mms,nav...

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App

Last edited by Woozy82; 12-08-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Coz-erator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woozy82 View Post
In my opinion custom rom's are lame, just people trying to fix what isn't broken. Unless your phone has been discontinued & there are no more android updates, then there is no need for custom rom. Just root, use apps like titanium backup, uninstall app's you don't use or want. This, in my opinion is the best way to for minimum " force close" apps, and missing crucial app's like hidden menus: diag mode, data,debug, manual programming are most of the time missing from custom roms. If there is an official update your custom rom
won't be able to receive it be cause it lame. Even if your flashing to another carrier you don't need custom roms to have it fully functioning web, mms,nav...

While that is certainly true for the casual user and those users who "just need it to work"...some of us are looking to get more out of our devices. With custom roms you can:

• Get rid of carrier bloatware that is using up your resources and limited memory.
  • Add custom apps that your device may not have on it natively.
  • Get rid of things like CIQ (Carrier IQ).
  • Overclock the processor to enable more speed in terms of rendering, opening and closing of apps, better video playback.
  • Theme your entire device.
  • Get "enhanced" apps like Sprint Hotspot, etc.
  • and more....
....but ultimately in comes down to personal choice and how much time you want to spend playing with your phone

late,
Coz
Old 12-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Coz-erator

And woozy...glad to see you finally posted after joining in 2008! That's a long dry spell!!

late,
Coz
Old 12-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Lurker

Woozy82 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
And woozy...glad to see you finally posted after joining in 2008! That's a long dry spell!!
late,
Coz
Lol, well I'm more of a hardware tech than firmware, but I've been doing both longer than most of the members on this fourm and many other. To each his own, just diggin the ppc app. More cellular fourms should start apps

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Lurker

Woozy82 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
it went into a cycle of rebooting...
it said 100% when I plugged in the battery.
When it booted up, it said 28%
doing that now.
Let remove your battey from the equation: reinstall stock eveything, if your battery does the same thing, check bettery, if it's good then more than likely it the crap your were told to install

Old 12-09-2011, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

mookiemoo is a n00b

woozy, thank you for your response. that leads me to another question. I rooted it last night and now would love to get all the sprint apps off like nascar and other stock apps that i simply do not use. how do i go about uninstalling those apps from this point?
Old 12-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work

ok.. the day before conditioning my battery, 14hrs.
after conditioning, 4hrs and the battery when from 100% to 2%

terrible!
every time i rebooted the battery dropped 10% at least

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Tags
custom, ei22, gingerbread, rom, root