PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

cloudtp2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
my phone got wet this weekend, it stopping i made a claim, but now its working

ok so i dropped my phone in the pool. took out the battery, dried it off. it quit working and started doing all kinds of funky stuff. so then i decided to make a claim on sprint since i have the insurance. after i made the claim i started messing with it. i took it apart, cleaned the inside with electrical cleaner and dried it off with air pressure. put it back together, got into the android recovery system, then restated the whole thing. and it started working again!.. well the backlights on the keyboard dont work only some. and the camera button is kinda sticky...

i dont mind keeping the phone for a couple more months till i can upgrade again. but i already made a claim and its nonrefundable. anyway to get them to cancel the order??. i aleady called once and she said its nonrefundable and i must take the new phone and send the old phone or ill be charged $500 for the phone.

Last edited by cloudtp2; 05-31-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:31 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: my phone got wet this weekend, it stopping i made a claim, but know its working

If you made a claim with Ashuran and payed the $100 fee..then that phone is now their property...its like if you file a claim for a phone stolen, and find it..its not yours anymore..once the claim is made you gave up your rights to it..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-31-2011, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: my phone got wet this weekend, it stopping i made a claim, but know its working

ahhhh that sucks!!! but if u find the phone, then do u send it back too?? whats up with that? i should of just said i lost it
Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudtp2 View Post
ahhhh that sucks!!! but if u find the phone, then do u send it back too?? whats up with that? i should of just said i lost it
Yes, if you find the phone..you must send it back..as its not your property anymore..but yes.. theoretically they wont know that you found it...they may blacklist the ESN though..not sure..
Old 05-31-2011, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: my phone got wet this weekend, it stopping i made a claim, but now its working

so theres absolutely no way to cancel the claim??
Old 05-31-2011, 09:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Re: my phone got wet this weekend, it stopping i made a claim, but now its working

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudtp2 View Post
so theres absolutely no way to cancel the claim??
You can "attempt" to talk to Ashuran directly...as they are the ones who handle the claim...
Old 05-31-2011, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

wow! i called them again, talked to some1 else and they helped me out. all i have to do is send the phone back if i get in the mail.

awesome thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G