PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PIN lock

If I set a PIN lock on EC05 stock, and put the phone to sleep with the power button, it immediately locks the device. I would like to change that (if possible) so that it locks after 5 minutes or so of no usage. I don't see why turning off the screen the phone should immediately lock itself. If I pass the phone to someone for example it's locked half the time before the get to see whatever I'm showing them.

Are there any options for this, I've looked and can't find any. If it can't from stock is there, "an app for that"?

TIA...
Old 05-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: PIN lock

I have an EVO... But I think the setting is dictated by Android and not Samsung vs HTC.

From the home screen... I hit Menu > Settings > Security... Then I get an option to "Lock phone after" and a dropdown menu to choose my interval.

You should try that.
p.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
I have an EVO... But I think the setting is dictated by Android and not Samsung vs HTC.

From the home screen... I hit Menu > Settings > Security... Then I get an option to "Lock phone after" and a dropdown menu to choose my interval.

You should try that.
p.
That option doesn't appear to exist. When I go into Settings, Location and security, I have a change screen lock setting but a timer sub menu does not exist. I can only turn it off and on. Thanks for replying though!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Sorry bro... Hopefully you get an answer. I always try to help even though my phone might be different than yours.
I guess it was worth a try. I'll look around and let you know if I find something.
p.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I dont have my Epic back just yet..so cant check..but there are some lockscreen mods in the market you can try:

delay lock - Search Android Apps on AppBrain

But I am pretty sure the lock was not exactly immediate when turning off the screen..it was like 30 seconds...was it not? if so there might be a setting to reconfigure it..if not on the phone via root..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-31-2011, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I dont have my Epic back just yet..so cant check..but there are some lockscreen mods in the market you can try:

delay lock - Search Android Apps on AppBrain

But I am pretty sure the lock was not exactly immediate when turning off the screen..it was like 30 seconds...was it not? if so there might be a setting to reconfigure it..if not on the phone via root..
Are you ever getting you phone back? Is this your only phone or just your primary? You might have to turn in your forum mod police badge if this continues much longer!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

He'll get it back... I'm not sure he can actually survive without it much longer. His life literally depends on it.
p.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:04 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
Are you ever getting you phone back? Is this your only phone or just your primary? You might have to turn in your forum mod police badge if this continues much longer!
I "should" be getting it back today..but prob will be too busy to play with it today/tomorrow since I have a meeting to prepare for ..I have another line and using my TP2...I aways dual wield my Epic and my TP2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
He'll get it back... I'm not sure he can actually survive without it much longer. His life literally depends on it.
p.
*gasp*..he knows my weakness..I must eliminate him..
Old 05-31-2011, 07:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I "should" be getting it back today..but prob will be too busy to play with it today/tomorrow since I have a meeting to prepare for ..I have another line and using my TP2...I aways dual wield my Epic and my TP2...

*gasp*..he knows my weakness..I must eliminate him..
How do you use two phones? Do you carry both or call forward back and forth when you want to change them? You can't possibly ask people to memorize two numbers for you right? I can't see carrying two phones everywhere and I thought Sprint nickle and dimes you when you use call forwarding? Just curious since we can't swap SIM cards like the GSM folks...
Old 05-31-2011, 07:20 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

If you own two Sprint phones you can just call and have your other phone activated... I did that many times with my original HTC Touch... Every time my TP or TP2 had to go in and get exchanged... I would have the old Touch activated. Then when my replacement TP or TP2 came in... I would have them switch back. Right now I have 4 phones that can be activated in case of catastrophic failure to my EVO.
Knock on wood... I don't want to use either of those.
p.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G