PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 06:34 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Modding a built theme?

How can i mod a already build theme?
how can i replace some things out of one like take the gmail mod on one and add it to another one

replace the launcher

Old 05-14-2011, 09:01 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Modding a built theme?

Can you be a bit more specific on which mods your trying edit?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-14-2011, 10:46 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

im trying to take what i like from many themes and make it into one so i can run my phone exactly the way i like

I like this theme
[THEME][EC05][4/26/11]Honeycomb Fusion 2.0 /+Addons! (SRF/Bonsai/midNight compatible)
located here: [THEME][EC05][4/26/11]Honeycomb Fusion 2.0 /+Addons! (SRF/Bonsai/midNight compatible) - xda-developers

but i like the launcher in this one but want it with the icons from the above one but also with a clear background
[NEW][Theme]::Androdena::Galaxy:: "Cynox" Edition V1.0 LITE 4/8/11
[NEW][Theme]::Androdena::Galaxy:: "Cynox" Edition V1.0 LITE 4/8/11 - xda-developers
Old 05-14-2011, 11:00 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
im trying to take what i like from many themes and make it into one so i can run my phone exactly the way i like

I like this theme
[THEME][EC05][4/26/11]Honeycomb Fusion 2.0 /+Addons! (SRF/Bonsai/midNight compatible)
located here: [THEME][EC05][4/26/11]Honeycomb Fusion 2.0 /+Addons! (SRF/Bonsai/midNight compatible) - xda-developers

but i like the launcher in this one but want it with the icons from the above one but also with a clear background
[NEW][Theme]::Androdena::Galaxy:: "Cynox" Edition V1.0 LITE 4/8/11
[NEW][Theme]::Androdena::Galaxy:: "Cynox" Edition V1.0 LITE 4/8/11 - xda-developers
As long as you are using the framework-res.apk & twframework-res.apk from the same theme you can.

You need 7-zip to do this.

Keep the folder structure from the theme who's framework you want to use.

Then using 7zip you can drag the themed apps that you want from other themes into the folders of that theme.

If you want too move png within the framework to another theme, that's more difficult.

Always delete the app you're replacing before flashing.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:53 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Is it possible and if it is how hard is to do the following
I want the custom tw launcher the 2nd theme has (I know its available by itself just haven't been able to find the latest edition for the epic) but with the icons of the 1st theme with a clear background
Old 05-15-2011, 10:41 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
You would have to extract the twlauncher you want to take the icons from to a folder (the icons should be in the drawable-hdpi folder), then open (don't extract) the other one with 7zip and goto the res/drawable-hdpi folder. Drag the icons you want out of the one you extracted into the 7zip window.

Close the 7zip window and click yes to update when it asks.

Next thing... I'm not sure if twlauncher is signed or not.... So at this point you can try to intall it. If it fails or fc's then you probably broke the signature.

If this happens, you will need apkmanager. Take the original version and drop it into the to be modded folder, rename the one you modded with unsignedtwlauncher30 (just add unsigned in front of the name) and drop it into the same folder. Open the script.bat, press any key if you get the abd error, then press 22 to select a file. Pick the original one. Then press I think it's 4 to sign the file. It will remane the unsigned file to signed. This is the file you will copy back into the theme with 7zip. Delete the old one out, the reneme the signedtwlauncher30 to twlauncher30.

Went completely off memory, so some minor details may not be exact.

Sent from my Epic 4G running the midNIGHT rom via Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G